Mark Cuban Tweets Support For Change Of Charge Rule

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Mark Cuban Tweets Support For Change Of Charge Rule 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 11, 2015 3:01 am

LeBron James rolled his ankle in the third quarter of Game 4 when Derrick Rose tried to take a charge in transition.

There has been growing support in recent months for a change to the charge rule and Mark Cuban Tweeted a comment following the play.

"That's why we shouldn't let 2ndary defenders take charges," wrote Cuban. "Step in charges have become a basketball play. It shouldn't be. "

Via RealGM Staff Report

foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 473

Re: Mark Cuban Tweets Support For Change Of Charge Rule 

Post#2 » by foreigngrammar » Mon May 11, 2015 7:54 am

Right on the Mark! :)

I've been preaching this for years. The sliding when somebody already takes off is just a too injury-prone action that should be punished but not rewarded.
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 214

Post#3 » by bgrep14 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Then you'll just have people intentionally running over people, I think this would just make defense non existent, and disagree with Cubes
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#4 » by LaRance » Mon May 11, 2015 6:46 pm

I've been saying for years this slide in crap to take a charge is BullS@#$. Rose wasn't even set on top of that when he was granted the charge. people need to step up and do some real defense.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm

bgrep14 wrote:Then you'll just have people intentionally running over people, I think this would just make defense non existent, and disagree with Cubes

He's speaking about secondary defenders. And they could still hold position but not slide in front of (or under) the ball handler.

Return to Wiretap Discussion