Kyrie Irving Asked Teammates If They Wanted Him On Floor With Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 11, 2015 3:14 am

Kyrie Irving continues to try to battle through a right foot strain in which he's hobbling and isn't as explosive as he usually is.

The Cleveland Cavaliers also moved Irving on defense to not defend Derrick Rose.

Irving asked his teammates if they wanted him to stay out on the floor.

"I asked them if they still wanted me out there," said Irving.

Iman Shumpert didn't hear Irving's question, but said he definitely wants him out there.

"I definitely always want him out there if he can go," Shumpert said after the game. "We will be hurt after the season. Right now we have to get wins."

Tristan Thompson offered a similar response.

"He knows he can't ask me that because I will tell him, 'You're crazy. Get your butt out there, boy. You're one of the best on the court. You have to be out there, we need you out there.' He knows he can never ask me that question or I will look at him like he's crazy," Thompson said. "He gets it done."

"For me it's just about the mental toughness and just willing myself and counting down the minutes and getting the stops that we need," Irving said. "That's a great team over there so you have to pick and choose your spots, especially on the offensive end.

"They corralled me to the sideline knowing I can't really escape it or anything like that. I just tried to use the pass and space out and use myself as a decoy the best I can. That's the best thing I can do. If I get an open look I'm still going to shoot it. Those guys still trust me and still want me out there."

Via Chris Fedor/Cleveland Plain Dealer

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Kyrie Irving Asked Teammates If They Wanted Him On Floor With Injury 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Really unfortunate for LeBron: he leaves Miami because Wade/Bosh were always injured...and now his two other sidekicks (who are younger) are plagued by injuries in the playoffs. It just looks like he will have to carry the load as much as he can this year.
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#3 » by rousa27 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Really unfortunate for LeBron: he leaves Miami because Wade/Bosh were always injured...and now his two other sidekicks (who are younger) are plagued by injuries in the playoffs. It just looks like he will have to carry the load as much as he can this year.

False, the reason he left Miami wasn't because Wade and Bosh were always injured. He knew that the Cavs probably won't win the championship this year. He just has to step it up again if he even wants to sniff the Finals this year though (nothing new to him).
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#4 » by bgrep14 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I know Kyrie is hurt but he just looked so disinterested in being out there yesterday. It was like he wanted everyone to know that he was hurt rather than play hard and play through the pain because Drose has dominated him so badly the past two games.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#5 » by luss54321 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Kyrie's defense with an injuried foot is the exact same as his defense when healthy: NONEXISTENT
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#6 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Still don't see why Bron left Miami. Kyrie hasn't been in the league half long as wade and he's already has a laundry list of injures going back to his one yr in college.

Return to Wiretap Discussion