LaMarcus Aldridge Grants Lakers 2nd Meeting; Considering Visits

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LaMarcus Aldridge Grants Lakers 2nd Meeting; Considering Visits 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:03 pm

LaMarcus Aldridge is considering taking a free agent visit or two as he continues to weigh his decision.

Aldridge is believed to be most strongly considering the Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs.

But the Los Angeles Lakers have been granted a second meeting by Aldridge.

One source briefed on the Lakers second meeting with Aldridge told Yahoo Sports: "They want to see if they can get it right."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Jazzing
Senior
And1: 215

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge Grants Lakers 2nd Meeting; Considering Visits 

Post#2 » by Jazzing » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:12 pm

So much drama.
Aldrige isn't so good to demand so much attention.
Notas A3
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Notas A3 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:17 pm

Jazzing wrote:So much drama.

Have you considered that if he is getting that much attention is because he is worth it. Or do you presume that GMs are dumb and following the wishes of a random guy?
Let's Go Sixers!
Jazzing
Senior

Post#4 » by Jazzing » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:21 pm

Notas A3 wrote:

Have you considered that if he is getting that much attention is because he is worth it. Or do you presume that GMs are dumb and following the wishes of a random guy?

I simply dislike him and his ego. (plus: his 46% FG last season)
Americans for US have a ton of money to do everything and I don't presume that I am more smart than these people.
asuran
Senior
And1: 274

Post#5 » by asuran » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:24 pm

IMO he's been fairly OK.

He's getting on the news because he's a coveted player. And reporters need to report something. Better him than some random no-name bench player who doesn't change a thing if he moved.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,857

Post#6 » by nikster » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:46 pm

he is a perennial all star and will have a big impact on the future of any franchise to sign him. He is getting all the attention for good reason
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant
And1: 77

Post#7 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:53 pm

nikster wrote:

he is a perennial all star and will have a big impact on the future of any franchise to sign him. He is getting all the attention for good reason

Chris Bosh. Helped convinced LeBron to go to Miami. 2 Championships.
Missin' you already. God speed, gentle giant.
madtrap347
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#8 » by madtrap347 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:55 pm

He didn't do anything wrong. You can't fault a man for taking his time and talking to teams. The reporters are reporting it.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#9 » by your boy » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:31 pm

ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
nikster wrote:

Nope that was wade.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#10 » by totalrekall » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:07 pm

Aldridge is one of the best players in the league. not getting the recognition he deserves is one of the main reasons he wants to play for a team w/ more national and global exposure
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#11 » by Shem » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:16 pm

Jazzing wrote:
Notas A3 wrote:

I simply dislike him and his ego. (plus: his 46% FG last season)
Americans for US have a ton of money to do everything and I don't presume that I am more smart than these people.

What ego?
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#12 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:46 pm

LMA Decision Equation=

PDX = $$$
LAX = Ego
Spurs = Ring
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:19 am

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Aldridge canceled the meeting when it became clear the Knicks view Aldridge as a center, which he is adamant about not wanting to do.

This is why the Suns move to get Chandler was so smart... and why the Spurs moving Splitter was not so smart. Duncan has never wanted to play center either so it was a questionable move, despite the fact that they needed the room to potentially sign Aldridge. I can't imagine that the Lakers won't be playing him at center.
Jazzing
Senior

Post#14 » by Jazzing » Fri Jul 3, 2015 12:19 pm

totalrekall wrote:Aldridge is one of the best players in the league. not getting the recognition he deserves is one of the main reasons he wants to play for a team w/ more national and global exposure

Recognition? He doesn't deserve anything. What he have done?
His a medium/good player with good stats, but he isn't a superstar.
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:15 pm

your boy wrote:
ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
nikster wrote:he is a perennial all star and will have a big impact on the future of any franchise to sign him. He is getting all the attention for good reason

Nope that was wade.

Nope. Wade was already there. He wouldn't have agreed to go to Miami unless Bosh was there, too.
your boy
Banned User

Post#16 » by your boy » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:50 pm

ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
your boy wrote:
ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:

Nope that was wade.

Nope. Wade was already there. He wouldn't have agreed to go to Miami unless Bosh was there, too.

LeBron wanted the Heat to go after Amare, Bosh didn't convince LeBron to do sh*t
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Fri Jul 3, 2015 4:51 pm

your boy wrote:
ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
your boy wrote:Nope that was wade.

LeBron wanted the Heat to go after Amare, Bosh didn't convince LeBron to do sh*t

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/100708&sportCat=nba

The minute Wade and Bosh chose Miami is the minute The Decision was made. James can (and did) frame it any way he wants, but if winning a championship was his No. 1 priority -- and he said weeks and weeks ago that it was -- then the Heat made the most sense, followed closely by the Bulls.

Everyone knows that Bosh decided to go to Miami first, and that was what put Miami over the top in LeBron's eyes. I vaguely remember that Stoudemire thing, but I think that was after the first season. But for what it is, LeBron chose Miami because both Wade and Bosh committed first. Bosh wasn't the only reason that he chose to change teams, but you can bet your life that he played a huge role.

Also, there was this:
http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/7/6/1554543/broussard-lebron-wants-chris-bosh
your boy
Banned User

Post#18 » by your boy » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:58 am

ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
your boy wrote:
ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/100708&sportCat=nba

The minute Wade and Bosh chose Miami is the minute The Decision was made. James can (and did) frame it any way he wants, but if winning a championship was his No. 1 priority -- and he said weeks and weeks ago that it was -- then the Heat made the most sense, followed closely by the Bulls.

Everyone knows that Bosh decided to go to Miami first, and that was what put Miami over the top in LeBron's eyes. I vaguely remember that Stoudemire thing, but I think that was after the first season. But for what it is, LeBron chose Miami because both Wade and Bosh committed first. Bosh wasn't the only reason that he chose to change teams, but you can bet your life that he played a huge role.

Also, there was this:

Are you kidding me? LeBron wanted anyone in Miami, the second best player was fuc*ing Mo Williams. Him and Wade wanted to play together. LeBron probably would have went to Miami even if Bosh didn't, what was he gonna do? Stay in Cleveland and play with Mo Williams? Him and Wade were both top 5 players and were both sick of carrying teams by themselves. Bosh was also a free agent so of course they wanted him to go there too, but there are plenty of other big men LeBron would have been more than happy to play with in Cleveland or Miami.

And Bosh was not the first to choose Miami, him and Wade announced it at the same time, and I find it hard to believe that LeBron didn't tell them he was going at the same time, he just wanted an hour long tv show to announce his decision.
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:17 pm

your boy wrote:
ILLuMiNAUGHTY wrote:
your boy wrote:

Also, there was this:

Are you kidding me? LeBron wanted anyone in Miami, the second best player was fuc*ing Mo Williams. Him and Wade wanted to play together. LeBron probably would have went to Miami even if Bosh didn't, what was he gonna do? Stay in Cleveland and play with Mo Williams? Him and Wade were both top 5 players and were both sick of carrying teams by themselves. Bosh was also a free agent so of course they wanted him to go there too, but there are plenty of other big men LeBron would have been more than happy to play with in Cleveland or Miami.

And Bosh was not the first to choose Miami, him and Wade announced it at the same time, and I find it hard to believe that LeBron didn't tell them he was going at the same time, he just wanted an hour long tv show to announce his decision.

However you may believe, there's multiple reports contradicting your version. And I can't find the quote right now, but James said himself at one point that the one NBA player that he wanted on his team (even before Wade) was Chris Bosh.

Return to Wiretap Discussion