Derrick Rose Wanted To Prove People Wrong 'Too Bad' In First Return

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Derrick Rose Wanted To Prove People Wrong 'Too Bad' In First Return 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 am

Derrick Rose admitted he wanted to prove doubters wrong in his return from a torn ACL last season. One month into the season, Rose then suffered a torn ligament in his right knee.

"Coming back last season, of course I wanted to prove everybody wrong," Rose said. "I wanted it too, too bad. This time around, I just know that I've got to let the game come to me. Go out there and just play."

Rose is participating in Team USA's training camp in Las Vegas, which began on Monday.

"I've been preparing for this for a long time," he said. "It's probably big for everyone else because they haven't seen me. It's kind of weird. People are kind of like in awe to even see me run down the floor, like I'm handicapped or something.

"This is only the beginning of a long journey. But my confidence level is through the roof. I know how special I am as a player," he said. "And I know what I still can do."

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: Derrick Rose Wanted To Prove People Wrong 'Too Bad' In F 

Post#2 » by Cottage Grove » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 am

I can honestly say I never turned my back on the guy. :nod:
You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETtxGScVlY
taco_daddy
Senior
And1: 386

Post#3 » by taco_daddy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 am

Rose shouldn't worry too much about proving the haters wrong, haters are going to hate no matter what. Just go out there and give it your all. That's all any reasonable person could ask.
After Rose broke both his knees, I gave up on the hope that we'd make it to the NBA Finals again. It will probably be decades before we see another championship. Hello Treadmill, here we come.

It's the shoes!
WindyCity1
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by WindyCity1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:11 am

I will love D Rose no matter what , he is a great player and a better person.
mswenson
Banned User
And1: 147

Post#5 » by mswenson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 am

yeah he is good at proving people wrong. What will he cheat on this time?
HoraryAstrology
Junior
And1: 150

Post#6 » by HoraryAstrology » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:07 am

His personality makes him easy to quit on.
Stars Don't Lie. "Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer."
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#7 » by GimmeDat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 am

Incredible how many people continue to poke fun of the guy... go laugh at Andrew Bynum or someone who actually deserves to be mocked... this guy was/(still is hopefully) still an incredible player who has had a really bad stretch of injuries.

Obviously as a Bulls fan I wanna see him back out on the court, but as an NBA fan surely it makes no sense to make continue to make fun of the situation. He's one of the most entertaining players in the league when healthy.

I hope he stays healthy and has a great season.

Btw obviously not referring to anyone in this comment section, just a general statement.
SwishMaster90
Junior
And1: 152

Post#8 » by SwishMaster90 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

Ya don't say... but it's normal for players to approach the game in this matter when they return after a long leave. The media sure didn't help. I am interested in seeing how well he does this season coming up. East needs more stars... hello Love! :D
T12
Junior
And1: 159

Post#9 » by T12 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:24 am

Grant Hill 2.0
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#10 » by MegaK » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 am

GimmeDat wrote:Incredible how many people continue to poke fun of the guy... go laugh at Andrew Bynum or someone who actually deserves to be mocked... this guy was/(still is hopefully) still an incredible player who has had a really bad stretch of injuries.

Obviously as a Bulls fan I wanna see him back out on the court, but as an NBA fan surely it makes no sense to make continue to make fun of the situation. He's one of the most entertaining players in the league when healthy.

Btw obviously not referring to anyone in this comment section, just a general statement.

I'm rooting for the guy too. All you hear about is how much he's been working on returning. Whenever there is an article about something he has said or done it is almost always at a practice facility or rehab center. Seems like he is laser focused on returning to MVP form and I hope he does. There hasn't been a more gracious superstar player in the NBA for a long time.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#11 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 am

Rose will be a BEAST this season watch
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#12 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm

The Eastern conference just got a lot tougher :)

It's going to be fun watching both sides now:

- Sixers/Bucks full of young draft picks/talent, hungry to prove themselves.
- Raptors/Hornets/Wizards are no longer the laughing stock of the NBA, and are actually a threat to any team
- Indiana/Miami/Cavs/Bulls a force to be reckoned with again/still

Will the NBA finally see balance again, and could this season be much more competitive than last?!
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#13 » by Ring_Me » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:09 pm

T12 wrote:Grant Hill 2.0

Immature 1,000,000.0
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#14 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Just TAKE YOUR TIME

ACL injury really takes 2 years to recover fully from, so this year is technically Rose's first year. just take your time dude
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 pm

taco_daddy wrote:Rose shouldn't worry too much about proving the haters wrong, haters are going to hate no matter what. Just go out there and give it your all. That's all any reasonable person could ask.

Its in his DNA to attack the rim
and he isnt big enough to do so night in and night out (i.e Iverson)

Rose is a amazin player, but i hope he worked on his mid range game more for the 1st year so he can make it injury free this season
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Incredible how many people continue to poke fun of the guy... go laugh at Andrew Bynum or someone who actually deserves to be mocked... this guy was/(still is hopefully) still an incredible player who has had a really bad stretch of injuries.

We do m ake fun of Bynum, but he isnt relivant anymore.

I think we are all Rooting for D Rose to be healthy, and im in LA
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 pm

MegaK wrote:

I'm rooting for the guy too. All you hear about is how much he's been working on returning. Whenever there is an article about something he has said or done it is almost always at a practice facility or rehab center. Seems like he is laser focused on returning to MVP form and I hope he does. There hasn't been a more gracious superstar player in the NBA for a long time.

Lets be honest:
Rose wouldnt of won MVP if it was for the Lebron decision in 2010. He was hated.

Rose probably shouldve came in 2nd that year, but that happens alot . I.e Tim Duncan over Shaq in 04 and Tim Duncan over Kidd in 01 I believe
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by Chris3323 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:The Eastern conference just got a lot tougher :)

It's going to be fun watching both sides now:

- Sixers/Bucks full of young draft picks/talent, hungry to prove themselves.
- Raptors/Hornets/Wizards are no longer the laughing stock of the NBA, and are actually a threat to any team
- Indiana/Miami/Cavs/Bulls a force to be reckoned with again/still

Will the NBA finally see balance again, and could this season be much more competitive than last?!

NBA is starting to look alot more like the early 90's teams in my opinion.
Its almost balanced with the exception of Mega stars on a couple teams in East (Cavs, Knicks)
Skoolboy
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#19 » by Skoolboy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Rose relies on his explosiveness and quickness to beat defenses, if these injuries slow him down even a tad bit he will have gone from great to above average in a flash
Why do the Yankees win every year? 'Cause they can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#20 » by drbg43 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Okay, first of all it was a meniscus tear not a ligament.

Second of all the comments here are insane. Obviously he wanted to prove the doubters wrong and still does, but this time he's learnt a thing or two. D-Rose is going to come back strong this season and then everyone can shut the heck up and eat their words.
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig

Return to Wiretap Discussion