Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 77,577
And1: 212
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 pm

After his release from the Milwaukee Bucks before July 1, Caron Butler has emerged as a candidate for the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs, a league source told RealGM.


The Lakers and New York Knicks also expect to make an inquiry on Butler, a 13-year NBA veteran who has averaged 14.3 points and 5.1 rebounds for his career.


Each of the contending teams -- Bulls, Clippers and Spurs -- interested in Butler will have a wing need this offseason, and the 35-year-old has either played for or considered each in the past.


Butler scored 5.9 points while shooting 37.9 percent from three-point range in 78 games last season with the Detroit Pistons.


The Bucks plan to waive Butler and Shawne Williams before their guarantee date on June 30, barring an unexpected deal, sources told RealGM.


Butler has played for eight different teams over his 13 seasons.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,137
And1: 12,915
Joined: Feb 02, 2012
Contact:

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#2 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 pm

How are that many teams interested in Caron Butler?
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
MitchB3
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,546
And1: 78
Joined: Jul 04, 2014
 

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:06 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:How are that many teams interested in Caron Butler?



Good Leader on and off the court; won a championship, he's still a solid defender (even though he lost a step or two), he can shoot 3's, and has something the NBA is starting to lack and that is toughness. Does that answer your question?
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,296
And1: 430
Joined: Dec 14, 2013

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#4 » by ralphisBullsFan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 pm

3 and D guys are hard to come by for little money would be my guess
User avatar
knicksup19
Pro Prospect
Posts: 894
And1: 200
Joined: Jul 19, 2008

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#5 » by knicksup19 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:49 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:How are that many teams interested in Caron Butler?



Good Leader on and off the court; won a championship, he's still a solid defender (even though he lost a step or two), he can shoot 3's, and has something the NBA is starting to lack and that is toughness. Does that answer your question?


I swear if your not lebron casual fans cant see your value.
ImageThe big three in the House!!! LOL]
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,137
And1: 12,915
Joined: Feb 02, 2012
Contact:

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#6 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 am

knicksup19 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:How are that many teams interested in Caron Butler?



Good Leader on and off the court; won a championship, he's still a solid defender (even though he lost a step or two), he can shoot 3's, and has something the NBA is starting to lack and that is toughness. Does that answer your question?


I swear if your not lebron casual fans cant see your value.

Oh, God. He's a far cry from Lebron James there buddy and I was partially being sarcastic because while he was an exceptional basketball player, I never liked him.

He's 35 years old, he may be tough, but there isn't anything that paints him as being a solid defender anymore. He's a solid 3 point shooter, that's about it.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
User avatar
Phreak50
Analyst
Posts: 3,487
And1: 5,516
Joined: Feb 01, 2014

Re: Caron Butler Expected To Field Interest From Bulls, Clippers, Spurs 

Post#7 » by Phreak50 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:18 am

Not a single Spurs fan would have any interest in this guy.

Inconsistent, cocky and now old.

Return to Wiretap Discussion