Jimmy Butler: 'I'm Going To Be In Chicago'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jimmy Butler: 'I'm Going To Be In Chicago' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:00 pm

Jimmy Butler's contract extension discussions with the Chicago Bulls ended on Friday night with no deal.

Butler remains convinced he will remain with the Bulls when free agency talks start next offseason.

"I'm going to be in Chicago," Butler said.

Butler has missed the first two games of the season with a thumb injury.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 587

Re: Jimmy Butler: 'I'm Going To Be In Chicago' 

Post#2 » by Ring_Me » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:39 pm

These Joes are loyal.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#3 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Nov 2, 2014 12:22 am

What did he ever do to get this hype?
masgi
Junior
And1: 416

Post#4 » by masgi » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:32 am

GreenRiddler wrote:What did he ever do to get this hype?

Being one of the only 2 guards in the league who actually is good on defense helps...
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#5 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Nov 2, 2014 1:49 am

masgi wrote:

Being one of the only 2 guards in the league who actually is good on defense helps...

Jimmy butler is a 2 gaurd? Since when?
WinFirst
Junior
And1: 43

Post#6 » by WinFirst » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:06 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
masgi wrote:

you must not follow the NBA too often...
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#7 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:13 am

WinFirst wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:
masgi wrote:

Yeah I almost have 5K posts but I don't follow the NBA often... :roll: enough to know Butler is a 3/2. One who can't shoot the three or create for others, you know the number 1 and 2 indicator for if someone is a 2 or a 3...or do you not follow the NBA often?
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#8 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:42 am

Bulter >> Wiggins
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#9 » by ManualRam » Sun Nov 2, 2014 8:23 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
WinFirst wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:Jimmy butler is a 2 gaurd? Since when?

Yeah I almost have 5K posts but I don't follow the NBA often... :roll: enough to know Butler is a 3/2. One who can't shoot the three or create for others, you know the number 1 and 2 indicator for if someone is a 2 or a 3...or do you not follow the NBA often?

who makes these "indicators"?
different SGs do different things, the common denominator being that they can be put on the opposing SG. jimmy can do that. 2, 3, doesn't matter. jimmy's fine at either position.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Zane
Senior
And1: 80

Post#10 » by Zane » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:59 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
masgi wrote:

You know, since his career started.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#11 » by GaaBaaBoo » Sun Nov 2, 2014 3:53 pm

He's more and more clutch now
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#12 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:55 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:
WinFirst wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:Jimmy butler is a 2 gaurd? Since when?

He has been their starting SG for two years now.. Granted he can easily play both SG/SF, and could argue he might be a better SF.

He plays in Chicago, you could argue all big market hype up their players lol But yeah Butler is a solid player. He is an amazing iso and team defender. He guards the team's best wing player, which is something Thibodeau values highly. Well probably most coaches.

If he can shoot better, he would be a really good player. Lucky for Butler you can work on shooting, so I guess the potential is there.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Nov 2, 2014 9:14 pm

It's easy for Jimmy to say that now, but he's gonna get offers from a lot teams willing to beat the Bulls offer. If some team offers more than the Bull "hometown" discount offer....Jimmy is walking.

But I get why he's saying that.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
czar
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#14 » by czar » Mon Nov 3, 2014 12:11 am

He will be in Chicago when he plays against them :lol:
masgi
Junior
And1: 416

Post#15 » by masgi » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:21 am

DEEP3CL wrote:It's easy for Jimmy to say that now, but he's gonna get offers from a lot teams willing to beat the Bulls offer. If some team offers more than the Bull "hometown" discount offer....Jimmy is walking.

He's not walking. Bulls are capped out, and will match any offer from any other team, because even if they let him walk, they won't have enough money for an adequate replacement. Especially when the cap rises in the next 2-3 years, his salary will be pretty standard for your 3rd/4th best player @ 12-14m.
staticcc
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#16 » by staticcc » Mon Nov 3, 2014 11:27 am

masgi wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:It's easy for Jimmy to say that now, but he's gonna get offers from a lot teams willing to beat the Bulls offer. If some team offers more than the Bull "hometown" discount offer....Jimmy is walking.

He's not walking. Bulls are capped out, and will match any offer from any other team, because even if they let him walk, they won't have enough money for an adequate replacement. Especially when the cap rises in the next 2-3 years, his salary will be pretty standard for your 3rd/4th best player @ 12-14m.

That was said about Asik and Korver too. "Bulls are capped out, even if they let them go they won't be able to sign anyone". Cap is not the reason the Bulls let go of players. The reason is their owner is cheap!
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#17 » by MissileMike » Mon Nov 3, 2014 1:48 pm

If you go by opponent's PER, he is the best defender in the NBA at any position.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#18 » by Jvaughn » Mon Nov 3, 2014 2:26 pm

staticcc wrote:
masgi wrote:

That was said about Asik and Korver too. "Bulls are capped out, even if they let them go they won't be able to sign anyone". Cap is not the reason the Bulls let go of players. The reason is their owner is cheap!

Big difference between those situations. Butler is restricred, so he can't simply walk unless he's willing to play for the QO next year. Bulls can match any offer. The same thing was said about Asik, but the difference was that Asik was a 10-15 minute backup here who was playing behind a 30mpg player making $12 million a year. Butler is a high 30mpg starter, who we can't replace.

The Korver situation isn't similar at all since he was never allowed to be a FA, because we actually traded him for a TPE. He was let go because we were going into a Rose-less season where his skills weren't going to be utilized.

Cheap had nothing to do with those deals. It was smart business. Why would the Bulls pay Omer Asik $15 million in a season to play a backup spot for less than 20mpg. Probably not a smart idea if a players salary is higher than their mpg. The Korver deal was only $5 million. That wasn't breaking any banks.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Post#19 » by DrClutch » Mon Nov 3, 2014 4:32 pm

Few team may give him a offer Bulls cant match! He'lll be else next year along with Kawaii Leonard if spurs can't max offer
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#20 » by luss54321 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 5:14 pm

Zane wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:
masgi wrote:

You know, since his career started.

Nope. Jimmy came into the league as a SF. His first 2 seasons were spent backing up Luol Deng at the SF position

Return to Wiretap Discussion