Cousins: I'm In A Better Place Than I Was Before

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cousins: I'm In A Better Place Than I Was Before 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:35 pm

DeMarcus Cousins is one of the NBA's most talented big men, but he's developed a reputation for being unable to control his emotions.

“There’s been a lot of ups and downs throughout my career and all I can do is stay as positive as possible,” Cousins said. “There’s light at the end of the tunnel. That’s the biggest thing you can look forward to. That’s what I tell myself all the time, ‘It’s not as bad as it was before.’ I’m in a better place than I was before.

“The whole reputation thing, I’m over. People can think what they want to think. The only people who really matter are the guys on the team. It’s easy to kick somebody when they’re down, and I feel like that was the case [with me].”

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Re: Cousins: I'm In A Better Place Than I Was Before 

Post#2 » by titantron91 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:40 am

That's cool, Cuz. I know there are players who really have issues but I love it when they get over the hump.

I'm excited to see a Cousins-Drummond rivalry. I think they're the best young big men who will carry the future of the NBA, together with other young talent.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Cousins: I'm In A Better Place Than I Was Before 

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Boogie is a good dude. Often misunderstood. I think he just needed some time to mature after Kentucky.

Hard to believe that Kentucky team didn't win the NCAA Tournament. Boogie, John Wall, Eric Bledsoe.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion