Draymond Green Expected To Get At Least $8M Per Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Draymond Green Expected To Get At Least $8M Per Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Draymond Green is making just $915,000 this season as a former second round pick for the Golden State Warriors.

Green will become a restricted free agent this summer and figures to receive a substantial raise.

"You could make the argument that his value is somewhat like Taj Gibson's is to the Bulls right now," one NBA talent scout said. "He is seen as a part of the Warriors' main core. His value is very similar to that of Tayshaun Prince on Detroit's championship team. He will end up getting approximately $8 million per year in free agency based on similar comparables."

Green is looking forward to free agency.

"It'd be a lie to say I don't think about it," he said. "But I don't try to do anything different. If I did, everything is going to go wrong because I would be focusing on the wrong thing. I'd be stressed all year. Stress equals bad performances, which then would equal no contract. I really love it here. It's all I know about this league. As far as the money working out, if they want me to stay here, I know there's a way to keep me here."

Via Ric Bucher/Bleacher Report

Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Re: Draymond Green Expected To Get At Least $8M Per Season 

Post#2 » by Universe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:47 pm

One of the only sports that consistently talk about something a year away. Will Anthony Davis retire in 2020? Tune in tonight as we have the exclusive guess.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#3 » by 2thehoopand1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Jordan wasted all that money on lance its about time a bench player who earn it gets paid.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#4 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 pm

With Stephen Curry's bargain contract, Klay Thompson's new contract extension, David Lee's expiring contract, Andre Iguodala's overpaid contract, and Andrew Bogut's reasonable contract if he can stay healthy, it's going to be difficult for the Warriors to add quality players with those 5 players making $11+ mil each. Many Warriors fans will tell you that they would rather have Draymond Green over Andre Iguodala. If it comes down to losing Draymond Green because there's not enough money around or the Warriors need to lose Andre Iguodala in order to keep Draymond Green, I would trade Andre Iguodala 10 out of 10 to resign Draymond Green.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#5 » by luss54321 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:With Stephen Curry's bargain contract, Klay Thompson's new contract extension, David Lee's expiring contract, Andre Iguodala's overpaid contract, and Andrew Bogut's reasonable contract if he can stay healthy, it's going to be difficult for the Warriors to add quality players with those 5 players making $11+ mil each. Many Warriors fans will tell you that they would rather have Draymond Green over Andre Iguodala. If it comes down to losing Draymond Green because there's not enough money around or the Warriors need to lose Andre Iguodala in order to keep Draymond Green, I would trade Andre Iguodala 10 out of 10 to resign Draymond Green.

Iguodala has one of the worst contracts in the league.

I honestly think it set Golden State back a few years.

2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, 12 millions a year... For.... 6 PPG, 3 REB, 39 FG%

YIKES
real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#6 » by real1g » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:23 pm

luss54321 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:With Stephen Curry's bargain contract, Klay Thompson's new contract extension, David Lee's expiring contract, Andre Iguodala's overpaid contract, and Andrew Bogut's reasonable contract if he can stay healthy, it's going to be difficult for the Warriors to add quality players with those 5 players making $11+ mil each. Many Warriors fans will tell you that they would rather have Draymond Green over Andre Iguodala. If it comes down to losing Draymond Green because there's not enough money around or the Warriors need to lose Andre Iguodala in order to keep Draymond Green, I would trade Andre Iguodala 10 out of 10 to resign Draymond Green.

2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, 12 millions a year... For.... 6 PPG, 3 REB, 39 FG%

YIKES

and set the warriors back to the best start in franchise history... logic.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#7 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm

real1g wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

YIKES

Plus Igoudala is not a stat-type of guy. He was better offensively 2 years ago, but the way he plays defense and mans up to big match-ups is what Golden State bargained for. I am sure Klay/Barnes developed into a better defender (and offensive player) due to practicing with him everyday.

Stuff he does won't show up on the stat sheet. Is all that worth 12 mill/year? I don't know...GSW thought it was..
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#8 » by bj2323 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:32 pm

...they still shouldve done that david lee + klay thompson for Love trade
I likes sports
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#9 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm

bj2323 wrote:...they still shouldve done that david lee + klay thompson for Love trade

Kevin Love was unwilling to sign a contract extension and just leave to a different team after the season. That's too much of a gamble especially for a franchise that finally turned the corner. At least with Klay Thompson, we got some control of handling his situation. We can match whatever team is offering him, do a sign-and-trade deal, or work out a contract extension.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#10 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 pm

luss54321 wrote:

YIKES

Yea it's pretty disgusting and you forgot to add one more 2nd round pick, but I got you ahaha! Here's the trade:

1) Warriors 2014 1st Round Pick (#23-Rodney Hood), Warriors 2017 1st Round Pick (Unprotected), Warriors 2016 2nd Round Pick (Unprotected), and Warriors 2017 2nd Round Pick (Unprotected) to the Utah Jazz.

2) Warriors 2018 2nd Round Pick (Unprotected) to the Denver Nuggets.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#11 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
real1g wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

YIKES

Plus Igoudala is not a stat-type of guy. He was better offensively 2 years ago, but the way he plays defense and mans up to big match-ups is what Golden State bargained for. I am sure Klay/Barnes developed into a better defender (and offensive player) due to practicing with him everyday.

Stuff he does won't show up on the stat sheet. Is all that worth 12 mill/year? I don't know...GSW thought it was..

Without a doubt it wasn't worth it for Andre Iguodala at that price. 4 years for $48 mil? HELLNO! 4 years for $32 mil is more like it.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#12 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:48 pm

That seems like a little too high for him but admittedly I haven't seen him play a whole lot after leaving Michigan State.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#13 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:53 pm

If Rush picks up his option
If the Warriors pick up Speights' option
If Green get's 8 million

If all those happen the Warriors will be at 90 million next year.

That's 9 million over the projected luxury tax threshold. Lee's contract is almost 16 million and it's the last year. I'm sure management wouldn't mind paying one year of luxury tax for an elite team.

Shooting well, losing weight, and healing a bad knee on a contract year could be a red flag.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#14 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:00 am

-
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#15 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:31 am

Worth it.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#16 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:35 am

real1g wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

YIKES

LOL, exactly. Iggy has had a tough start coming off the bench, finding his role in the new offense, but he was 1st team all defense last season. Warriors still need him. No hurry to get rid of him. And if Warriors need to move him summer 2016 to pursue Kevin Durant or another max free agent, I don't think it will be too hard to move his $11.1 mil expiring contract. $11 mil doesn't buy what it used to.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#17 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:38 am

bj2323 wrote:...they still shouldve done that david lee + klay thompson for Love trade

Maybe. But Warriors are 8-2 with games vs. Spurs, Clippers, Blazers already (without Lee having played a full game). They're Globetrottering some teams. And IDK, Cleveland seems to be struggling?

If anything I think the Warriors have been reassured by their move, as Klay seems to have jumped to a whole new level this season already.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#18 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:42 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:If Rush picks up his option
If the Warriors pick up Speights' option
If Green get's 8 million

If all those happen the Warriors will be at 90 million next year.

That's 9 million over the projected luxury tax threshold. Lee's contract is almost 16 million and it's the last year. I'm sure management wouldn't mind paying one year of luxury tax for an elite team.

Shooting well, losing weight, and healing a bad knee on a contract year could be a red flag.

If Warriors aren't willing to pay one season of tax for a team currently in first place in the Pacific, before the cap balloons summer 2016, they need to shut up about being willing to pay the tax, and just say they won't pay the tax under any conditions.

I think they will pay the tax. These guys are super-rich, and their investment in the team has already at least doubled.
bj2323
Junior
And1: 31

Post#19 » by bj2323 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:38 am

Twinkie defense wrote:

Maybe. But Warriors are 8-2 with games vs. Spurs, Clippers, Blazers already (without Lee having played a full game). They're Globetrottering some teams. And IDK, Cleveland seems to be struggling?

If anything I think the Warriors have been reassured by their move, as Klay seems to have jumped to a whole new level this season already.

true... but i think they would be playing just as well or maybe even better with klove. I would have done the trade because it opens up more playing time for draymond green and harrison barnes. I highly doubt the Warriors will be able to keep Lee, and Green both next year
I likes sports
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#20 » by MinneOOPalis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:39 am

Considering Faried got 12 Draymond probably deserves 10

Return to Wiretap Discussion