Patrick Beverley Staying In Touch With Chandler Parsons Heading Into Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Patrick Beverley Staying In Touch With Chandler Parsons Heading Into Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 31, 2015 5:24 am

Patrick Beverley has been able to already see Chandler Parsons' recruiting first hand as he enters free agency in July.

“I hear from Chandler every day,” Beverley said. “It’s hard, but I try not to think about it. I can’t talk about contracts. It’s going to be a fun summer. I have put myself in a position to be set for life and that’s something that I never thought was possible growing up.”

Beverley will be a restricted free agent, giving the Rockets the ability to match any offer sheet.

“This is the only team in the league — I am very loyal — only team in the league that really took a chance on me,” Beverley said. “At the end of the day, I understand it’s a business.”

Via Jonathan Feigen/Houston Chronicle

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,456

Re: Patrick Beverley Staying In Touch With Chandler Parsons Heading Into Free Agency 

Post#2 » by Revived » Sun May 31, 2015 6:42 am

Thing about undersized, all hustle, hardcore defensive players like him and Avery Bradley is that they can up being very injury prone.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Re: Patrick Beverley Staying In Touch With Chandler Parsons Heading Into Free Agency 

Post#3 » by 6_Rings » Sun May 31, 2015 1:19 pm

mediocre shooting and assisting. scruffy defense makes him injury prone. I dunno.

and why is he exposing Chandler's tampering? leverage for a new $ contract?

El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#4 » by red96 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:29 pm

Cant stop players from talking to each other. Lets see if Cubans going to pay him 15 million too.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
6_Rings
RealGM

Post#5 » by 6_Rings » Sun May 31, 2015 1:44 pm

lol 15M? Harden even threw him under the bus by asking for a PG upgrade in the offseason. he's leaking this now for damage control and that another team wants him.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#6 » by BallerTalk » Sun May 31, 2015 3:04 pm

6_Rings wrote:lol 15M? Harden even threw him under the bus by asking for a PG upgrade in the offseason. he's leaking this now for damage control and that another team wants him.

Funny how this story spins more wildly away from the truth each day. :lol:
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
theclizzle
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#7 » by theclizzle » Sun May 31, 2015 3:13 pm

6_Rings wrote:lol 15M? Harden even threw him under the bus by asking for a PG upgrade in the offseason. he's leaking this now for damage control and that another team wants him.

He's been injured idiot. Of course he would ask for that, I mean they brought in Prigioni didnt' they? Hes not as good as Beverley present day and is way older, so that wasn't an upgrade at all, just a temp replacement. Do you even follow Texas basketball?

HEY RESPECTS TO THAT GSW FAN I BE BEEFIN WITH , I AINT BEEN ON IN AWHILE BUT I TALKED ALOT OF **** AND I GOTTA TIP MY HAT OFF TO THE GSW, EVN THO I HATE EM AND DAVID LEE WASNT A FACTOR!!!
6_Rings
RealGM

Post#8 » by 6_Rings » Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 pm

theclizzle wrote:

He's been injured idiot. Of course he would ask for that, I mean they brought in Prigioni didnt' they? Hes not as good as Beverley present day and is way older, so that wasn't an upgrade at all, just a temp replacement. Do you even follow Texas basketball?

HEY RESPECTS TO THAT GSW FAN I BE BEEFIN WITH , I AINT BEEN ON IN AWHILE BUT I TALKED ALOT OF **** AND I GOTTA TIP MY HAT OFF TO THE GSW, EVN THO I HATE EM AND DAVID LEE WASNT A FACTOR!!!

don't you speak English in Texas ? ur a bigger IDIOT. what in the words UPGRADE in the offseason don't you understand stupid .
theclizzle
Freshman

Post#9 » by theclizzle » Sun May 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Even if I did misread your statement/post, he asked for help in the season too, though it wasnt as publicized. We didn't have the backup we wanted to begin with, we traded the one we had (Canaan). I sure hope you don't count nick johnson, or Jason Terry as a backup, because Jason Terry was but then was FORCED into starting, leaving help needed and little experience.

6_Rings wrote:
theclizzle wrote:

don't you speak English in Texas ? ur a bigger IDIOT. what in the words UPGRADE in the offseason don't you understand stupid .
theclizzle
Freshman

Post#10 » by theclizzle » Sun May 31, 2015 10:58 pm

theclizzle wrote:Even if I did misread your statement/post, he asked for help in the season too, though it wasnt as publicized. We didn't have the backup we wanted to begin with, we traded the one we had (Canaan).

6_Rings wrote:
theclizzle wrote:
He's been injured off and on idiot. Of course he would ask for that, I mean they brought in Prigioni didnt' they? Hes not as good as Beverley present day and is way older, so that wasn't an upgrade at all, just a temp replacement. Do you even follow Texas basketball?

Mystereevan
Freshman

Post#11 » by Mystereevan » Mon Jun 1, 2015 5:14 am

really he asked for another playmaker. doesn't necessarily have to be a point guard.
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#12 » by Makaveli2 » Thu Jun 4, 2015 2:48 pm

Honestly I like bev he has a lot of heart and plays with emotions something we need, but he's expendable. Hes been in and out of the lineup and out the entire playoffs and the rockets still got second seed and wcf. His shooting has gone up but his defense His greatest strength hasn't been on par this season even when he did play. It might be injury problem which he has delt with a second season, there for wasn't able to stop lillard the opposing pg that series. I wish he stays but y for the right price and I think he walks which I'm fine with..

Return to Wiretap Discussion