Brian Shaw Fired By Nuggets

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Brian Shaw Fired By Nuggets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:35 pm

The Denver Nuggets have fired Brian Shaw as head coach.

Shaw was hired as head coach of the Nuggets before the 13-14 season after serving as an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Lakers and Indiana Pacers.

Via Chris Dempsey/Denver Post

SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Re: Brian Shaw Fired By Nuggets 

Post#2 » by SwaggyB » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:37 pm

It's about damn time
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,577

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:42 pm

They should have never fired George Karl.

I guess they'll be first in line for Thibodeaus services if Bulls part ways with him.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,060

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:44 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:They should have never fired George Karl.

57 wins from a team without a single all-star and they turn around and let the coach and GM go in the same summer. You know an entire organization is dysfunctional when you see that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Blanky53
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#5 » by Blanky53 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:11 pm

I bet Phil is already on the phone offering Shaw a position to be Fish's Ass't.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,246

Post#6 » by Red8911 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:17 pm

Finally, this guy was probably the worst coach in the nba.Dont know why it took so long.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#7 » by the_process » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:19 pm

The_Hater wrote:

57 wins from a team without a single all-star and they turn around and let the coach and GM go in the same summer. You know an entire organization is dysfunctional when you see that.

A 57 win team that lost in six games in the 1st round. They were trying to have playoff success, not regular season success. Plus DEN's roster was always kind of the island of mismatched toys, add to that Shaw wanted to play inside out and they couldn't do that with empty head McGee and Mozzie was not a great passer and Hickson is a empty stats guy and Nurkic is a rookie and really what you end up with is they should have given Shaw at least another season and gotten him some players that could do what he asked of them.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,710

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:23 pm

His fate was sealed when he admitted he was reading books on how to understand "millenials". there are coaches twice his age that can coach younger players just fine. He's not cut out for the job.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#9 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:30 pm

Some former players are just not cut out for coaching...Shaw seemed to be one of those, regardless of his assistant coach experience.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#10 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:47 pm

What a disaster the Nuggets have been and continue to be. It stems back before letting George Karl & Masai Ujiri go. Ownership is bad.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 364

Post#11 » by imDatknicksTape » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:58 pm

Somehow salty Denver fans will still blame melo for this.
The_Hater

Post#12 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 3, 2015 7:21 pm

oyoyer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

A 57 win team that lost in six games in the 1st round. They were trying to have playoff success, not regular season success. .

Great theory. And how'd that work out for the Nugs?

Sometimes management has expectations that are well beyond being realistic and this could be a case study of that. An overachieving team losing in the first round of the playoffs in the loaded west isn't exactly a failure, 4 very good teams are going to lose in the 1st round this season.

Nuggets ownership got exactly what they deserved in this instance.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#13 » by your boy » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:59 pm

The_Hater wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

A 57 win team that lost in six games in the 1st round. They were trying to have playoff success, not regular season success. .

Sometimes management has expectations that are well beyond being realistic and this could be a case study of that. An overachieving team losing in the first round of the playoffs in the loaded west isn't exactly a failure, 4 very good teams are going to lose in the 1st round this season.

I realize it didn't workout but they were probably tired of being a first round exit EVERY year so they thought something needed to be done. Let's not forget that his playoff record is pretty terrible.
Thatmetricsdude
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Thatmetricsdude » Tue Mar 3, 2015 11:00 pm

your boy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
oyoyer wrote:

I realize it didn't workout but they were probably tired of being a first round exit EVERY year so they thought something needed to be done. Let's not forget that his playoff record is pretty terrible.

It was more of a management clash between George Karl and Denver ownership if I remember correctly. And he was coach of the year. Reminds me of the Kings ownership firing Rick Adelman because they were tired of making the playoffs 7 years in a row. You should never fire a successful coach who has proven to be a master tactician.
The_Hater

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Tue Mar 3, 2015 11:11 pm

your boy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
oyoyer wrote:

Well problem solves as they don't have to worry about hiring a coach with a bad playoff record anymore...
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
your boy
Banned User

Post#16 » by your boy » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:06 am

The_Hater wrote:
your boy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Well problem solves as they don't have to worry about hiring a coach with a bad playoff record anymore...

Like I said, it didn't work out. But it was worth a chance, Karl wasn't getting the job done, and can't get the job done in the playoffs.
your boy
Banned User

Post#17 » by your boy » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:10 am

your boy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
your boy wrote:

Like I said, it didn't work out. But it was worth a chance, Karl wasn't getting the job done, and can't get the job done in the playoffs. Don't forget that they lost Iggy and Gallinari missed all of last season, they would have missed the playoffs with Karl as their coach.
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#18 » by miltk » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:18 am

i knew shaw was doomed when afflalo wanted to be traded. arron is a stand-up, old school, hard working player who never makes trouble.
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#19 » by 2hard2guard » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:23 am

Team turkey needs a new coach
The_Hater

Post#20 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 4, 2015 3:43 am

your boy wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
your boy wrote:

Like I said, it didn't work out. But it was worth a chance, Karl wasn't getting the job done, and can't get the job done in the playoffs.

Karl wins 57 games with a bunch of role players in the stacked west and you concluded that 'he wasn't getting the job done'. Sorry but Thats the same false/stupid/asinine conclusion the Nuggets management came too and the teams results that followed have confirmed that.

It should also be noted that they did make the conference finals 1 season. Shortly thereafter the only allstar player demanded a trade which should have gutted the team but they somehow remained competitive.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion