Derrick Rose Plans To Reach Out To Paul George During Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Derrick Rose Plans To Reach Out To Paul George During Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:45 am

Derrick Rose discussed his well wishes to Paul George after the Indiana Pacers' forward suffered a fracture in his leg in Team USA's first exhibition game.

Rose plans to reach out to George during the NBA regular season.

“You wish that on no one,” Rose said. “The only thing we can do is pray for him. During the season, when everything is still going, I'm going to try to hit him up as much as possible and just let him know I'm thinking about him.”

Rose is confident about his own status heading into Day 2 of Team USA's camp in Chicago.

"I have no fears, I have faith,” Rose said. “I know that I'm going to be fine. I know that I busted my ass the entire two summers — you can say two seasons — to get back to where I am right now. Just try to keep it moving, stay positive every day, do everything consistent like I've been doing.

“I think everything will go my way.”

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Re: Derrick Rose Plans To Reach Out To Paul George During Se 

Post#2 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 am

Why would George want pity from this guy. A couple good practices and rose thinks its 2010 again. Somebody buy this man a calendar.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#3 » by Thorn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:46 am

I can not stand Chicago, naturally right? I am a Knick fan, and a New Yorker... but that having been said I really do help Rose is able to remain healthy and his knees hold out. I wish injury and ill fortune on no man, and Rose is far too talented a man not to be in the NBA due to injuries.

Good luck Bulls fans, and Derrick Rose... just not against the Knicks.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#4 » by grumpwalter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:03 pm

I expect the league to fine the Bulls for tampering if he is trying to lure Paul George to the Bulls.
Pryftan
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#5 » by Pryftan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 pm

grumpwalter wrote:I expect the league to fine the Bulls for tampering if he is trying to lure Paul George to the Bulls.

Rose will likely just hire someone to send George supportive texts. He's got a history of hiring people to do things for him.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:34 pm

grumpwalter wrote:I expect the league to fine the Bulls for tampering if he is trying to lure Paul George to the Bulls.

Is he luring him in or simply giving him support since he went through 2 horrible seasons plagued with injury? Get the lawyers involved...read that fine-print...NO TALKING TO EACH OTHER DURING THE SEASON.PERIOD. jeeeeezzz, not like he pulled of a Drake :lol:

Who knows how many convos these guys have privately: both recruiting and just general discussions...not the end of the world.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#7 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Tell me when something happens. I want to see what choice of emoticons Rose plans to use.
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#8 » by TONYROMOHOF » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Thats great

Nobody knows how to return to the court in a timely fashion like rose

Guy wont even make it through 20 games this year bulls arent doin **** this year

Broken pau gasol the missing piece
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:32 pm

You're all quick to give Rose ****, jeez, but this article isn't even about him. He's just trying to do something nice for a fellow All-Star who will likely have to go through a similar rehab process as he did. Lighten up guys.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
nimit
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#10 » by nimit » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Jeez, so much hate these days... The guy had two unfortunate injuries that kept him out.

Hope he stays healthy, and comes back strong.
Boardwalker
Junior
And1: 379

Post#11 » by Boardwalker » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

TONYROMOHOF wrote:Broken pau gasol the missing piece

Crap, this is the first I've heard about this. What happened to Gasol? Has he injured himself during world cup play? The Bulls are going to need his 17.35 ppg / 9.67 rpg / 3.35 apg / 1.53 bpg this season!
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#12 » by my2bits » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 pm

I like Derrick Rose. He seems like a good guy. Oh yeah, he's really talented. Everyone gets injured. It's part of the game. Don't believe it? Just wait until Lebron blows out his knees. Trust me he's due for a real injury. Losing weight will help but it's the high wire act that's gonna get him. Then we'll see how a king rehabs.
2thehoopand1
Starter

Post#13 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Donnyxc wrote:You're all quick to give Rose ****, jeez, but this article isn't even about him. He's just trying to do something nice for a fellow All-Star who will likely have to go through a similar rehab process as he did. Lighten up guys.

Ha ! fellow all-star. Rose hasn't been in the all-star game let alone any game in the past two seasons. Can you say role player?
2thehoopand1
Starter

Post#14 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:27 pm

nimit wrote:Jeez, so much hate these days... The guy had two unfortunate injuries that kept him out.

Hope he stays healthy, and comes back strong.

It isn't hate its doubt. I'm not sure he can handle the everyday NBA grind. I'm sure others in this thread feel the same.
2thehoopand1
Starter

Post#15 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:29 pm

my2bits wrote:I like Derrick Rose. He seems like a good guy. Oh yeah, he's really talented. Everyone gets injured. It's part of the game. Don't believe it? Just wait until Lebron blows out his knees. Trust me he's due for a real injury. Losing weight will help but it's the high wire act that's gonna get him. Then we'll see how a king rehabs.

Sounds more like your hoping for Bron to get hurt to me. FyI many players go their whole career without major injuries.
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#16 » by Ring_Me » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm

my2bits wrote:I like Derrick Rose. He seems like a good guy. Oh yeah, he's really talented. Everyone gets injured. It's part of the game. Don't believe it? Just wait until Lebron blows out his knees. Trust me he's due for a real injury. Losing weight will help but it's the high wire act that's gonna get him. Then we'll see how a king rehabs.

LeBron is pretty durable. I doubt losing weight will make him prone to injuries.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#17 » by Cottage Grove » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 pm

It's always good to hear when someone cares about you while you're down and out. Maybe George did the same for Rose. Nobody wants to see a rival get seriously injured. You want to beat someone at their best so there's no excuses.

:vent: People really need to stop hating on Rose.
You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETtxGScVlY
TheBallDoLie
Junior

Post#18 » by TheBallDoLie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Rose is just an easy target. Fans need someone to pick on and be negative about. No matter what he does certain fans will get on him til he proves he can stay healthy. It's silly and sophomoric but the reality of the situation.
nimit
Sophomore

Post#19 » by nimit » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:31 pm

2thehoopand1 wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:You're all quick to give Rose ****, jeez, but this article isn't even about him. He's just trying to do something nice for a fellow All-Star who will likely have to go through a similar rehab process as he did. Lighten up guys.

Ha ! fellow all-star. Rose hasn't been in the all-star game let alone any game in the past two seasons. Can you say role player?

Can you say, starter for the USA squad after playing 10 games in two seasons?

He will adjust his game, and play with more pace. He will be in the conversation for best PG in the future, just needs to brush off the rust.

He is a good guy, and has put in his share of work in rehab... if he get's injured again... I think my head will explode.
2thehoopand1
Starter

Post#20 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:45 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:Rose is just an easy target. Fans need someone to pick on and be negative about. No matter what he does certain fans will get on him til he proves he can stay healthy. It's silly and sophomoric but the reality of the situation.

Still with the kid gloves with this guy. I seen people on realgm figuratively tear apart other players who did more when healthy and had more potential. It's a slap in the face to rest of the league to try to stick any player who hasn't faced NBA competition for two seasons at or around the top of the NBA. Talent has gotten better around the league specially at Rose's position. I'm not saying the guy not talented I just want to see him go through at least month or two of the regular season before you guys go crowning him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion