LeBron Was First Party To Broach Forming Big 3 In 2010

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 1, 2015 5:33 pm

LeBron James was the first party to broach the subject of forming a Big 3 with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh with the Miami Heat in 2010.

James met with Wade and Bosh in a secret meeting in Cleveland.

Up until that point, Wade had been relaying to Miami management there was no way James would be interested in joining them with the Heat.

Wade went to James with the idea of taking less money to include Haslem, but James refused. Wade volunteered to take a salary hit alone to accommodate Haslem.

The Heat also would not have been in a position to sign all three players if Lamar Odom had taken Pat Riley's 2009 offer to Lamar Odom.

Via Dan Le Batard/Miami Herald

Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Re: LeBron Was First Party To Broach Forming Big 3 In 2010 

Post#2 » by Hakimbrook46 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 5:56 pm

So basically Lebron took advantage of Wade's sacrifice to earn himself Two championships? Wow.. I never had this RESPECT for D-Wade b4!
Doucette13
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Doucette13 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:24 pm

Lebron uses wade...and bosh....gone to miami...doesnt work out at the way he expected...but still has sucess with 2 rings...but 5 finals appearnces. Says I wanted to go home to cleveland brags about cleveland has commercials about cleveland as a whole and how important it is but he runs back to a young kyrie and keven love...because hes a dirty ring chaser
Hes a great player but to leave your home town team to be a ring chaser then come back. He will always have 3 championships he lost.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:30 pm

Hakimbrook46 wrote:So basically Lebron took advantage of Wade's sacrifice to earn himself Two championships? Wow.. I never had this RESPECT for D-Wade b4!

Maybe that is why Wade expect more money from management right now based on recent news. He was the one taking hits for the betterment of the organization. Now he wants his before he hangs them up?
Jazzing
Senior
And1: 215

Post#5 » by Jazzing » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:38 pm

Hakimbrook46 wrote:So basically Lebron took advantage of Wade's sacrifice(...)

What sacrifice?

He helped a bad player to earn an unmerited money. Wade is almost as worst as drug dealers, planting lies and discord among everyone.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#6 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Jun 1, 2015 7:47 pm

Doucette13 wrote:Lebron uses wade...and bosh....gone to miami...doesnt work out at the way he expected...but still has sucess with 2 rings...but 5 finals appearnces. Says I wanted to go home to cleveland brags about cleveland has commercials about cleveland as a whole and how important it is but he runs back to a young kyrie and keven love...because hes a dirty ring chaser
Hes a great player but to leave your home town team to be a ring chaser then come back. He will always have 3 championships he lost.

Kevin Love wasn't on the Cavs when James went back.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#7 » by eureca20 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 8:04 pm

Miami offered the MLE to Odom which was far below his market value. If the big 3 didn't want to take a big enough paycut to keep Lamar who was a better fit than Haslem they could have easily traded him. This was before his meltdown so his value was high. They also could have not signed Mike Miller for 5 million per year.

As for Lebron not taking less money. I have no problem with that. He deserves his money more than anyone else he has ever played with.

HeartBreakKid wrote:Kevin Love wasn't on the Cavs when James went back.

I think most people believe Lebron knew Love was coming before he agreed to sign with the Cavs. He didn't mention Wiggins the #1 pick in his letter about coming home but mentioned Waiters. Lebron is essentially the GM of the Cavs right now.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 386

Post#8 » by hyberx » Tue Jun 2, 2015 1:38 am

It's so funny to see all these hate about LeBron being a ring chaser. How did Kevin Garnet got rewarded for his loyalty before he jumped ship? What happened when the teams trade players like they are some commodities? Just like what you are seeing with the Heat right now, screwing Wade for all his loyalty. But business is business, they say. LeBron did the right thing for himself, just like any teams would do for their own sake.

Oh, BTW, looong time GSW fan here and I don't want to see LeBron winning another ring this year. Still, I believe he is the only worthy candidate to be in GOAT discussion with MJ. If I have a choice to start a franchise between choosing LeBron or Curry, I would take LeBron in a heart beat. Got to give credit when credit is due.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#9 » by 2thehoopand1 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 7:51 am

Jazzing wrote:

What sacrifice?

He helped a bad player to earn an unmerited money. Wade is almost as worst as drug dealers, planting lies and discord among everyone.

Did you have a bad day ?
Jazzing
Senior

Post#10 » by Jazzing » Tue Jun 2, 2015 11:16 am

2thehoopand1 wrote:
Jazzing wrote:

What sacrifice?

Did you have a bad day ?

It seems that you believe in the lies that Wade tells.

And my post it's pure truth.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#11 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:22 pm

Jazzing wrote:

What sacrifice?

You must hate Wade if you can't see how misguided your own words are.

That "sacrifice" is to the tune of Not a Million, but Millions of Dollars that Wade left on the table.
It's easy to snark and laugh at millions of dollars behind your computer screen, but not so easy when you've earned it.

"unmerited money"? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Drug Dealers earn unmerited money. NBA Players completely earn merited money. It's literally merited through their basketball skill and the opinion of NBA Team Executives.

One of the dumbest posts I've read in a while.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Jazzing
Senior

Post#12 » by Jazzing » Tue Jun 2, 2015 4:38 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
Jazzing wrote:

What sacrifice?

That "sacrifice" is to the tune of Not a Million, but Millions of Dollars that Wade left on the table.
It's easy to snark and laugh at millions of dollars behind your computer screen, but not so easy when you've earned it.

"unmerited money"? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Drug Dealers earn unmerited money. NBA Players completely earn merited money. It's literally merited through their basketball skill and the opinion of NBA Team Executives.

Just one word for you: Meritocracy.

While United States is the greatest country of the world, their regular citizens (like you) are naive.
And all sports are superfluous. Ask guys like Mirza Teletovic and you'll understand a lot more about life itself.

(Klinsmann spoked something similar about Kobe Bryant last year).
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jun 2, 2015 11:01 pm

Jazzing wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:
Jazzing wrote:
What sacrifice?

While United States is the greatest country of the world, their regular citizens (like you) are naive.
And all sports are superfluous. Ask guys like Mirza Teletovic and you'll understand a lot more about life itself.

HAHAHAHA

Do you even know what Meritocracy means? What a hypocrite. Read your original post on how you claim Wade or LeBron earned "Unmerited money" and then come back to me later when you post anything believable or legitimate.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Jazzing
Senior

Post#14 » by Jazzing » Wed Jun 3, 2015 11:23 am

Donnyxc wrote:
Jazzing wrote:
Donnyxc wrote:

HAHAHAHA

Do you even know what Meritocracy means? What a hypocrite. Read your original post on how you claim Wade or LeBron earned "Unmerited money" and then come back to me later when you post anything believable or legitimate.

I was talking about Haslem. Wade made a "sacrifice" for a bad player earn more money... :noway:

Return to Wiretap Discussion