James McAdoo Signs One-Year Deal With Warriors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James McAdoo Signs One-Year Deal With Warriors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:42 pm

James Michael McAdoo has signed a one-year deal with the Golden State Warriors, according to his agent Jim Tanner.

McAdoo averaged 9 points and 5.4 rebounds for the Warriors in the NBA Summer League.

McAdoo went undrafted after three seasons at North Carolina.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: James McAdoo Signs One-Year Deal With Warriors 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:46 pm

Wasn't he prospected to be a good first round pick prior to entering the draft? What happened?
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#3 » by hoopnharm » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:48 pm

he didnt
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#4 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:56 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Wasn't he prospected to be a good first round pick prior to entering the draft? What happened?

He isn't that good is what happened.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#5 » by Forte IV » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:07 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Wasn't he prospected to be a good first round pick prior to entering the draft? What happened?

He was better off just coming out his freshman season. He would have at least been a first rounder based on potential alone. But after time went on people saw he wasn't that good at all.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#6 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:41 pm

WHY?????!!!!! This guy sucks monkey balls!!! I hope this is a camp deal because there's guys like Elton Brand and even Emeka Okafor that's worth a roster spot over this scrub.
jabberwoky
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by jabberwoky » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:50 pm

I remember many of the 2011 high school prospects were very very highly regarded, heads like James McAdoo and also LeBryan Nash, Adonis Thomas, Myck Kabongo, Marquis Teague, Austin Rivers....
If Im not mistaken it seems like the only players to really emerge from the 2011 group were Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal, and MCW although Kidd-Gilchrist had a great college career and maybe could, hopefully, develop a reliable jump shot and make some noise as a versatile player, and maybe Kentavious Caldwell Pope can become consistent and become solid as well, who knows.
Austen Rivers came out of Duke after 1 year just on hype alone, and he is struggling a bit it seems...if McAdoo came out after his freshman year I also think he would've been drafted in the 1st round on potential alone, and LeBryan Nash maybe the same - he was supposed to be the next Metta World Peace, or Panda Friend or Ron Artest....
Best of luck to McAdoo though, hope he succeeds...maybe Roy Williams is not the best at developing talent?
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#8 » by Fresh360Waves » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:56 pm

Played well in summer league.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#9 » by NashtyNas » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:10 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:WHY?????!!!!! This guy sucks monkey balls!!! I hope this is a camp deal because there's guys like Elton Brand and even Emeka Okafor that's worth a roster spot over this scrub.

This is a bit of over exaggeration. Neither of those guys can give any minutes.
McAdoo gives effort and can rebound, which is really all you need in a 3rd string big.
He will be fine, and I think he can carve out a career like Turiaf did.
He's a hard worker and has physical tools, he's just not very skilled (like at all).
A good 3rd string garbage big that can maybe be your dependable 4th big.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#10 » by ybnd » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:09 am

fits in well can stretch the floor at the 4 a bit
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#11 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:22 am

ybnd wrote:fits in well can stretch the floor at the 4 a bit

You are so off my kind sir.

RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#12 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:29 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:Played well in summer league.

You are just as far off my kind sir.

James McAdoo Summer League Stats:
41.5% from the field, 40.7% from the FT line, averaged 4 turnovers per game, 5.4 rebounds, 1.2 blocks, and 9 points in 29 minutes per game out of the 5 total games.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#13 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:34 am

I_Socrates wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:WHY?????!!!!! This guy sucks monkey balls!!! I hope this is a camp deal because there's guys like Elton Brand and even Emeka Okafor that's worth a roster spot over this scrub.

This is a bit of over exaggeration. Neither of those guys can give any minutes.
McAdoo gives effort and can rebound, which is really all you need in a 3rd string big.
He will be fine, and I think he can carve out a career like Turiaf did.
He's a hard worker and has physical tools, he's just not very skilled (like at all).
A good 3rd string garbage big that can maybe be your dependable 4th big.

Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, David Lee, Draymond Green, Marreese Speights, and MAYBE even Ognjen Kuzmic has show enough not to lose their spot to James McAdoo. McAdoo would not be our dependable 4th big or even the 6th big. Look at the posts I just posted above this.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#14 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:37 am

SuperNova854 wrote:

He was better off just coming out his freshman season. He would have at least been a first rounder based on potential alone. But after time went on people saw he wasn't that good at all.

Thank you!

His daddy was even upset at Roy Williams for not giving his boy enough minutes during his freshmen year. Well, we all happened to see why :lol:
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#15 » by miltk » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:31 pm

he's just one of a spate of ballz out disappointments over at unc. i don't know what's happening there, but williams has no filter, apparently. mcadoo, davis, zeller, ellington, henson, barnes,...these guys were all TOP5
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#16 » by hoopnharm » Wed Sep 3, 2014 11:13 pm

oh yeah this dude also bricked 2 FT's that would have either tied or iced (I don't remember) the first "playoff" game during summer league

Return to Wiretap Discussion