Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 66,275
And1: 178
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Danilo Gallinari has been diagnosed with a meniscus tear in his right knee.


Gallinari is out indefinitely and will need surgery.

Via Chris Dempsey/Denver Post

User avatar
Biscayne Beast
Senior
Posts: 693
And1: 559
Joined: Feb 23, 2011
Location: Down in Kokomo
     

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#2 » by Biscayne Beast » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:44 pm

This guy just can't stay healthy. I know I might be getting a little ahead of myself when I say this but I think Gallo's playing days are numbered. :-?
Image
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,421
And1: 4,872
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow, I feel bad for him. I liked him as a player but he's had two (and will have his third) operation on his knees with a very short period of time.

I'd like to believe he's not done, but it's starting to look like that way.
jizzme
Junior
Posts: 374
And1: 23
Joined: Nov 22, 2013

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#4 » by jizzme » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

now knicks will definitely overpay to get him
knicks universe = MECCAMSG
User avatar
Mobby
Analyst
Posts: 3,168
And1: 424
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
Location: on the Flip Side
   

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#5 » by Mobby » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:54 pm

The Trademaker wrote:This guy just can't stay healthy. I know I might be getting a little ahead of myself when I say this but I think Gallo's playing days are numbered. :-?


Yeah, I feel really bad for the guy, but his body just isn't made for such high-intensity activities. Sad too, he's got some skills. Maybe play in a less intensive environment such as Europe? Either that or get into weight-bearing exercises, improve the supporting muscles around the joints, and put on more muscle in general while gaining flexibility (so as to take the load off joints and put them more onto the muscles). NBA players are just too strong for his current size.
Image
RaptorRed
Rookie
Posts: 1,059
And1: 472
Joined: Jan 11, 2014
     

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#6 » by RaptorRed » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Again? Didn't he just have this injury?
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
imDatknicksTape
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 93
Joined: Jun 04, 2013
 

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#7 » by imDatknicksTape » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Im glad knicks dumped this guy.. made a mistake by drafting him over eric gordon, brook lopez, robin lopez,hibbert,batum,hickson. The only reason we drafted him is because of Dantoni smh. Had his best season under MDA too.. But he is way too fragile and doesnt defend or rebound for his size.

Get well soon Gallo.
2thehoopand1
Starter
Posts: 2,485
And1: 775
Joined: Jan 21, 2014
       

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#8 » by 2thehoopand1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:54 pm

That sucks kinda feel for guy.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
User avatar
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
Posts: 946
And1: 1,208
Joined: Apr 20, 2011

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#9 » by ooptolebron » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:10 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:Im glad knicks dumped this guy.. made a mistake by drafting him over eric gordon, brook lopez, robin lopez,hibbert,batum,hickson. The only reason we drafted him is because of Dantoni smh. Had his best season under MDA too.. But he is way too fragile and doesnt defend or rebound for his size.

Get well soon Gallo.


Eric Gordon sucks $%$^, brook lopez has been even less healthy than Gallo, Robin just broke his hand out of nowhere and hasn't been all that anyway, Hibbert is the definition of inconsistent, and hickson hasn't been consistent at all either. Only guy that made sense in your post was Batum. Try again.

Gallinari has been way better up until his ACL tear, and the past few games he was showing his old self again knocking down clutch threes and driving recklessly too the rim. Perhaps too aggressively, however, as this new injury indicates. He's a warrior though and only a three week timetable gives hope that he can still have a productive '15 season for the Nuggets.
Image

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
User avatar
TdotRap4Lyfe
Head Coach
Posts: 7,163
And1: 4,488
Joined: Feb 02, 2013
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#10 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Forever injured.
Image
Credits to Jstock12
Cicero
Junior
Posts: 391
And1: 156
Joined: Aug 19, 2013

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#11 » by Cicero » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 pm

damn, this sucks.
TheBallDoLie
Junior
Posts: 411
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 08, 2014

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#12 » by TheBallDoLie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:34 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:Im glad knicks dumped this guy.. made a mistake by drafting him over eric gordon, brook lopez, robin lopez,hibbert,batum,hickson. The only reason we drafted him is because of Dantoni smh. Had his best season under MDA too.. But he is way too fragile and doesnt defend or rebound for his size.

Get well soon Gallo.

It's hard to predict injuries. It's almost impossible cause injuries can happen to anyone at any given time. Gallo proved before the injuries he was a good player. So I don't understand you saying it was mistake. Most of the players you mentioned have had injury problems or just haven't produced much more than Gallo. And it was likely you would have traded anyone of those players just to get Melo back in 2011 anyway..
InWestWeTrust
Rookie
Posts: 1,241
And1: 338
Joined: Jun 19, 2012
     

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#13 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:32 pm

He should just retire
All I want for Christmas is #FullSquad
Bentley1225
General Manager
Posts: 9,856
And1: 971
Joined: Jan 10, 2007

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#14 » by Bentley1225 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Im sure he still has a future in the league but not as a starting 3.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 90,493
And1: 17,007
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#15 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:24 pm

jizzme wrote:now knicks will definitely overpay to get him


And that's because? Or do you just like saying stupid things?
BAF 1.0 - Celtics
1.James Harden|Lance Stephenson|DJ Augustin
2.Tony Allen|Alec Burks
3.Stanley Johnson|Dante Cunningham
4.Blake Griffin|Quincy Acy|Tony Bradley
5.Andre Drummond|Cristiano Felicio|Andrew Bogut
x.Ike Anigbogu,Jordan Crawford
User avatar
Jukeness
Analyst
Posts: 3,335
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
Location: West Saint Paul, MN

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#16 » by Jukeness » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:29 pm

That's too bad, guy's a good player.
jizzme
Junior
Posts: 374
And1: 23
Joined: Nov 22, 2013

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#17 » by jizzme » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:12 am

moocow007 wrote:
jizzme wrote:now knicks will definitely overpay to get him


And that's because? Or do you just like saying stupid things?


lol at least i dont go around banning people just because i disagree
knicks universe = MECCAMSG
God Squad
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,520
And1: 887
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#18 » by God Squad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:43 am

Wash
User avatar
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 7,096
And1: 2,161
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: New York
Contact:
       

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#19 » by Thorn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 am

jizzme wrote:now knicks will definitely overpay to get him


This makes no sense, and is not in anyway based on fact or reality.

We gave him up, and off the top of my head other than 2 guys in the past 10 years of frustration here in NY I can not think of guys we went out and gambled on with injuries.

Just taking shots at the Knicks, kind of weak isn't it man? Maybe just a bit beneath you? Or you know, should be?

I feel bad for the kid, he has a lot of talent, he was always asked to do more than he was capable of, people expected him to be a star player... he could never live up to the pressure and sadly his body has not stood up to the rigors of an NBA season.

A shame really, no matter who he plays for, you never want to see a guy injured as much as he is.
Image
User avatar
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
Posts: 640
And1: 45
Joined: Oct 01, 2014

Re: Danilo Gallinari Has Meniscus Tear In Right Knee 

Post#20 » by GaaBaaBoo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Can't he just play thru it?

Return to Wiretap Discussion