Report: Rondo Told Celtics He 'Wants Out'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Report: Rondo Told Celtics He 'Wants Out' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:42 pm

Rajon Rondo has informed the Boston Celtics that he "wants out," according to a report.

Rondo has indicated that he will not re-sign with the Celtics in 2015 and that he would not re-sign with the Sacramento Kings, who have been linked to the point guard, either.

Via Jackie MacMullan/ESPN

kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: Report: Rondo Told Celtics He 'Wants Out' 

Post#2 » by kobe48306 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Rondo at PG with Durant is OKC's only chance of winning NBA championship.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#3 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Rondo to LAL for Lin, Clarkson, future 1st.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#4 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 pm

kobe48306 wrote:Rondo at PG with Durant is OKC's only chance of winning NBA championship.

I'd actually like to see this. Rondo AND Durant have beefs with LeBron and the Cavs, so it would be even more exciting to see them as a Finals matchup.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#5 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Rondo obviously looked at Boston's roster for the first time this weekend.. Should be interesting to see where he goes.. Point guard is not a need for most teams.. Lakers? Knicks? Houston?
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Does Houston have the pieces to move for him or is it over for their off-season? I wonder if he would ever join Miami in his quest to take down LeBron now that he went back to Cle
rpn123321
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#7 » by rpn123321 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Not surprised at all. Celtics did absolutely nothing this off season to improve their team.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:15 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
kobe48306 wrote:Rondo at PG with Durant is OKC's only chance of winning NBA championship.

I'd actually like to see this. Rondo AND Durant have beefs with LeBron and the Cavs, so it would be even more exciting to see them as a Finals matchup.

and when you get Spurs/Chicago it's all "awww"
justrob7
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#9 » by justrob7 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:

CHI/SA would be a gritty Finals matchup, love to see that
tayottt
Junior
And1: 275

Post#10 » by tayottt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 pm

The best trade that comes to mind would be Rondo/Gerald Wallace for Greg Monroe/Brandon Jennings.

Celtics need a legitimate big man and the Pistons need a guard that can create for Drummond/Meeks/KCP. It also doesn't hurt that Rondo's friend Josh Smith is on the Pistons.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:43 pm

justrob7 wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:

CHI/SA would be a gritty Finals matchup, love to see that

I wouldn't complain.
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,953

Post#12 » by playoffs » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:45 pm

"According to a report"... I call BS on this until they cite a credible source. Every week there is a different rumor about Rondo getting traded or wanting out and nothing ever happens. I would be shocked if Rondo doesn't re-sign with the Celtics in 2015.
RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,484

Post#13 » by RondoToKG » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Jackie McMullen reporting

I will always bring up how she constantly said KG was retiring before coming back for 2 more years with the C's. I mean, she was bringing up every game, every time she could speak.

I take this with a grain of salt although if it IS true, I would not be surprised.
jps78
Junior
And1: 183

Post#14 » by jps78 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:29 pm

tayottt wrote:The best trade that comes to mind would be Rondo/Gerald Wallace for Greg Monroe/Brandon Jennings.

Celtics need a legitimate big man and the Pistons need a guard that can create for Drummond/Meeks/KCP. It also doesn't hurt that Rondo's friend Josh Smith is on the Pistons.

Get the feeling that the last thing the pistons need is someone who is not an outside shooter with that roster at PG. Not saying Jennings is amazing or anything like that but they need floor space badly.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,718

Post#15 » by slicedbread2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Sadly for Boston, it may be a somewhat limited market.

Ainge almost hustled the Kings last year until Rondo burst the bubble and flat out said I ain't resigning. There's only a couple of places he could realistically go to:

New York: The assets are barren there and any trade would have to start with Tim Hardaway Jr. Other than that, they have very limited assets at their disposal and the fact that both are division rivals would make Ainge want to look elsewhere for the time being.

LA Lakers: Knowing Jim Buss, he'd probably want a win now piece and the Lakers could send Lin, the Rockets' first rounder and whatever else they have and Ainge would reject it. Their limited assets and limited ceiling would probably be a turn off for Rondo.

Dallas: Good landing spot as they have a competitive team that crippled the Rockets and stole Parsons away. They have the salary to match and Cuban wouldn't be afraid of rolling the dice since Rondo would be one of those coveted assets he's been trying to get his hands on. He'd be the perfect point guard for Carlisle's system. The problem is they don't have a centrepiece that would make Ainge want to move him unless Ainge is willing to eat expiring deals and get a boatload of picks which Dallas currently has.

Other than these teams where he'd be a good fit, that's really all I got.
frickenWaaaltah
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#16 » by frickenWaaaltah » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Absolutely nothing new about this. Nobody likes losing.

C's will find a way to upgrade next summer or probably have to either sign and trade him or let him walk.
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#17 » by esperanzafleet » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

monroe for rondo? that way he's back chucking up bricks with josh smith
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#18 » by thegreenlife » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Wyc did promise fireworks, but not fireworks of this kind...

This may be a pipe dream, but how bout Rondo and the Clippers first rounder for Westbrook and Mitch McGary? If Ainge could pull that off, he wins executive of the year. OKC does it because they get the best passer in the game and Boston does it because we get prospective C and one of the most, if not the most explosive guards in the game.

I also like the trade possibility with the Pistons, Rondo/Wallace for Jennings/Monroe

I just don't Ainge to let him walk next summer when we could have gotten at the very least another first rounder
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#19 » by Ring_Me » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 pm

I'd like to see Rondo on the Knicks. Might not happen but I wanna see a facilitator in the point with Carmelo Anthony.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#20 » by Rhythm043 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:46 pm

Of course he wants out. Its not as easy anymore without PP KG and Ray. Everyone wants it easy.
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014

Return to Wiretap Discussion