Heat Looking To Trade Mario Chalmers, Chris Andersen

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Heat Looking To Trade Mario Chalmers, Chris Andersen 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:51 pm

The Miami Heat are attempting to trade Mario Chalmers and Chris Andersen to free up salary.

Andersen and Chalmers are due a combined $9.3 million next season.

The Heat figure to have luxury tax issues with the expected free agencies of Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade and Luol Deng.

Via Ramona Shelburne, Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Rayzor
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Heat Looking To Trade Mario Chalmers, Chris Andersen 

Post#2 » by Rayzor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:38 am

I wonder if Mesai and Riley would be interested in Terrance Ross and 20th pick for Mario Chalmers and 10th pick.
Miami would get insurance at the SG position (Wade health/contract situation). Financially, Miami would save $2.2 million in salary (Chalmers to Ross and 10th to 20th) and the luxury tax ramification.
Toronto would get insurance at the back PG position (Lou Williams contract situation). Adding defensive player and championship experience would be good for a young team.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Rayzor wrote:I wonder if Mesai and Riley would be interested in Terrance Ross and 20th pick for Mario Chalmers and 10th pick.
Miami would get insurance at the SG position (Wade health/contract situation). Financially, Miami would save $2.2 million in salary (Chalmers to Ross and 10th to 20th) and the luxury tax ramification.
Toronto would get insurance at the back PG position (Lou Williams contract situation). Adding defensive player and championship experience would be good for a young team.

I think the Raptors would expect more than Mario/10th unless they have someone specific in mind at that pick for this year's draft. The way Masai talked about him (whether to raise stock or honest opinion) last year makes it seem like he is a huge potential & would command a fair price/offer to be traded.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#4 » by Chris3323 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:
Rayzor wrote:I wonder if Mesai and Riley would be interested in Terrance Ross and 20th pick for Mario Chalmers and 10th pick.

I think the Raptors would expect more than Mario/10th unless they have someone specific in mind at that pick for this year's draft. The way Masai talked about him (whether to raise stock or honest opinion) last year makes it seem like he is a huge potential & would command a fair price/offer to be traded.

IF they go to the Cavs, im done !

Return to Wiretap Discussion