LeBron: Kyrie's Injury 'A Tough Pill To Swallow'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

LeBron: Kyrie's Injury 'A Tough Pill To Swallow'  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 7, 2015 1:02 am

The Golden State Warriors entered The NBA Finals as heavy favorites over the Cleveland Cavaliers and that belief became more pronounced with the season-ending injury to Kyrie Irving.

"[I] understand that we were the underdog coming into the series, and with Kyrie being out, people are writing us off," said LeBron James. "So, I mean, that's fine. That's fine. I'm motivated to get our guys ready to go tomorrow [for Game 2], and we will be ready.''

The Cavaliers trail 1-0 and will need to win four of six without Irving.

"It's a tough pill to swallow," James said. "Obviously, we've been in this situation, but we always knew at some point he'll come back. Now that he's out for the rest of the Finals and out for a period of a long time, first of all, it sucks for him personally. It's a huge blow for our team, especially at this stage.

"You want to try to be as close to full strength as possible throughout these games, especially when you're going against a worthy opponent like we're facing. So it's a tough situation for our team, and guys have to pick up in his absence."

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Re: LeBron: Kyrie's Injury 'A Tough Pill To Swallow' 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jun 7, 2015 3:07 am

RealGM Wiretap wrote:"[I] understand that we were the underdog coming into the series, and with Kyrie being out, people are writing us off," said LeBron James.

You.... Lebron James.... an underdog?

NO WAY!
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#3 » by WarriorsEFC » Sun Jun 7, 2015 10:21 am

all of a sudden Lebron is an underdog? 4 days ago he was arrogant and talking up the Cavs. He was even jawing off during the game about how nobody can stop him.

Enjoy getting swept LeIdiot.
73-9 - GTOAT.
AJ37
Junior
And1: 322

Post#4 » by AJ37 » Sun Jun 7, 2015 2:10 pm

Call me crazy, but isn't this when LeBron needs to be a leader and should be trying to motivate his team? not admitting defeat after 1 game?
castor777
Senior
And1: 112

Post#5 » by castor777 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 12:34 pm

apj37 wrote:Call me crazy, but isn't this when LeBron needs to be a leader and should be trying to motivate his team? not admitting defeat after 1 game?

Sure looked like he gave up and stopped being a leader last night, huh? Whether the Cavs win or lose that game, they're playing their butts off and LeBron only got 3 minutes rest. It's clear how bad he wants this every minute he's on the court, but some of you just want to make up a narrative of cowardice and a guy afraid of the moment, making excuses. How about you just shut up and actually watch the games??
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#6 » by Tdot24 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:48 pm

apj37 wrote:Call me crazy, but isn't this when LeBron needs to be a leader and should be trying to motivate his team? not admitting defeat after 1 game?

Admitting defeat.. how? He's stating the obvious. There's no reason to fluff it up and make it seem like everything is alright. He's basically stating the fact and is trying to use that to fuel his team. This presents a sense of urgency for him and his team. Your number 2 is hurt and he needs the rest of his guys to step up. You're reading too much into his words.

This is where Lebron needs to shine and literally take these guys on his back, which he did last night. He's going to need more games like that from Smith and Delly.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#7 » by ohio » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:51 pm

WarriorsEFC wrote:all of a sudden Lebron is an underdog? 4 days ago he was arrogant and talking up the Cavs. He was even jawing off during the game about how nobody can stop him.

Enjoy getting swept LeIdiot.

castor777
Senior
And1: 112

Post#8 » by castor777 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 2:35 pm

Tdot24 wrote:

Admitting defeat.. how? He's stating the obvious. There's no reason to fluff it up and make it seem like everything is alright. He's basically stating the fact and is trying to use that to fuel his team. This presents a sense of urgency for him and his team. Your number 2 is hurt and he needs the rest of his guys to step up. You're reading too much into his words.

This is where Lebron needs to shine and literally take these guys on his back, which he did last night. He's going to need more games like that from Smith and Delly.

...well he definitely doesn't need more games like that from Smith lol
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#9 » by Tdot24 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 3:17 pm

castor777 wrote:
Tdot24 wrote:

...well he definitely doesn't need more games like that from Smith lol

lol I realized that after I posted my comment. Minus the dumb fouls, he shot the ball well last night. So, to a certain degree, Smith's offense played a part in them winning that game.

Return to Wiretap Discussion