Timberwolves Expect To Execute Kevin Love Deal By Aug. 23-24; Cavs Are Strongest Bet

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Timberwolves Expect To Execute Kevin Love Deal By Aug. 23-24; Cavs Are Strongest Bet 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:09 am

The Minnesota Timberwolves expect to trade Kevin Love by Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.

"I'm saying it's most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that's what he wants to do," Wolves owner Glen Taylor said.

Taylor still prefers for the Timberwolves to keep Love. The two August date is when Andrew Wiggins can officially be traded.

The Cleveland Cavaliers remain the strong bet for Love, but the Timberwolves are also listening to offers from the Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors. The Philadelphia 76ers are expected to be part of any three-team deal involving Love.

"I think when you move somebody like Kevin, who's been an all-star, that you've got to get a number of players on your team that have the potential of replacing him," Taylor said. "Flip (Saunders, Wolves president) has looked at this team and offensively, he's got a pretty good team. Defensively, it's got to be better, so I think that's where some of the areas will be replaced."

Via Charley Walters/Pioneer Press

God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Re: Timberwolves Expect To Execute Kevin Love Deal By Aug. 2 

Post#2 » by God Squad » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:17 am

Finally. Get it over with.
3Peat2000
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#3 » by 3Peat2000 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:30 am

God Squad wrote:Finally. Get it over with.

I agree, get on with it. They (Wolves) must not see any benefit of moving him. Why the end of August? your guess is as good as mine.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wisdom, piety, common sense, and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence for their take. When all else fails, make sure to laugh at least 5 times in any 24-hour period.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#4 » by AQuintus » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:31 am

3Peat2000 wrote:

I agree, get on with it. They (Wolves) must not see any benefit of moving him. Why the end of August? your guess is as good as mine.

Are you serious? They're waiting until Aug. 23rd because that's when Wiggins' trade restriction expires.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#5 » by A BETTER DJ » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:32 am

The new big 3 will be in... Cleveland? If they could somehow pull this off they will be tough to beat!
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#6 » by kobe48306 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:50 am

A BETTER DJ wrote:The new big 3 will be in... Cleveland? If they could somehow pull this off they will be tough to beat!

I guess let's state the obvious. Kyre Irving or Dwayne Wade? Kevin Love or Chris Bosh? Don't think too hard!
Gee, and everyone thought LeChoke was just being a nice guy by going back to Cleveland. Superstars don't chase championships! Thus, well you can state the obvious once again.
3Peat2000
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#7 » by 3Peat2000 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 1:53 am

AQuintus wrote:
3Peat2000 wrote:

Are you serious? They're waiting until Aug. 23rd because that's when Wiggins' trade restriction expires.

So your guess is as good as mine then. smh
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wisdom, piety, common sense, and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence for their take. When all else fails, make sure to laugh at least 5 times in any 24-hour period.
staticcc
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#8 » by staticcc » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:05 am

kobe48306 wrote:
A BETTER DJ wrote:The new big 3 will be in... Cleveland? If they could somehow pull this off they will be tough to beat!

I guess let's state the obvious. Kyre Irving or Dwayne Wade? Kevin Love or Chris Bosh? Don't think too hard!
Gee, and everyone thought LeChoke was just being a nice guy by going back to Cleveland. Superstars don't chase championships! Thus, well you can state the obvious once again.

Chase? Because Kyrie and Love have been to the playoffs right? Lmao! Love is the ring-chaser here. Lebron chasing championships would have meant him staying in Miami or going to the Rockets or even forcing a trade to the Clippers. Going to the Cavs is not.
Arsilva
Junior
And1: 28

Post#9 » by Arsilva » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:17 am

staticcc wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:

Chase? Because Kyrie and Love have been to the playoffs right? Lmao! Love is the ring-chaser here. Lebron chasing championships would have meant him staying in Miami or going to the Rockets or even forcing a trade to the Clippers. Going to the Cavs is not.

---

Kyrie Irving will never be half as good as Wade was before last season. Defensively, Wade could even be a rim protector, surely the best shooting guard ever in this aspect.

K.Love and Bosh are comparable....but let's see how Love defend the pick and roll...specially the point guard-power foward p&r....he and K.I. will be exposed in playoffs...Lebron can't cover Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka at same time (or CP3-BG, Tony-Duncan or even Bosh-Wade).
closedcannon
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by closedcannon » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:41 am

Arsilva wrote:
staticcc wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:

---

Kyrie Irving will never be half as good as Wade was before last season. Defensively, Wade could even be a rim protector, surely the best shooting guard ever in this aspect.

K.Love and Bosh are comparable....but let's see how Love defend the pick and roll...specially the point guard-power foward p&r....he and K.I. will be exposed in playoffs...Lebron can't cover Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka at same time (or CP3-BG, Tony-Duncan or even Bosh-Wade).

Here we go with the lebron hate you sound ridiculous first of all Irving and waiters are better than chalmers and wade and love is way better than bosh, too bad the bulls are going to beat both teams
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#11 » by statsman » Sun Aug 3, 2014 2:50 am

What's this BS about still listening to offers from the Bulls and the Warriors? They're not topping any Cavs deal that includes Wiggins, so why bother?

I am not sure how many times Flip needs to get the middle finger from the Warriors before he stops mentioning them as "potential" trade partners.
Trillen
Rookie
And1: 156

Post#12 » by Trillen » Sun Aug 3, 2014 3:06 am

Did anyone else stop reading at Kevin Love? I thought the Timberwolves were about to kill him for a second.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#13 » by your boy » Sun Aug 3, 2014 4:36 am

It's crazy how people who hate LeBron hate him so much that they actually think what the Bulls are offering is better than what the Cavs are offering.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#14 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Aug 3, 2014 4:39 am

Defensively hmmm Cavs seem the obvious and front runners but CHI wouldn't trade Noah for him would they?
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#15 » by WesleyExChiFan » Sun Aug 3, 2014 5:10 am

Arsilva wrote:
staticcc wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:

---

they're going to score A LOT. But can they stay out of foul trouble against the 1/4 pick and roll? The question is will they be up by double digits already when it happens. Should be interesting.
mswenson
Banned User
And1: 147

Post#16 » by mswenson » Sun Aug 3, 2014 6:54 am

kobe48306 wrote:

The heat were guaranteed another finals appearance. this cavs team isn't even guaranteed to beat the bulls. They never even played together before. So what is the obvious you are talking about. Lechoke really. HOw about kobe who choked for 13 seasons out of 18 with a stacked them in 17 of them
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#17 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 8:04 am

mswenson wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:

The heat were guaranteed another finals appearance. this cavs team isn't even guaranteed to beat the bulls. They never even played together before. So what is the obvious you are talking about. Lechoke really. HOw about kobe who choked for 13 seasons out of 18 with a stacked them in 17 of them

I disagree because love is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter then bosh and they made bosh a jump shooter. love will still put up 20 ppg. its impossible for him not to be a scoring machine. that's what he does. he the best pf in the game. sure his defense isn't up to par but when u playing with LeBron it doesn't matter. and kyrie is not sloutch at all. another 20 ppg scorer but he will sacrifice the most out of the three. his scoring is going to take a hit. its clearly brons and loves team now. then u add in tristian Thompson, waiters, varejeo. they already have what Miami never had now and that's a good center. and a very good pg. all those shooters they have for LeBron to attack and kick to is unfair. whatever they lack on defense the offense will make it up. I see a upgraded team and LeBron does to which is his reason for leaving Miami for Cleveland. another plot he set up weeks ago knowing love would jump over. I don't like LeBron and his inability to prove hes great without a superteam. I don't know why he gets called the best player in the game when he needs 2 20 point scorers near him at all times just to help him look good and then changes there style to fit his. that's weak for a player his caliber. if he wins 5 rings he cant take much credit as going down as a great player like kobe and mj. if the nba is going to allow this to happen then make sure there is at least 5 or 6 superteams to compete with them. it sucks all the fun out of basketball when u have to create a damn near allstar team and compete against regular teams with barely one superstar
Raptorel
Starter
And1: 50

Post#18 » by Raptorel » Sun Aug 3, 2014 10:53 am

I thought the Wolves will execute Kevin Love.
Birth of the Cool wrote:Kaman in person is even more disturbing to watch. I felt my seat inching ever so slowing towards his black hole gravitational pull. Luckily RC finally pulled him before my row was devoured by Galactus/Kaman.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Timberwolves Expect To Execute Kevin Love Deal By Aug. 23-24 

Post#19 » by 2thehoopand1 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 10:56 am

Love gave up on the wolves who to say he doesn't gave up on the cavs. Especially already being designated as a third option on the team he's not even on yet. His stock fell in my book. If I was GM Lebron I would be looking for a defensive center the young cavs have enough scoring ability and potential on that end. It's their defense they need to sure up. It would also be easier to find a defensive center with a asking price lower then Love's.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,110

Post#20 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 12:06 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
mswenson wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:

I disagree because love is a much better scorer and 3pt shooter then bosh and they made bosh a jump shooter. love will still put up 20 ppg. its impossible for him not to be a scoring machine. that's what he does. he the best pf in the game. sure his defense isn't up to par but when u playing with LeBron it doesn't matter. and kyrie is not sloutch at all. another 20 ppg scorer but he will sacrifice the most out of the three. his scoring is going to take a hit. its clearly brons and loves team now. then u add in tristian Thompson, waiters, varejeo. they already have what Miami never had now and that's a good center. and a very good pg. all those shooters they have for LeBron to attack and kick to is unfair. whatever they lack on defense the offense will make it up. I see a upgraded team and LeBron does to which is his reason for leaving Miami for Cleveland. another plot he set up weeks ago knowing love would jump over. I don't like LeBron and his inability to prove hes great without a superteam. I don't know why he gets called the best player in the game when he needs 2 20 point scorers near him at all times just to help him look good and then changes there style to fit his. that's weak for a player his caliber. if he wins 5 rings he cant take much credit as going down as a great player like kobe and mj. if the nba is going to allow this to happen then make sure there is at least 5 or 6 superteams to compete with them. it sucks all the fun out of basketball when u have to create a damn near allstar team and compete against regular teams with barely one superstar

it was obivous for lebron.
nba created that heat project.
after that now we'll see: "return of the king" drama...

CAVS got 3 1st picks in last 4 years. it wasnt luck. thats imposibble. they rewarded by nba.
lebron always get best squads in the league. he has a referee protection too. if you touch him in layup its more likely to get a foul. he dont need to dribble the ball. no steps for him..

k.love; young big men who can shoot 3 and rebounds 12+ per game. he's top 10 player in the league.
kyrie irving. probably top 3 pg in the league. LAST ALL STAR MVP. much more clutch then lebron.
you got these and some other young fellas like d.waiters etc. you'll get veterans like r.allen etc.

this kind of roster can win the title without lebron. i dont respect him when he wins with so much help. so much franchise players in a team doesnt get respect for him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion