Dwyane Wade Opts For Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Dwyane Wade Opts For Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Dwyane Wade has decided not to pick up his player option for the 15-16 season to become a free agent.

Wade is seeking a long-term deal and is believed to be far apart on years and dollars with the Miami Heat.

Wade has given up money over the years to help Miami's salary cap to sign other players, including opting out last year.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

AJ37
Junior
And1: 322

Re: Dwyane Wade Opts For Free Agency 

Post#2 » by AJ37 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:37 pm

You know that horrible feeling you got in the pit of your stomach as a kid when you broke something in the house and you knew your parents were gonna be mad as hell..
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Heat should give him his $$$.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:11 pm

This is a good sign - he lowered his demands from 3 years 60M like 2 weeks ago to 3 years 48M. There is no way the Heat let Wade walk because of the damage it would do to the franchise in recruiting future free agents as well as the negative message it would send to the fans. Another point to note is that Wade and Bosh have the same agent. Pretty sure if Wade bolts, Bosh could potentially demand a trade since his friendship with Wade was one of the reasons he choose to resign with the heat post lebron instead of taking the max offers thrown to him from the likes of rockets and the lakers last summer.
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#5 » by olive_triangurl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 pm

apj37 wrote:You know that horrible feeling you got in the pit of your stomach as a kid when you broke something in the house and you knew your parents were gonna be mad as hell..

I've never broken anything.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#6 » by MegaK » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:32 pm

The Heat need to do right by Wade. I can't believe this is still a lingering issue. Wade should get the chance to retire on the Heat. The man is a Heat legend. He brought 3 championships to South Beach which happen to be the only 3 championships the Heat have ever won. Not to mention the money he helped generate for the Team getting Lebron and Bosh to come over to the Heat while all 3 of them took discount contracts to play together. I kind of see why Lebron got out of there. This is absolutely despicable (Stephen A Smith voice). This is a bad look Riley, don't go down like this.
MF Danger Mouse
Junior
And1: 77

Post#7 » by MF Danger Mouse » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Come home for the low
Black Lives Matter
TheRock
Sophomore
And1: 968

Post#8 » by TheRock » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:35 pm

The Rock says this. Wade, your monkey ass better sign for the vet minimum or The Rock is going to personally take you for a ride on Know you role blvd.. hang that right on Jabroni drive and check your candy ass into the smackdown hotel!
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#9 » by johnnyballgame » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:26 am

TheRock wrote:The Rock says this. Wade, your monkey ass better sign for the vet minimum or The Rock is going to personally take you for a ride on Know you role blvd.. hang that right on Jabroni drive and check your candy ass into the smackdown hotel!

He's definitely not smelling what you're cooking.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#10 » by johnnyballgame » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:33 am

Sam195 wrote:This is a good sign - he lowered his demands from 3 years 60M like 2 weeks ago to 3 years 48M. There is no way the Heat let Wade walk because of the damage it would do to the franchise in recruiting future free agents as well as the negative message it would send to the fans. Another point to note is that Wade and Bosh have the same agent. Pretty sure if Wade bolts, Bosh could potentially demand a trade since his friendship with Wade was one of the reasons he choose to resign with the heat post lebron instead of taking the max offers thrown to him from the likes of rockets and the lakers last summer.

I don't think the 3 years and $48 million is correct. He opted out of $16.125 million. Yes, he likely seeks the security of a multi-year deal but isn't that just signing him to a short extension that makes both parties happy?

I'd be worried if I was a Heat fan as signs are pointing to him leaving via a sign and trade in my humble opinion.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
basktballjones
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#11 » by basktballjones » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 am

TheRock wrote:The Rock says this. Wade, your monkey ass better sign for the vet minimum or The Rock is going to personally take you for a ride on Know you role blvd.. hang that right on Jabroni drive and check your candy ass into the smackdown hotel!

do u like poontang pie. 8-) it doesn't matter what u like. sit down, shut up, and know u role "a fan".
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 am

johnnyballgame wrote:
Sam195 wrote:This is a good sign - he lowered his demands from 3 years 60M like 2 weeks ago to 3 years 48M. There is no way the Heat let Wade walk because of the damage it would do to the franchise in recruiting future free agents as well as the negative message it would send to the fans. Another point to note is that Wade and Bosh have the same agent. Pretty sure if Wade bolts, Bosh could potentially demand a trade since his friendship with Wade was one of the reasons he choose to resign with the heat post lebron instead of taking the max offers thrown to him from the likes of rockets and the lakers last summer.

I don't think the 3 years and $48 million is correct. He opted out of $16.125 million. Yes, he likely seeks the security of a multi-year deal but isn't that just signing him to a short extension that makes both parties happy?

I'd be worried if I was a Heat fan as signs are pointing to him leaving via a sign and trade in my humble opinion.

The max term wade can get on his new contract from any team including the heat is 3 years cause of the over 36 rule in the cba. The nba predicts the majority of players retire by age 36 so to prevent cap circumvention they force all player contracts to end the year said player turns 36. Players who are still physically able can sign a new multi year deal starting the season they turn 37.

Return to Wiretap Discussion