Mike Budenholzer, Steve Kerr Named NBA Coaches Of Month For January

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mike Budenholzer, Steve Kerr Named NBA Coaches Of Month For January 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:01 pm

Mike Budenholzer of the Atlanta Hawks and Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors have been named the NBA's Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the Month for January, the NBA announced.

Via RealGM Staff Report

pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Mike Budenholzer, Steve Kerr Named NBA Coaches Of Month For January 

Post#2 » by pylb » Mon Feb 2, 2015 10:02 pm

Which of these guys is getting CoY ? I'm guessing Bud because Kerr's a rookie and has Steph Curry.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:45 am

pylb wrote:Which of these guys is getting CoY ? I'm guessing Bud because Kerr's a rookie and has Steph Curry.

You can argue that these two things balance out. Being a rookie coach is no easy task. The real difference is, being No. 1 in the West is totally different than in the East where you have two losing team holding down the 7th and 8th seed.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#4 » by Mobby » Tue Feb 3, 2015 1:13 pm

hyberx wrote:
pylb wrote:Which of these guys is getting CoY ? I'm guessing Bud because Kerr's a rookie and has Steph Curry.

You can argue that these two things balance out. Being a rookie coach is no easy task. The real difference is, being No. 1 in the West is totally different than in the East where you have two losing team holding down the 7th and 8th seed.

While this is true, the Hawks actually have a better winning percentage than the Warriors when it comes to vs. West teams. Hawks are fo' real.

Hawks - 13-3
Warriors - 23-7
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#5 » by GSWBlooded93 » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:43 pm

Mobby wrote:
hyberx wrote:

While this is true, the Hawks actually have a better winning percentage than the Warriors when it comes to vs. West teams. Hawks are fo' real.

Hawks - 13-3
Warriors - 23-7

It might be a higher winning percentage, but you have to keep in mind the Warriors have played the West more.

Return to Wiretap Discussion