Cavs Looking To Address Depth At Big Man, Point Guard

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavs Looking To Address Depth At Big Man, Point Guard 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 4, 2015 8:26 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to address their depth in the frontcourt and at point guard. They have lost Anderson Varejao for the rest of the season.

"I think it's very clear that we have a real need for more size," David Griffin said. "Our team is versatile in that we can play multiple position but we're not terribly big.

"I'd like to improve that at multiple positions. I think it's clear that point-guard depth is something we need to address."

Via Chris Haynes/Cleveland Plain Dealer

DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Cavs Looking To Address Depth At Big Man, Point Guard 

Post#2 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:06 pm

Not happy with Dellavedova?
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#3 » by castor777 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:12 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:Not happy with Dellavedova?

I think they would if they could actually use him as the PG. With LeBron injured, he's been shifted to starting SG with AJ Price getting in the rotation (and Price has been awful). Now with Irving possibly out for a couple games, their depth will be even worse there. Stability is one thing the Cavs don't have at all right now, so Dellavedova just seems to be thrown into whatever lineup Blatt can get out there.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sun Jan 4, 2015 11:49 pm

Cavs need to address their lack of defense and effort on a consistent basis.
TV63
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by TV63 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 3:39 am

You have a point guard in Kyrie. Make him pass the damn ball! That's how you get assists. :) Instead they have this convoluted plan again to have Kyrie play with another PG like he last year in Jarrett Jack and why??? To take the ball away from Kyrie a little so the team can pass the ball. That's whacked. 2-3 assist PG isn't going to win you games.
TV63
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by TV63 » Mon Jan 5, 2015 3:45 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Cavs need to address their lack of defense and effort on a consistent basis.
Couldn't agree more! 1st it takes a tough a nails coach to hold 'ALL" the players accountable on playing defense. Instead there is alot of coddling of Lebron, Kyrie and Love. Lebron has been flat out lazy on defense, Love has alot to learn and is struggling to be consistent on defense, Kyrie is better than last year but has lapses but so does the rest of the team.

Return to Wiretap Discussion