Re: Suns Hope To Pursue LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love In Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Suns Hope To Pursue LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love In Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:16 pm

The Phoenix Suns plan to start their free agency with pursuits of LaMarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love.

The Suns are not permitted to comment on free agents but said they will be aggressive. They will also have another priority in Brandon Knight.

"We're going to be aggressive and target the best players," McDonough said. "I think you'll see us go after the top guys. We hope to get meetings with some of the top free agents and sell them on all Phoenix has to offer.

"You win big in this league with elite players. We had some success over the past couple years, not as much as we'd like this past year, but we're going to be aggressive. There's a great history and tradition here. You saw how a player like Steve Nash transforms an organization when he arrives. We'd be doing a disservice to ourselves and our fans if we didn't go after the top guys."

Via Paul Coro/Arizona Republic

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 pm

Lol Aldridge is apparently meeting with 6 teams - spurs, mavs, rockets, hawks, lakers and knicks. If reports are true he has already told the blazers he isn't coming back it's clear he is only considering contenders (especially from his homestate) and big market teams. Lol I don't even think suns could offer a better pitch than the lakers and knicks who each have high lottery picks and and a playoff tested veteran on their rosters.
ryguy3711
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#3 » by ryguy3711 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 am

Hahaha. I am a life long Suns fan, but I'm sorry, this won't happen. I love that the story is not about any actual interest in the Suns, but just that the Suns are interested in the best players. Guess what, McD, just about every team in the league would pay a lot of money for Love and Aldridge. I understand the knocks against each of them, but realistically, almost every GM would pay them the max. Suns need a superstar to be relevant. But they will have to trade for one, although that is unrealistic with the current roster too. Phoenix has a terrible history of attracting big free agents. While I hope that changes, I don't think it will.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 am

ryguy3711 wrote:Hahaha. I am a life long Suns fan, but I'm sorry, this won't happen. I love that the story is not about any actual interest in the Suns, but just that the Suns are interested in the best players. Guess what, McD, just about every team in the league would pay a lot of money for Love and Aldridge. I understand the knocks against each of them, but realistically, almost every GM would pay them the max. Suns need a superstar to be relevant. But they will have to trade for one, although that is unrealistic with the current roster too. Phoenix has a terrible history of attracting big free agents. While I hope that changes, I don't think it will.

Suns are dysfunctional and they are still owned by that cheapskate Robert Sarver. Are they building through the draft or trying to get into the playoffs. They seem to change their mind each year at the trade deadline. They also seem to have a fettish for acquiring and trading point guards back and forth. Aldridge and Love have spent the majority of their career son organizations that screwed up draft picks and missed the playoffs they want to be on teams that have championship aspirations both in the short and long term. Lol I'm also pretty sure the suns also met with Lebron's agent last summer like they honestly had a chance of him choosing them over the cavs or heat.

Return to Wiretap Discussion