Kobe Bryant Calls Teammates 'Soft Like Charmin' During Practice

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Kobe Bryant Calls Teammates 'Soft Like Charmin' During Practice 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Kobe Bryant called his Los Angeles Lakers' teammates "soft" during a 5-on-5 scrimmage on Thursday. The practice was the first by Bryant in several weeks.

Byron Scott has held Bryant out of most practices and shootarounds this season. 

"You m-----f------ are soft like Charmin in this m-----f-----," said Bryant. "God damn, is this the type of s--- that's going on in these practices? Now I see why we've lost 20 f---ing games. We're soft like Charmin. We're soft like s---."

Bryant passed Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and said, "I'm supposed to practice and get better, Mitch. I'm supposed to practice and get better. These m-----f------ ain't doing s--- for me."

Via Arash Markazi/ESPN

real1g
Sophomore
And1: 15

Re: Kobe Bryant Calls Teammates 'Soft Like Charmin' During P 

Post#2 » by real1g » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:30 pm

kobe is sick with the similes.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,811

Post#3 » by the_process » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:28 pm

And... this is why Dwight left, why Melo stayed, and why no meaningful FA will sign there this offseason. I'm not saying Kobe is necessarily wrong, but I am saying this is why no one wants to play with Kobe.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#4 » by alienpick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:39 pm

how long till he finally has enough and asks for a trade? a competitor like himself will only be able to take this for so long... definitely not two years. (how tradable is his contract is another story)
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#5 » by likashing » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Soft? Has Kobe watched his D on tape this year? What he needs is a mirror!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:50 pm

I clicked to see what Charmin means.

From what I can tell, it may be Indian for poop.
dolowsupreme
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by dolowsupreme » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

You got to have some thick skin to play with Kobe, in the end he is doing this just to make his team mates better but I would wonder if he can prove to be an effective leader without being an ****
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#8 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:16 pm

alienpick wrote:how long till he finally has enough and asks for a trade? a competitor like himself will only be able to take this for so long... definitely not two years. (how tradable is his contract is another story)

Last season, Nick Young averaged 17.9ppg 44%fg 39%treys.
But now Kobe is back, and is wasting Young's career.
If the Lakers want to improve, they need to get rid of Kobe somehow.
RayClayMatthews
Banned User
And1: 266

Post#9 » by RayClayMatthews » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Kobe, you got no chance of being the best until you at least punch one teammate in the face in practice. cmon, man.
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#10 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:20 pm

RayClayMatthews wrote:Kobe, you got no chance of being the best until you at least punch one teammate in the face in practice. cmon, man.

Kerr's bad temper really began that thing with Jordan.
Maybe Nick Young can instigate something with Kobe.
But Kobe hasn't show any signs of being an accurate puncher anyway.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,409

Post#11 » by Heat3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:23 pm

shut up kobe. he runs off teammates. takes up all the money. then complains about the left overs. gtfo.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#12 » by Rated T By CBRA » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Nothing new here with Kobe & his antics...but on another note: Charmin (aka Proctor & Gamble) are doing a great job with their marketing, now everything that is soft is associated with their toilet paper. Talk about great brand positioning and perception...
Cavs1017
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#13 » by Cavs1017 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Heat3 wrote:shut up kobe. he runs off teammates. takes up all the money. then complains about the left overs. gtfo.

Jesus I didn't realize rest of the guys played for free so they don't have to really go hard in practice.

No actually, they don't, there's a man making 15 million this year on there, a man making 9 million, a man making 5 million, 3 million, and few others all making above 900K sans Jordan Clarkson making 500k which is salary of a neurosurgeon (brain surgeon).

The least paid basketball player on the Lakers makes same type of money as a brain surgeon does.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#14 » by likashing » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:26 pm

When Kobe is on the court, the Lakers score fewer points and allow more points. Enough said. :lol:
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#15 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Someone has daddy issuses, or the fact that hes not in charge of his finances causing kobe to throw temper tantrums every couple days
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
alienpick
Starter

Post#16 » by alienpick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Cavs1017 wrote:
Heat3 wrote:shut up kobe. he runs off teammates. takes up all the money. then complains about the left overs. gtfo.

Jesus I didn't realize rest of the guys played for free so they don't have to really go hard in practice.

No actually, they don't, there's a man making 15 million this year on there, a man making 9 million, a man making 5 million, 3 million, and few others all making above 900K sans Jordan Clarkson making 500k which is salary of a neurosurgeon (brain surgeon).

The least paid basketball player on the Lakers makes same type of money as a brain surgeon does.

Ever look up what the owner of the Lakers is making? that's why NBA salaries are what they are, and 500k is peanuts compared to the amount of money the owners make. if you don't like that players make more than doctors: don't buy tickets, don't go to the games, don't watch the games on tv (you support the outrageous TV deal if you do), don't buy jersey's or any other merchandise, and convince everyone else to do the same. Sports prices are created by demand, and there is a lot of demand. Compared to the rest of society, they are definitely overpaid, compared to what the NBA and it's owners earn; they are underpaid.

and his point was that Kobe's contract is eating up a HUGE amount of the salary cap, which prevents them from signing anyone that could help the team, not that no one else is making any money.
alienpick
Starter

Post#17 » by alienpick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:I clicked to see what Charmin means.

From what I can tell, it may be Indian for poop.

Sarcasm? its a brand of toilet paper
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#18 » by FirstInkTDot » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Kobe should give up, no way he's winning #6, Tim Duncan looks like the clear front runner now.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#19 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 pm

FirstInkTDot wrote:Kobe should give up, no way he's winning #6, Tim Duncan looks like the clear front runner now.

And just what in hell does that have to do with anything ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#20 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:24 am

Anyone else find it awkward when Kobe talks tough like he thinks this is how tough guys should talk. Its like hes always impersonating someone, like when he was in that Jordan phase. Its almost funny when you try to take him seriously

Return to Wiretap Discussion