Bobby Portis Reveals Pregame Motivation Comes From Envisioning Someone Hitting His Mom

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bobby Portis Reveals Pregame Motivation Comes From Envisioning Someone Hitting His Mom 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 31, 2015 2:52 am

Bobby Portis worked out for the Boston Celtics this week and revealed a dark motivation for pregame fuel.

“I always envision someone hitting my mom,” Portis said. “That’s something I do for myself because I want to make myself mad when I get on the court. It’s all business when I step on the hardwood.”

Portis once stepped in between his mother, Tina Edwards, and an angry boyfriend as a young teen in Little Rock, Ark., and grabbed the man’s fist.

“That’s something I had to go through as a kid, my mom and domestic violence,” Portis said flatly. “I didn’t want that to happen anymore, so that’s something I’ve always envisioned.”

Via Mark Murphy/Boston Herald

ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Re: Bobby Portis Reveals Pregame Motivation Comes From Envisioning Someone Hitting His Mom 

Post#2 » by ohio » Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Good man right here, I can definitely relate, envisioning someone hurting a female family member brings the worst out of me.

I'm yet to feel that way about a girl I'm dating & that's why I'm yet to get married.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Bobby Portis Reveals Pregame Motivation Comes From Envisioning Someone Hitting His Mom 

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jun 1, 2015 2:42 pm

Kind of explains why he played with such intensity in College. There's no question he's long and skilled, but he still doesn't have great footwork. I don't think he'll make an immediate impact but could be a good long-term option.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion