Kyrie Irving Has Played Through Foot Injury Since Game 1 Of 1st Round

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Kyrie Irving Has Played Through Foot Injury Since Game 1 Of 1st Round 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 9, 2015 3:53 am

Kyrie Irving struggled in the Cleveland Cavaliers' Game 3 buzzer-beating loss at the Chicago Bulls and admitted that he's been injured since Game 2 of the Boston Celtics' series.

Irving has a foot injury.

"I'm not going to make any excuses for myself," said Irving.

Irving finished the game with 11 points on 3-for-13 shooting and zero assists.

"He gave us 40 minutes on one foot," said LeBron James.

Via Sean Highkin/Bleacher Report

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,528

Re: Kyrie Irving Has Played Through Foot Injury Since Game 1 Of 1st Round 

Post#2 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 9, 2015 7:05 am

I always cringe when players bring up an injury and say they aren't using it as an excuse..

It wasn't an excuse for the past 5 games when you played well, why bring it up now if it's not for the purpose of an excuse?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#3 » by TOMSPY77 » Sat May 9, 2015 8:36 am

zimpy27 wrote:I always cringe when players bring up an injury and say they aren't using it as an excuse..

It wasn't an excuse for the past 5 games when you played well, why bring it up now if it's not for the purpose of an excuse?

Thing is though without the rest of the context of how that came up can't blame the player.

What I mean is if the press found out about an injury and asked about it what kind of answer can he give??

Of course I don't know the context as said.

Far be it from me anyway to defend a Cav player right at this moment lol, as a fan I have my own injury issues with the Bulls, too damn many actually.

Bottom line I guess as a player at least he is willing to play through it.
Cottage Grove
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#4 » by Cottage Grove » Sat May 9, 2015 9:12 am

zimpy27 wrote:I always cringe when players bring up an injury and say they aren't using it as an excuse..

It was actually the HC who brought it up without even being asked about it. You could tell Kyrie didn't even want people to know. He was rubbing his forehead in frustration that Blatt exposed the injury.

You dont admit injuries unless asked or the player is gonna miss games. Blatt just seems out of his league and the players now it. Thats why they follow Lebron.....That being said, the bulls are the last team youll get sympathy from when it comes to injuries. I hope we knock these bums out in 5 :nod:
You don't appreciate the tap water in Chicago until you go somewhere else and try theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XETtxGScVlY
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#5 » by Leto » Sat May 9, 2015 2:10 pm

I would not trust the claim that Irving is hurt. It's just an excuse for poor play. Rose needs to come out and shut him down again in game 4.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#6 » by xJumpManx » Sat May 9, 2015 3:37 pm

Hard to watch this as a Cavs fan. Its obvious if both teams were healthty the Cavs are the much better team. Even without Love the bulls can barely beat the Cavs.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#7 » by luss54321 » Sat May 9, 2015 4:08 pm

xJumpManx wrote:Hard to watch this as a Cavs fan. Its obvious if both teams were healthty the Cavs are the much better team. Even without Love the bulls can barely beat the Cavs.

Cry me a river. The Bulls haven't been healthy in the playoffs for 3 YEARS.

The Cavs won 3 more games during the regular season... Butler missed 17 games, Rose missed 31 games, Gibson missed 20 games, Dunleavy missed 19 games, and Noah missed 15 games.

Bulls are BY FAR the better team. If the Bulls were healthy all year they would have finished 10 games ahead of Cleveland
MakinItRainRed
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#8 » by MakinItRainRed » Sat May 9, 2015 5:00 pm

xJumpManx wrote:Hard to watch this as a Cavs fan. Its obvious if both teams were healthty the Cavs are the much better team. Even without Love the bulls can barely beat the Cavs.

Blown calls from Game 3:
- LeBron James given an and-one when Rose clearly took a charge. Take away 3 points for that. Not to mention that would've been LeBron's 3rd foul in the first half which would have completely changed the complexion of the game.
- A goaltend on Rose's layup that wasn't called, but he was given the foul. Add one point for the and-one.
- A foul that wasn't called on Lebron on Butler's deep three with the shot clock winding down. Add 3 more points for that.
- A foul that wasn't called on LeBron when he knocked the mauled Rose while bringing up the ball with 10 seconds left in the game. Bulls were in the bonus. Add 2 points for that.
That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Do the math...that's 9 points right there, given the Bulls hit the free throws...But even if they hit say 5/9, it would have been 101-93 (take away 3 for that and-one that shouldn't have counted by LeBron).
So all that being said, the Bulls would've won without the need of the last second three, which would have made it 104-93.
But games aren't all "ifs" and "buts." The fact is that the Bulls came out on top even when the calls weren't going their way. At all.
So man up, take the L, and let's enjoy Game 4.
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Hakimbrook46 » Sat May 9, 2015 5:12 pm

No crap! Watching Kyrve today i jst surmised some'n gotta be up about him.. One of the best penetrators in the league but could barely even pull a single successful drive? I'm def'ly not a fan of him but i do respect his tenacity. And as for y'all bashin him for that you clearly have no clue what it's like to have an injury somewhere around a lower body!
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,978

Post#10 » by nikster » Sat May 9, 2015 6:01 pm

luss54321 wrote:

The Cavs won 3 more games during the regular season... Butler missed 17 games, Rose missed 31 games, Gibson missed 20 games, Dunleavy missed 19 games, and Noah missed 15 games.

Bulls are BY FAR the better team. If the Bulls were healthy all year they would have finished 10 games ahead of Cleveland

if they were "By far" the better team they would have had a much easier time with a cavs team missing Love and JR
luss54321
Starter

Post#11 » by luss54321 » Sat May 9, 2015 6:07 pm

nikster wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

if they were "By far" the better team they would have had a much easier time with a cavs team missing Love and JR

The Bulls' starting lineup played 20 games together the entire season. It takes time to establish rhythm and chemistry.

The Bulls will win this series in 5 or 6 games, WITHOUT home court advantage.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,978

Post#12 » by nikster » Sat May 9, 2015 6:53 pm

luss54321 wrote:
nikster wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

The Bulls' starting lineup played 20 games together the entire season. It takes time to establish rhythm and chemistry.

The Bulls will win this series in 5 or 6 games, WITHOUT home court advantage.

Cavs didnt have their full roster till halfway through the season when they made the Mozgov trade and Lebron came back from injury...The Cavs were pretty much a completely new squad this season too. Bulls have most of their same core back. Not to mention the lineup the Cavs played with, especially in games 1 and 2 is not one they played with during the regular season. They were missing 2 starters games 1 and 2...Couple plays go the other way and the series could be 2-1 Cavs.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#13 » by xJumpManx » Sat May 9, 2015 7:14 pm

luss54321 wrote:

Cavs not being healthy is due to a dirtyplay, Rose noth being healthy is due to him being a wussy. Man up and admit the truth.
luss54321
Starter

Post#14 » by luss54321 » Sat May 9, 2015 10:08 pm

xJumpManx wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Cavs not being healthy is due to a dirtyplay, Rose noth being healthy is due to him being a wussy. Man up and admit the truth.

You must be the dumbest person on this website.

Return to Wiretap Discussion