Tyson Chandler, Suns Agree Upon Contract

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tyson Chandler, Suns Agree Upon Contract 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:16 pm

Tyson Chandler has agreed to sign with the Phoenix Suns.

Chandler is a free agent after spending last season with the Dallas Mavericks.

Chandler was traded back to the Mavericks from the New York Knicks last offseason.

The Suns are bringing Chandler into their meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge as part of their pitch.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Re: Tyson Chandler, Suns Agree Upon Contract 

Post#2 » by SlobbaN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank god this pretentious scrub is off our team!
dmutt
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#3 » by dmutt » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:38 pm

SlobbaN wrote:Thank god this pretentious scrub is off our team!

The article said Tyson Chandler, not Rajon Rondo.

As a fellow Mavs fan it's too early to say but so far I'm not intrigued by the moves so far. We'll see if they even get DeAndre Jordan or Wesley Matthews or even both. I do wish they were keeping Aminu :(
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#4 » by SlobbaN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:42 pm

dmutt wrote:

As a fellow Mavs fan it's too early to say but so far I'm not intrigued by the moves so far. We'll see if they even get DeAndre Jordan or Wesley Matthews or even both. I do wish they were keeping Aminu :(

Yep, I liked Aminu a lot and I think 7,5 per year is very fair, considering nobodies like Caroll get 15. We've been suspiciously quite so far, don't know what to make out of it...
DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Post#5 » by DrClutch » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:47 pm

what?!!! Chandlers d and number will decline why the suns offer him that much when they have Len? and could have gotta Pekovic & rubio from the twolves for bledsoe & a morris
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#6 » by Chris3323 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:49 pm

Okay, with this Core of Chandler, Bledsoe, Knight, Morris twins IF they were to add Aldridge could be a force in the West.
dmutt
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#7 » by dmutt » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:53 pm

SlobbaN wrote:
dmutt wrote:

Yep, I liked Aminu a lot and I think 7,5 per year is very fair, considering nobodies like Caroll get 15. We've been suspiciously quite so far, don't know what to make out of it...

Yeah me too, hopefully the Mavs will hit yet another home-run in finding another former lottery bust turned diamond in the rough on the very cheap. Who is next? Bismack Biyombo, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams or dare to even say Ekpe Udoh?
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#8 » by imDatknicksTape » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:04 pm

$52 mil for this piece of over-rated trash. Oh my jeezus. what are Gms thinking. hes only worth like not even $5 mil a year. smh.
LaKerSpAin
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#9 » by LaKerSpAin » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:08 pm

4 years and that much money for a Chandler at 32 yrs...I don't get it, unless he miraculously stays healthy for the most part of those 4 years, this is bad news for Phoenix who won't get LaMarcus for sure and offer 70M to Knight, they will be the same near playoff team they were last year.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#10 » by BallerTalk » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:47 pm

Things aren't looking particularly good for the Mavs at the moment.
They've lost Rondo, Chandler, and Aminu and apparently will lose Ellis as well. All with nothing in return.
That's three starters and a key reserve from a team that was only a 7th and 8th seed the last two seasons already.

With Dirk's age starting to show and Parsons coming off knee surgery, you have to wonder if there's enough there to appeal to DeAndre Jordan or LaMarcus Aldridge.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#11 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:30 pm

LaKerSpAin wrote:4 years and that much money for a Chandler at 32 yrs...I don't get it, unless he miraculously stays healthy for the most part of those 4 years, this is bad news for Phoenix who won't get LaMarcus for sure and offer 70M to Knight, they will be the same near playoff team they were last year.

Ah, don't be mad that the Lakers haven't signed anyone yet.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#12 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:55 pm

Dude's been on a lot of teams. He's flaky so I wonder is it because he's bounced around or is the bouncing around a product of his flakyness? I leave you with that one to think about...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#13 » by lonea » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:11 pm

Suns obviously added him for veteran leadership and to give Len some needed competition and mentor.

Not to mention they needed to solidify their defense for crunch time. That's where the Suns lacked last season, which probably caused them a playoff spot.

With the cap going way up in the next few season, it's McDonaugh just added another asset. No doubt Chandler will be a tradebait.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Post#14 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:32 pm

This was the smartest move I've seen anyone in the Aldridge sweepstakes make. Aldridge has been adamant about not playing center, which is what he would be doing with most of the teams trying to sign him. The Spurs trading away Splitter to make room for LA actually hurts their case. I'm not saying the Suns get LA, just that it was a smart play.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#15 » by your boy » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:39 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:This was the smartest move I've seen anyone in the Aldridge sweepstakes make. Aldridge has been adamant about not playing center, which is what he would be doing with most of the teams trying to sign him. The Spurs trading away Splitter to make room for LA actually hurts their case. I'm not saying the Suns get LA, just that it was a smart play.

I don't think trading Splitter affects anything, he wasn't starting
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:28 am

your boy wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:This was the smartest move I've seen anyone in the Aldridge sweepstakes make. Aldridge has been adamant about not playing center, which is what he would be doing with most of the teams trying to sign him. The Spurs trading away Splitter to make room for LA actually hurts their case. I'm not saying the Suns get LA, just that it was a smart play.

It means more minutes at the 5 for Aldridge. He defends centers better than he does PF's but he really doesn't want to play center. He's never been paired with a defensive center like Chandler and I'm sure it's looking attractive to him right now. Still, him signing with the Suns would be surprising to say the least.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#17 » by your boy » Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:02 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
your boy wrote:

It means more minutes at the 5 for Aldridge. He defends centers better than he does PF's but he really doesn't want to play center. He's never been paired with a defensive center like Chandler and I'm sure it's looking attractive to him right now. Still, him signing with the Suns would be surprising to say the least.

To be fair, I think Chandler going there was pretty surprising

Return to Wiretap Discussion