Stephen Curry Wants To Play Into Late 30s

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stephen Curry Wants To Play Into Late 30s 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:20 pm

Stephen Curry would like an extended NBA playing career, which he expects will mean he'd like to step away from the game instead of transition immediately to coaching as Jason Kidd and Derek Fisher have in recent seasons.

"I hope to play until I'm like 38 or something, and that's a lot of years in the game and a lot of travel and a lot of sacrifice on my family's part," said Curry. "That's more what I was thinking about long-term — being able to spend time with my kids that'll be somewhat grown by then, and enjoying life outside of basketball. I want to be involved in the game somehow, but I think just the time commitment of coaching is not very attractive to me if I play as long as I plan to play."

Curry's father, Dell Curry, played until he was 37.

Via James Herbert/CBS Sports

Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Re: Stephen Curry Wants To Play Into Late 30s 

Post#2 » by Porzingis » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:40 pm

Steve Nash part deux (except injuries i hope)
airaaron32
Senior
And1: 773

Post#3 » by airaaron32 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:12 pm

Don't see why he can't barring injury (god forbid). Even if he loses the speed he needs to be effective as he is now, He will always have the shooting touch. At worst he becomes Dell Curry or some kind of spot up shooter.
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#4 » by Mobby » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:34 pm

Yeah, he's a good enough distributor and obviously an excellent shooter, so I don't see why he wouldn't still be playable till whenever he retires -- could probably even play into his early 40s if he didn't mind a limited role as a backup (primarily shooter, but still a decent distributor, though he would probably be a liability on defense).
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#5 » by Cassius » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:37 am

In other news: Steph Curry convinced that world is round.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion