Ben McLemore Hires Rich Paul As Agent

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ben McLemore Hires Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:51 pm

Ben McLemore has decided to sign with Klutch Sports Group two weeks after firing his previous agent Rodney Blackstock.

Klutch is run by Rich Paul, who also represents LeBron James.

McLemore’s decision to hire Blackstock, who became certified before last year’s NBA Draft, was criticized by some who said the delayed decision and going with a new agent cost McLemore a chance to be selected in the top-3 of the draft.

Via Jason Jones/Sacramento Bee

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Re: Ben McLemore Hires Rich Paul As Agent 

Post#2 » by Slava » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:05 pm

Let me be the first, McLemore for Waiters.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:25 pm

Jimmer Fredette career path?
TONYROMOHOF
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#4 » by TONYROMOHOF » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:37 pm

This guy is a bust so far

Its amazing if he scores double digits
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#5 » by HotelVitale » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:38 pm

Slava wrote:Let me be the first, McLemore for Waiters.

More like Mclemore for two waiters at IHOP. Guy has a PER of 3.8 this year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#6 » by Slava » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:40 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Slava wrote:Let me be the first, McLemore for Waiters.

More like Mclemore for two waiters at IHOP. Guy has a PER of 3.8 this year.

Klutch Sports.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 7, 2014 5:29 pm

Hahaha do you guys even watch basketball? Who cares if he isn't averaging 15ppg, he looks much better than waiters. He has been a huge key to the kings success this year playing lock down defense, guys got great mechanics his shot will come.

On the other hand waiters "aint never heard bout defense cuz that ain't his game" hahaha the guy is a cancer chucker who will be traded by midway through the season for a veteran after lebron gets tired of him chucking cavs way to more L's
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#8 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Fri Nov 7, 2014 5:31 pm

That new agent won't fix his lame jump shot.
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#9 » by malgus » Fri Nov 7, 2014 5:33 pm

Great now he's going to hold out for a max contract
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#10 » by BadWolf » Fri Nov 7, 2014 6:25 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Hahaha do you guys even watch basketball? Who cares if he isn't averaging 15ppg, he looks much better than waiters. He has been a huge key to the kings success this year playing lock down defense, guys got great mechanics his shot will come.

On the other hand waiters "aint never heard bout defense cuz that ain't his game" hahaha the guy is a cancer chucker who will be traded by midway through the season for a veteran after lebron gets tired of him chucking cavs way to more L's

i watched two of Kings games, his defense was terrible in both
real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#11 » by real1g » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:03 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Hahaha do you guys even watch basketball? Who cares if he isn't averaging 15ppg, he looks much better than waiters. He has been a huge key to the kings success this year playing lock down defense, guys got great mechanics his shot will come.

everytime mclemore has stepped on the court this year, it looks as if he's playing his first NBA game ever.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#12 » by luss54321 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:16 pm

I didn't know Rich Paul represented players who are on the verge of playing in the D-league/Europen League

Ben McLemore had one of the worst rookie seasons in NBA history.

Only 7 players in the history of the league have posted a lower PER and true shooting percentage than McLemore last year.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#13 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:28 pm

He's basically a cavalier now.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#14 » by real1g » Fri Nov 7, 2014 8:18 pm

luss54321 wrote:I didn't know Rich Paul represented players who are on the verge of playing in the D-league/Europen League

Ben McLemore had one of the worst rookie seasons in NBA history.

Only 7 players in the history of the league have posted a lower PER and true shooting percentage than McLemore last year.

Wow, that's unreal. Can I ask what site you use to check these advanced stats? Thanks.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,033

Post#15 » by mg » Fri Nov 7, 2014 8:24 pm

Wow you must be the same guy that was spamming the Nuggets game thread (on another forum) the past few days. Ben Mac has not shown anything yet but it's good to know he has a Lil OJ Mayo type stalker on these boards. As for Rich Paul I think he's just trying to build up his client base at this point. Like all agents, not all of his clients are going to be star caliber. Maybe he does end up on the Cavs (Bledsoe didn't) but at this point Waiters is the more talented player. BM's main offensive skillset is to shoot but he certainly hasn't shown it in the games yet.

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#16 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Nov 7, 2014 8:38 pm

I would hate wasting a draft pick especially a top 14 1st round pick on players coming out of Kansas University outside of Wilt Chamberlain and Paul Pierce.
boren
Junior
And1: 266

Post#17 » by boren » Fri Nov 7, 2014 8:50 pm

luss54321 wrote:Only 7 players in the history of the league have posted a lower PER and true shooting percentage than McLemore last year.

There were actually 51 rookies with worst PER if you base it on 15 minutes or more per game. Change that threshold to 5 minutes and the number grows to 553 rookies that had a worse first year than McLemore.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:55 pm

mg wrote:Wow you must be the same guy that was spamming the Nuggets game thread (on another forum) the past few days. Ben Mac has not shown anything yet but it's good to know he has a Lil OJ Mayo type stalker on these boards. As for Rich Paul I think he's just trying to build up his client base at this point. Like all agents, not all of his clients are going to be star caliber. Maybe he does end up on the Cavs (Bledsoe didn't) but at this point Waiters is the more talented player. BM's main offensive skillset is to shoot but he certainly hasn't shown it in the games yet.

Yes because I said hes the best player in the league right? Go read what I wrote again because obviously you are trying to pick a fight for no reason. I said hes been playing good defense and he looks much better than Waiters. Never once did I crown him king or say hes a superstar in the making. Hes Danny Green with more bounce. I like the way he plays, if you know basketball and you watch his mechanics and form he will get his shot right its a matter of time. He doesn't have MKG shot form his release looks smooth, he is a 20 year old kid playing on the the biggest stage of the world.

But again tell me more how I am a Ben McLemore stalker... Grow up.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:00 pm

BadWolf wrote:

i watched two of Kings games, his defense was terrible in both

I think you watched 1 game and i'm willing to bet it was the Golden State game. I watched every game this year, in fact I went to the nuggets game the other day and watched the recording as well. He is closing out on every three point shooter, he had a huge block, the first play of the game when they did the jump ball he was so active he jumped out and stole the possession. need I go on? I am in no way saying he is Tony Allen, but he certainly improving.

I dont get the McLemore hate on this board. The guy has been steady improving if you go back to the last 15 games of last year. He has yet to find his shot but as I have said a million times if you actually watch the game and don't just look at the stat sheet, he has a great release, solid form and good mechanics. His shots are rimming out it isn't like he is air balling every shot but if you go on realgm you would think he hasn't even hit the rim. And the best part about it is he isn't forcing anything.

Haters gon hate from you keyboards, but at the end of the day obviously he has talent thats why he is in the NBA and you are sitting at home on a computer talking about him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#20 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:05 pm

real1g wrote:

everytime mclemore has stepped on the court this year, it looks as if he's playing his first NBA game ever.

Lol you watch one Kings game in the game we played terrible as a team and everyone was lost. We have 7 new guys that takes time it doesn't happen over night. But again tell me more about my team after you watched one game against the warriors.

Return to Wiretap Discussion