Reggie Jackson Determined To Find Starting Job In Restricted Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Reggie Jackson Determined To Find Starting Job In Restricted Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 1, 2014 3:06 am

Reggie Jackson is determined to pursue restricted free agency in search of a starting job next offseason.

Jackson and the Oklahoma City Thunder were unable to agree upon a contract extension.

Jackson is eager to prove his value out of the shadow of Russell Westbrook.

Jackson could be a target in restricted free agency that rival teams can pry from the Thunder.

“Bottom line,” one NBA general manager told Yahoo Sports, “how much are they willing to pay for Westbrook’s backup?”

Some teams believe Jackson could command a deal in the $13 million-$14 million-plus annual range.

Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka and Russell Westbrook are on the books to make nearly $50 million next season.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Re: Reggie Jackson Determined To Find Starting Job In Restri 

Post#2 » by Rashidi » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:31 am

If a team wants to sign Reggie Jackson for 13-14 million god bless them.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#3 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:28 am

How many teams need a starting PG? How many are ready, willing and able to drop a near-max deal for one? 6 by my count:

DAL - They tossed star money at a WC foe's roleplayer this summer. Will they do so again? With so many decent veteran PG options already signed through 2016, I'd doubt it.

DET - They could use a table-setter, but does RJ put them in the playoffs? No.

HOU - Great fit, although IMO they would be wiser keeping Beverly @ $4mil/yr.

LAL - Desperate for a building block, his game would mesh with Kobe in his twilight.

NYK - They need a lead guard, and will have the cash to blow. Does Jose's pesky contract get in the way?

SAC - Reggie and Isaiah are different players, but I don't see them dropping 14 on Jackson if they wouldn't pay IT $7mil.

Welcome to LaLaLand, Reggie!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
mollysand
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#4 » by mollysand » Sat Nov 1, 2014 6:38 am

He's a 24 year old who was a late first rounder that peak season was 13/4 on 28mpg, how the hell would he command 13-14m? Here I'm thinking like 6-7m.

With these ridiculous deals going down, I regret my lack of interest in basketball growing up.

This scares me with Dion Waiters extension coming up.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#5 » by jlokine » Sat Nov 1, 2014 2:14 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:How many teams need a starting PG? How many are ready, willing and able to drop a near-max deal for one? 6 by my count:

DAL - They tossed star money at a WC foe's roleplayer this summer. Will they do so again? With so many decent veteran PG options already signed through 2016, I'd doubt it.

LAL - Desperate for a building block, his game would mesh with Kobe in his twilight.

NYK - They need a lead guard, and will have the cash to blow. Does Jose's pesky contract get in the way?

SAC - Reggie and Isaiah are different players, but I don't see them dropping 14 on Jackson if they wouldn't pay IT $7mil.

or celtics could trade rondo for assets and sign this guy.. really dont think rondo wants to stick around a rebuilding team.. unless danny ainge works all those first rounders they have..
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#6 » by Joest2003 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:13 pm

Bout a week agooooooo
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:14 pm

^ Even IF the Celtics trade Rondo and don't get back a young PG, they still have Marcus Smart, and Avery Bradley, who's a combo guard. I don't see them hunting for a PG next summer.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#8 » by malgus » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:57 pm

Future phoenix sun, not as a starter but as a part of the PG collection
SeanDaRyan
Junior
And1: 130

Post#9 » by SeanDaRyan » Sat Nov 1, 2014 5:38 pm

Miami??
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#10 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Nov 1, 2014 8:06 pm

Rashidi wrote:If a team wants to sign Reggie Jackson for 13-14 million god bless them.
He's just as explosive as Westbrook, based on his growth and skill as a combo guard it wouldn't be a bad investment at all.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#11 » by CHAMPi0N » Sat Nov 1, 2014 8:32 pm

The kid can play. He's a young guy with a chip on his shoulder. I'm sure his agent pointed out that there's tons of options for him as an RFA next off season. And now with Westbrook out for a month it's going to be showtime for Jackson when he returns.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#12 » by GaaBaaBoo » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:52 am

9m at most
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#13 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Nov 2, 2014 3:53 am

Some teams believe Jackson could command a deal in the $13 million-$14 million-plus annual range.

:lol:
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#14 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Nov 2, 2014 7:40 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:How many teams need a starting PG? How many are ready, willing and able to drop a near-max deal for one? 6 by my count:

Does DAL even have the cap for Jackson? Not sure if they do.

HOU would be a bad fit because Harden likes to have the ball in his hands; that would be counterproductive for Jackson to sign there.

I guess SAC could sign Jackson if they find a way to get rid of guys like Thompson and Landry. And Rudy would obviously need to take a cut as well if he were to resign with them.

However, I hope he lands in LA tho but 13-14 mil is insane SMH.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#15 » by warren weel im » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:12 pm

The Lakers are a realistic destination with a strong-willed guard is needed to play beside Kobe. I say 10M starting ... 12 max; at 13-14M no one will be racing for his services.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#16 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:57 pm

Im guessing a 4 year, $30-40 million deal. I'll be shocked if he gets more than $10 million per when Lowry and Walker are getting $12 million
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#17 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:39 pm

That team will never win a title when they are handcuffed by the ownership's reluctance to spend.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#18 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:40 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
Rashidi wrote:If a team wants to sign Reggie Jackson for 13-14 million god bless them.
He's just as explosive as Westbrook, based on his growth and skill as a combo guard it wouldn't be a bad investment at all.

Lmao he is not as explosive as westbrook. In terms of athleticism he is about an 8 and russ is a 10.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#19 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:53 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:

Lmao he is not as explosive as westbrook. In terms of athleticism he is about an 8 and russ is a 10.
Lmao on how you just answered what I said, I didn't say he was equally explosive....I said just as as not quite. Then you go and place an 8-10 ranking....go figure.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#20 » by Jvaughn » Mon Nov 3, 2014 1:38 am

DEEP3CL wrote:

What??? As far as explosiveness, Westbrook is an a very elite class, with Lebron, and maybe a handful of other players. Jackson is definitely nowhere near that tier.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.

Return to Wiretap Discussion