Jimmy Butler, Bulls Moving In Right Direction On Extension Talks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jimmy Butler, Bulls Moving In Right Direction On Extension Talks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 1, 2014 3:00 am

Jimmy Butler's representatives and the Chicago Bulls have started discussions on a possible contract extension.

"I want to be here," Butler said. "I think the Bulls want me here. So however long it takes, as long as we get it worked out. Basketball is my main focus, not really the contract situation."

Butler would become a restricted free agent next offseason if a new deal is not reached.

"They definitely are [working on it]," he said. "I think we're really good right now, moving in the right direction. But that's between them. I just got to be with my teammates and whatever I do between myself and that basket will handle that a lot easier.

"I don't really think about it too much," he said. "I grew up without money. I think I'll be all right for a couple more days. I just play basketball. That's what I know. And if you play basketball the right way, the contract situation will handle itself."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Re: Jimmy Butler, Bulls Moving In Right Direction On Extensi 

Post#2 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Oct 1, 2014 9:07 am

I'm thinking 3/27 or 4/36 aka Lance Stephenson's money.
Hector_Reyes_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#3 » by Hector_Reyes_8 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 3:33 pm

Anthing above 35 mil with less than 5 years is too much. 5/40 mill is good, and so would be 5/35. As long as it's between there it'll be a good signing for both the Bulls and Butler's camp. He's best in the Bulls system and if he keeps working on his 3 he'll be better.... A tough 3 and D guy is around his floor.
On Harden being MVP of this season ( I don't even like Harden much)

Kawhi M8 wrote:He will be the biggest joke of an MVP to ever win.
Ever.
Absolute spud of a bloke and **** traits as a player, basically tarnish the MVP forever
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#4 » by Freefloater » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:02 pm

Watchout Bulls! Morey is watching you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#5 » by TrueStoryGSW » Wed Oct 1, 2014 6:26 pm

Freefloater wrote:Watchout Bulls! Morey is watching you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, but..... Trevor Ariza
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,364

Post#6 » by WiggOuts » Wed Oct 1, 2014 9:19 pm

MAX
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#7 » by dballislife » Wed Oct 1, 2014 10:58 pm

this is a mid level player imo...ya he puts a lot of effort on D, but when u shoot 39% from field and 29% from 3 and dont pass or create well for others, u darn better well play good defense...i wont pay him more than 7mill to play on my team
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#8 » by Sam195 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 11:44 pm

I bet he signs the identical extension that taj gibson got 4 years 33M but instead of incentives to increase the value of the contract - Jimmy gets a player option after 3 years so he can cash in when he is likely a much better player and the nba cap is higher. I don't see the bulls offering butler more than what taj gibson signed for - bulls offered luol deng only 3 years 30M (he rejected) and he is a much better player than butler is right now.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#9 » by GaaBaaBoo » Thu Oct 2, 2014 2:45 am

TrueStoryGSW wrote:I'm thinking 3/27 or 4/36 aka Lance Stephenson's money.

I exactly agree
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#10 » by HotelVitale » Thu Oct 2, 2014 3:46 am

Hector_Reyes_8 wrote: A tough 3 and D guy is around his floor.

How is his floor higher than where he's at right now?

His floor would seem to be a good defensive wing who can't shoot well enough to be a positive effect on offense. He could be better of course...but that's how this whole floor/ceiling thing works.
Hector_Reyes_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#11 » by Hector_Reyes_8 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:24 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Hector_Reyes_8 wrote: A tough 3 and D guy is around his floor.

How is his floor higher than where he's at right now?

His floor would seem to be a good defensive wing who can't shoot well enough to be a positive effect on offense. He could be better of course...but that's how this whole floor/ceiling thing works.

He's never played with healthy Rose. If he does, he's a 3 & D guy already. I get you though
On Harden being MVP of this season ( I don't even like Harden much)

Kawhi M8 wrote:He will be the biggest joke of an MVP to ever win.
Ever.
Absolute spud of a bloke and **** traits as a player, basically tarnish the MVP forever
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#12 » by EvanZ » Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:19 am

He shot 28% on 3's last season on a much bigger sample than his second year. He's more like a 2.5 & D player.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#13 » by Freefloater » Thu Oct 2, 2014 8:16 am

TrueStoryGSW wrote:
Freefloater wrote:Watchout Bulls! Morey is watching you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, but..... Trevor Ariza

hahah he could flip ariza in blink of an eye for some other asset i am sure.... :lol:
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
masgi
Junior
And1: 416

Post#14 » by masgi » Thu Oct 2, 2014 11:27 am

Butler is going to get 10 mil a season almost guaranteed. I'd say the Chicago gives him 4 yrs /40 mil. No way he accepts less. He was All D 2nd Team last year, and while he shot like crap from deep, it's one of the easier things to improve as a basketball player. He'll be getting a TON more open looks with Rose back and Gasol passing out of the post. He has all of the physical tools to be a great player in the league, and would likely get 12+m per year on the open market. Bulls won't let him walk considering they're over the cap already. They may even give him the "Hinrich Special" and front load the deal while they're already over the cap for the foreseeable future, giving the team a bit more flexibility towards the end of the deal.

Return to Wiretap Discussion