Josh Smith: Kenneth Faried Is 'A Clown'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Josh Smith: Kenneth Faried Is 'A Clown' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Josh Smith had strong words for Kenneth Faried to Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News on Thursday.

Smith was responding to a quote from Faried in which he said that Smith "shot them out of the game."

The Denver Nuggets defeated the Detroit Pistons by a final score of 89-79. Smith scored 25 points on 9-for-22 shooting.

"He's a clown, quote me on that," said Smith.

"He fears me. He's scared of me. He knows it's coming."

Via Vincent Goodwill/Detroit News

WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Re: Josh Smith: Kenneth Faried Is 'A Clown' 

Post#2 » by WhatsaTDot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 pm

If by "it's" Josh means brick, then yes we all know it's coming.

This place is insufferable.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#3 » by miltk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:00 am

if the phrase "it takes one to know one" ever had veracity, it would be this.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#4 » by rocketsballin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:13 am

maybe he should stop being an idiot by not shooting threes from now on since he's a TERRIBLE shooter PERIOD! stick to close shots, dunks and layups. no coincidence he had a career worst fg% when he jacked up all those threes. cmon josh, you're better than this
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#5 » by WhatsaTDot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am

miltk wrote:if the phrase "it takes one to know one" ever had veracity, it would be this.

lol wut?

Josh Smith takes twice as many shots per game and at an appalling completion rate. Faried on the other hand is much more conservative in his approach and converts at better than 55% for his career; a rate Josh Smith has not once achieved in any of his 10 season in the NBA.

This place is insufferable.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,494

Post#6 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:53 am

Actually loving all this bad blood boiling in the league this year. Kobe and Dwight on Tuesday night now this. Maybe we'll see some more tomorrow when the Cavs and Bulls meet.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#7 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 am

Old man Kobe took 25 shots in 28 minutes. He has been shooting his team out of games and wins for years. Just to get records. After all that is all Kobe is playing for now is records. He can care less about winning, or making his teammates better. It is all about records, and he is getting paid a ridiculous amount.

But Faried has words for a guy that shot 22 shots? and still made 9 of them?
Why cant Faired just credit his own team for playing good defense.

I agree , he is a clown.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#8 » by southern wolf » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 am

The only clown here is Smith. Faried fears you after you bricked jumpshots as usual and got beaten by 10? Please.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#9 » by Workforce250 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:23 am

WhatsaTDot wrote:
miltk wrote:if the phrase "it takes one to know one" ever had veracity, it would be this.

lol wut?

Josh Smith takes twice as many shots per game and at an appalling completion rate. Faried on the other hand is much more conservative in his approach and converts at better than 55% for his career; a rate Josh Smith has not once achieved in any of his 10 season in the NBA.

At the same time, Faried should show sportsmanship and handle his current publicity with more professionalism.
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#10 » by kobe48306 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:37 am

Oh Josh, no one in the NBA fears you. He spoke the truth. You can't handle the truth. Keep shooting 3's & taking jump shots. What the hell, your team sucks & you are one of the main reasons why.
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#11 » by kobe48306 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:40 am

No, Josh Smith is the clown. As Smokey Robinson might sing in Motown, Josh you have the "tears of a clown."
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#12 » by rocketsballin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 am

he almost did it. till the end of the game he didnt shoot any threes. then ends up shooting two of them, no makes. :banghead:
AngryPistonsGuy
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#13 » by AngryPistonsGuy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 am

Josh talks all that trash, than proceeds to shoot like butt all game tonight. Smooth.
KobeKenobi wrote:We can just package Nash with rising star Marshall. Marshall is basically Jeremy Lin on steroids. That way we keep Randle. Think about it:

Lebron
Kobe
Gasol
Melo
Randle
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#14 » by tugs » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:52 am

shut up Kenneth. Josh helped you get a double-double.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#15 » by thegreenlife » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 am

wizfactor94 wrote:Old man Kobe took 25 shots in 28 minutes. He has been shooting his team out of games and wins for years. Just to get records. After all that is all Kobe is playing for now is records. He can care less about winning, or making his teammates better. It is all about records, and he is getting paid a ridiculous amount.

I agree , he is a clown.

Considering the Laker's current situation, it would be justified that Kobe try to score as many points as possible for a couple of reasons. 1-He's the heart and soul of the team, he's the reason why so many people watch the Lakers play in the first place, which leads me to 2-The new TWC deal. The more people that watch, the more ratings that they'll get, which means more money.

And Faried can't credit his team for playing good defense if Josh Smith has historically been a terrible shooter
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#16 » by BallerTalk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:59 am

Workforce250 wrote:At the same time, Faried should show sportsmanship and handle his current publicity with more professionalism.

That's what I took away from this whole exchange. We all know that J Smoov has the worst shot selection in the league, but Faried should know that you never go after an opposing player personally in a post game interview. It comes across as a little tactless.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#17 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:15 am

Pot meet kettle.
masgi
Junior
And1: 416

Post#18 » by masgi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 am

AngryPistonsGuy wrote:Josh talks all that trash, than proceeds to shoot like butt all game tonight. Smooth.

*Smoove
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#19 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 am

thegreenlife wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:Old man Kobe took 25 shots in 28 minutes. He has been shooting his team out of games and wins for years. Just to get records. After all that is all Kobe is playing for now is records. He can care less about winning, or making his teammates better. It is all about records, and he is getting paid a ridiculous amount.

I agree , he is a clown.

Considering the Laker's current situation, it would be justified that Kobe try to score as many points as possible for a couple of reasons. 1-He's the heart and soul of the team, he's the reason why so many people watch the Lakers play in the first place, which leads me to 2-The new TWC deal. The more people that watch, the more ratings that they'll get, which means more money.

And Faried can't credit his team for playing good defense if Josh Smith has historically been a terrible shooter

Nothing you said here is logical.

The Laker's current situation is because Kobe demanded to get paid an outrageous amount. As I said he can care less, because all he cares about is himself right now.

No matter what Faried has to be professional. He was not.
thegreenlife
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#20 » by thegreenlife » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 am

wizfactor94 wrote:
thegreenlife wrote:

I agree , he is a clown.

Nothing you said here is logical.

The Laker's current situation is because Kobe demanded to get paid an outrageous amount. As I said he can care less, because all he cares about is himself right now.

No matter what Faried has to be professional. He was not.

Not logical to you because you obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Kobe playing = more people watching TWC = more money. AND the Lakers are going to suck this year anyways with Nash and Randle out for the season, so what's stopping Kobe from chucking?

Laker's current situation is because Kobe demanded to get paid? If you follow basketball at all, then you would know that Kobe didn't demand anything, Kupchak came to him with the deal and Kobe just signed. Kobe only cares about himself? Then tell me why he said that he's training with Wesley Johnson, trying to help him improve, or took Randle under his wing? Well since you're Kobe's teammate and all, I guess you would know that Kobe is a selfish man.

Only thing that I agree with you on is that Faried was unprofessional.

Return to Wiretap Discussion