College Prepared Krzyzewski For Single Elimination International Tournaments

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

College Prepared Krzyzewski For Single Elimination International Tournaments 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Mike Krzyzewski believes his experience as a college coach in which the NCAA tournament is a single-game elimination format is a strong attribute for his job as head coach of the United States.

"We know that we're watched closer than anybody," Krzyzewski said. "And I'm the most prepared [coach] to do that, because we've been closely scrutinized for at least 25 years in college basketball. Actually it helps that I'm coming from that environment. 

"Another thing I think that helps when we're in these competitions is that one-and-done is what we live all the time, whether it's an ACC tournament or an NCAA tournament. I've been in 150 to 200 one-and-done games." 

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

BeckP
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: College Prepared Krzyzewski For Single Elimination Inter 

Post#2 » by BeckP » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 pm

LOL, it prepared him? :roll: You mean loosing to Lehigh and Mercer prepared him for the FIBA Tournament? Thanks goodness they didn't run into powers like Mercer and Lehigh!!! :lol:
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,858

Post#3 » by nikster » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:17 pm

BeckP wrote:LOL, it prepared him? :roll: You mean loosing to Lehigh and Mercer prepared him for the FIBA Tournament? Thanks goodness they didn't run into powers like Mercer and Lehigh!!! :lol:

yup, because his entire college career can be summed up by losses to Lehigh and Mercer
Freshtolife
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Freshtolife » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 pm

BeckP wrote:LOL, it prepared him? :roll: You mean loosing to Lehigh and Mercer prepared him for the FIBA Tournament? Thanks goodness they didn't run into powers like Mercer and Lehigh!!! :lol:

So if he was in 200 one and done games and those were the 2 bad losses you can think of, i think he did pretty good in the other 198 games right?
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#5 » by TONYROMOHOF » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:53 pm

His nba all star team prepared him

Mike brown couldve won gold at this fiba

Return to Wiretap Discussion