Kevin Garnett, Wolves Agree Upon New Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Garnett, Wolves Agree Upon New Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:42 pm

Kevin Garnett and the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a new deal. Terms of the deal are not yet known.

Garnett returned to the Wolves in February in a trade with the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young.

"I'm incredibly excited and rejuvenated to be a part of this talented, committed team," said Garnett.

Via Darren Wolfson/KSTP

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Kevin Garnett, Wolves Agree Upon New Deal 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:03 pm

This is epic for Towns & all the other fresh blood on that team. Getting your game mentality from Garnett is priceless, hopefully they get it and play hard night in/out.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#3 » by Thorn » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:51 pm

He has an intensity about him for sure.
BasketballJosh
Junior
And1: 35

Post#4 » by BasketballJosh » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:30 pm

ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSSSSSIBLE!!!!!!!
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:34 pm

For those who don't understand KG,
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2421236-a-man-in-full-the-many-sides-of-kevin-garnett-the-player-who-changed-the-nba

One of the best reads in a long time.

The young guys in Sota are lucky he's there. There are some things you just can't teach players, KG had all those things.

"

"He had that right from the beginning—he was always extremely intense," says Saunders, Garnett's coach for his first 10 seasons.

"Every day," says former teammate Sam Mitchell. "Practice or game, you could not tell the difference."

Our first practice was at my high school…and I'm watching him run up and down the court, block everybody's shot, yelling, shooting threes, coming down, pushing the ball full court. I was like, man, I ain't never seen nothing like this before. And then all of a sudden, the gym was all filled up and everybody was in there watching him. ... Every time he blocked a shot, he screamed to the top of his lungs, or dunked and he's yelling as loud as he could. I was just looking like, "Man, this dude is intense." If you didn't match his intensity, then he didn't want you out there."
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#6 » by EddieJonesFan » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:42 pm

I am so happy he's with Minnesota again. How huge is it for the identity of that franchise for their best player ever to be there mentoring and leading their new young team? He is the Timberwolves and all these young guys, who probably watched him growing up, get to experience him up close and personal and teach them what it is to play for that franchise. Towns is one lucky guy if you ask me, he needs to pick up everything he can from him.
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#7 » by Sky High » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:34 pm

This is great for the Wolves.

I'd actually be interested in watching some of the T-Wolves' training camp and practices just to see how KG is around the young guys. Probably scares the living **** out of them.
spin_cycle
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#8 » by spin_cycle » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:35 pm

21st season for KG. Going to equal Chief Rob Parish' record.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#9 » by dautjazz » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:01 pm

22 seasons! DAMN! That's long career! He'll be ending the contract at 41, which is damn impressive considering he started in the NBA at 19, right out of high school.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#10 » by totalrekall » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:59 pm

what is KGs appeal? this is the player you want mentoring your young guns? seriously? fake tough guy who made a fool of himself for years. should have been forced into retirement 3 years ago. this is ridiculous
lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#11 » by lekasjeda » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:16 pm

totalrekall wrote:what is KGs appeal? this is the player you want mentoring your young guns? seriously? fake tough guy who made a fool of himself for years. should have been forced into retirement 3 years ago. this is ridiculous

He's one of the hardest workers in the NBA. It'll teach the other guys to work hard
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#12 » by LaRance » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:05 pm

totalrekall wrote:what is KGs appeal? this is the player you want mentoring your young guns? seriously? fake tough guy who made a fool of himself for years. should have been forced into retirement 3 years ago. this is ridiculous

^ there's always that one guy lol smh
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Re: Re: Kevin Garnett, Wolves Agree Upon New Deal 

Post#13 » by jirrit » Wed Jul 8, 2015 12:00 am

lol
whitesideformip
Junior
And1: 228

Post#14 » by whitesideformip » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:20 am

spin_cycle wrote:21st season for KG. Going to equal Chief Rob Parish' record.

Don't forget Kevin Willis too. Seems like he played for eternity.
Ain't nobody respect my opinion on this damn forum :noway:
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#15 » by 2hard2guard » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:49 am

Should be retired ! Wtf are these people signing a worthless piece of drift wood
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#16 » by Sir Cruz » Wed Jul 8, 2015 5:38 am

2hard2guard wrote:Should be retired ! Wtf are these people signing a worthless piece of drift wood

Ticket sales. All about the money. Basically he's going to get paid to yell at some talented ass kids and slap them around when their not on the best behaviour.

Return to Wiretap Discussion