Knicks Hire Assistant Coach With Close Ties To Kevin Durant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Hire Assistant Coach With Close Ties To Kevin Durant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:22 pm

The New York Knicks hired Brian Keefe on Tuesday as an assistant coach.

A source says Keefe is very close with Kevin Durant, who will become a free agent in 2016.

Keefe spent seven seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder, the first two as a developmental coach before being promoted to assistant coach.

“He’s Durant’s guy,’’ the league source said.

During last season, Durant noted Keefe had put him in his place regarding body language and attitude.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: Knicks Hire Assistant Coach With Close Ties To Kevin Dur 

Post#2 » by Wo1verine » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:50 pm

OKC, WAS or maybe Drake's Raptors.

NYK have no chance.
BrunoSkull
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#3 » by Imon » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:54 pm

Durant is creating jobs all around the league.

Every team is going to want a piece of someone connected to Durant in some way. Soon Durant's barber will be hired by some team, his high school math teacher, his car mechanic, his dog walker, his tailor ...
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#4 » by Chris3323 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:56 pm

so basically this will be the story until hes a Free Agent.
You wanted to be LeBron KD, now you will see whats its like come next season
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:07 pm

Wo1verine wrote:OKC, WAS or maybe Drake's Raptors.

NYK have no chance.

Why would KD want to play with melo especially infront of the gutless new york media that will rip him to shreds if the team wasn't near the top of the standings or advancing deep into the playoffs. KD and melo have similar games but durant is a much better defender with longer arms. You can argue that melo is a slightly more efficient scorer than durant and maybe better in clutch situations as well but the difference isn't significant. Durant is an elite passer and melo is a ball hog lol. Durant is a leader while melo just loves seeking attention. I could see durant consider brooklyn nets though if they can free the cap space to attract another top tier free agent alongside him. I think Nets will have a lot of cap space once the williams, johnson and garnett deals are off their books.
minimalist1972
Senior
And1: 167

Post#6 » by minimalist1972 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:28 pm

We can trade Melo for him after next season. I'd be into that. Maybe pick up Harden too. That'd be schweeet!
DIRK DIKEMBE IS THE CEILING!
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#7 » by Marty McFly » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:39 pm

Imon wrote:Durant is creating jobs all around the league.

Every team is going to want a piece of someone connected to Durant in some way. Soon Durant's barber will be hired by some team, his high school math teacher, his car mechanic, his dog walker, his tailor ...

durant, you the real POTUS.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#8 » by Marty McFly » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:40 pm

Sam195 wrote:

NYK have no chance.

Why would KD want to play with melo especially infront of the gutless new york media that will rip him to shreds if the team wasn't near the top of the standings or advancing deep into the playoffs. KD and melo have similar games but durant is a much better defender with longer arms. You can argue that melo is a slightly more efficient scorer than durant and maybe better in clutch situations as well but the difference isn't significant. Durant is an elite passer and melo is a ball hog lol. Durant is a leader while melo just loves seeking attention. I could see durant consider brooklyn nets though if they can free the cap space to attract another top tier free agent alongside him. I think Nets will have a lot of cap space once the williams, johnson and garnett deals are off their books.

:lol: :lol:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#9 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:09 pm

Plan the parade Knicks fans!
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#10 » by miltk » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:19 pm

HAHAHAHA....GREAT PLAN

"well kd, we can't offer you a better team, we can't come close to promising you a ring, you don't need our money, you're not into the glamour of big city lights, but maybe you'll like that we hired your good buddy."
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#11 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:27 pm

Sam195 wrote:

NYK have no chance.

why would durant consider nets?
their management sucks. no draft picks for future. they have UNTRADEABLE max contracted guys like d-will/jj/b.lopez. they all overpaid or have too much injury issues.
at 2016 i dont think nets have enough assets to attract durant.

if he'll join the knicks ; at least he'll get paid by knicks+big endorsment market provided by nyc and the knicks franchise.
also having melo and PMFJ attractive to get someone at his caliber.

in 2015 free agency knicks would target marc gasol. if we cant acquire him we may have chance at 2016 with durant. also with melo+m.gasol we would have slight chance in 2016 free agency because of cap space would increased and we may let go calderon-shumpert like guys who holds significant cap at salary.

i think durant will stay.
he also can go wizards or maybe lakers.
knicks would be underdog. but i dont give any chance to nets. nets can only acquire guys like j.smith-jj.
Mystereevan
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Mystereevan » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:43 pm

KD isn't going anywhere without good reason. If OKC doesn't make it to the finals this year, you can expect him to test out free agency where he will either stay in OKC, go to his hometown team (Washington) or end up with his buddy Harden in Houston (close to wear he also went to school).
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#13 » by twix2500 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:19 pm

I really hate non news like this, but there will be people who actually believes this has any influence on Durnat. :banghead:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#14 » by mtcan » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:53 pm

Toronto Raptors on the verge of hiring KD's mom to captain the Raptors Dance Pak.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#15 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Sep 5, 2014 12:20 am

Maybe Durant should be running for President after his basketball career since he can create all these jobs?
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#16 » by LaRance » Fri Sep 5, 2014 12:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahahahahahaha that was a good 1. that made my day, thnx
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#17 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:58 am

Phil is the best there has ever been at getting into players heads. This is a great hire by the Zen Master. Solid Assistant coach who will pitch to Durant when the time comes.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Post#18 » by Vincent_Askew » Fri Sep 5, 2014 5:55 am

Sam195 wrote:

NYK have no chance.

Yeah, um, can you please go ahead and tell us how "you can argue" that?

I'm really curious.
Vincent_Askew
Banned User
And1: 247

Post#19 » by Vincent_Askew » Fri Sep 5, 2014 6:00 am

NYK have no chance.

The Raptors fans were always my favorite on this site, for their humor and light-heartedness. But now that it's clear that majority of you really actually believe you have a chance at KD, I can't take you people seriously.

You can't possibly be that delusional. You can't honestly believe that when KD is sitting down with his family in 2016 deciding what to do that Aubrey Graham is gonna be a factor in his decision making....can you? Tell me you're not that much of a silly goose.

NO ONE who is a franchise top-tier superstar is EVER coming to Toronto when they have a say in where to go.

KD either resigns in OKC, goes to Washington, NYK or Lakers in 2016.

There are no other options on the table.

LOL @ Raptor fans.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#20 » by TrueStoryGSW » Fri Sep 5, 2014 10:07 am

This a joke

Return to Wiretap Discussion