Mavs, Bucks Close To Zaza Pachulia Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am

The Dallas Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks are closing in on a deal involving Zaza Pachulia.

The Mavericks will use their cap space to acquire Pachulia that became available with DeAndre Jordan backing out of his deal with the team.

Pachulia became an extra big in the Bucks' rotation with their signing of Greg Monroe.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

BeGreezy
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Mavs, Bucks Close To Zaza Pachulia Trade 

Post#2 » by BeGreezy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 am

Just like when they tried to get Dwight and failed, they got Dalembert... This time they get Zaza...
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Sir Cruz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:44 am

Oh man........
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#4 » by Sam195 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:27 am

If I'm Cuban and the Mavs - I give Brooklyn a call and try to trade for Deron Williams. Mavs should offer ray felton's expiring along with 2nd round picks. Brooklyn may seriously consider this deal since they are facing a historic repeater tax bill this season if they don't unload Joe Johnson or Deron Williams. Mavs have the cap space to eat up most of Dwill's contract without sending much salary back. Williams will be entering a contract year (he has an opt out for 16-17) and a new situation especially in his hometown maybe enough to reboot his career. Williams when he played well is a much better fit for the offense that Carlisle and the Mavs play than rondo ever was. Nets already have Jarett Jack on the roster so they don't necessarily need to sign another starting point guard if they dump Williams. Pacers unloaded Roy Hibbert to the lakers for a 2nd round pick and like Williams he had good value 2 or so seasons ago. Dwill's contract is bigger so he should fetch a similar price.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 758

Post#5 » by kacey ring » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:39 am

This was probably plan G prior to the offseason starting.

Feel bad for Dirk, Cuban has tried and tried to set Dirk with a team to make a few more cracks at it. 1 playoff win since their championship.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:55 am

Sam195 wrote:If I'm Cuban and the Mavs - I give Brooklyn a call and try to trade for Deron Williams. Mavs should offer ray felton's expiring along with 2nd round picks. Brooklyn may seriously consider this deal since they are facing a historic repeater tax bill this season if they don't unload Joe Johnson or Deron Williams. Mavs have the cap space to eat up most of Dwill's contract without sending much salary back. Williams will be entering a contract year (he has an opt out for 16-17) and a new situation especially in his hometown maybe enough to reboot his career. Williams when he played well is a much better fit for the offense that Carlisle and the Mavs play than rondo ever was. Nets already have Jarett Jack on the roster so they don't necessarily need to sign another starting point guard if they dump Williams. Pacers unloaded Roy Hibbert to the lakers for a 2nd round pick and like Williams he had good value 2 or so seasons ago. Dwill's contract is bigger so he should fetch a similar price.

Hey Deron... is that you?
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#7 » by Freefloater » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:10 am

good pick up by my mavs.. zaza is one of the most underrated big men
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 928

Post#8 » by Captain_Obvious » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:37 am

Championship time in Dallas! But it will be nothing easy...
KingKellz
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#9 » by KingKellz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:05 am

Freefloater wrote:good pick up by my mavs.. zaza is one of the most underrated big men

:lol: :lol: :lol:
KingKellz
Sophomore

Post#10 » by KingKellz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 am

Sam195 wrote:If I'm Cuban and the Mavs - I give Brooklyn a call and try to trade for Deron Williams. Mavs should offer ray felton's expiring along with 2nd round picks. Brooklyn may seriously consider this deal since they are facing a historic repeater tax bill this season if they don't unload Joe Johnson or Deron Williams. Mavs have the cap space to eat up most of Dwill's contract without sending much salary back. Williams will be entering a contract year (he has an opt out for 16-17) and a new situation especially in his hometown maybe enough to reboot his career. Williams when he played well is a much better fit for the offense that Carlisle and the Mavs play than rondo ever was. Nets already have Jarett Jack on the roster so they don't necessarily need to sign another starting point guard if they dump Williams. Pacers unloaded Roy Hibbert to the lakers for a 2nd round pick and like Williams he had good value 2 or so seasons ago. Dwill's contract is bigger so he should fetch a similar price.

You called it...According to Mark Stein that's what their trying to do
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 470

Post#11 » by foreigngrammar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:20 am

KingKellz wrote:
Freefloater wrote:good pick up by my mavs.. zaza is one of the most underrated big men

What's so :lol: about this?
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#12 » by ralphisBullsFan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:12 am

Cuban put in an under the table bonus for him when he plays the Clippers...watch your back DJ
KingKellz
Sophomore

Post#13 » by KingKellz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:29 am

foreigngrammar wrote:
KingKellz wrote:

What's so :lol: about this?

Lol @the trolling...that had to be a troll post... Mavs are enroute to lose 60 games..Zaza LMAOOOO!!!!!
KingKellz
Sophomore

Post#14 » by KingKellz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:30 am

So Kobe get's ragged on for getting his money and Dirk takes a significant pay cut to help Mavs land Zaza :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,191

Post#15 » by cedric76 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:35 am

Zaza is actually good and very underrated, if u can see that you have obviously not watch him play.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#16 » by Cassius » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:40 am

kacey ring wrote:This was probably plan G prior to the offseason starting.

Feel bad for Dirk, Cuban has tried and tried to set Dirk with a team to make a few more cracks at it. 1 playoff win since their championship

Letting Chandler go the first time was a real future altering mistake. They should have re-signed him and then traded him after one year if they really wanted Dwight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Re: 

Post#17 » by Thorn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:09 am

cedric76 wrote:Zaza is actually good and very underrated, if u can see that you have obviously not watch him play.

This is true, he is excellent, and efficient... and he is tough. I respect the hell out of the guy. Great addition.
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#18 » by greggschapiro » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 pm

He's an excellent Passer too. As a bucks fan I can tell you he's solid.
KingKellz
Sophomore

Post#19 » by KingKellz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Mavs fans is like the guy getting dumped by the pretty girl...and have to accept taking the short fat ugly girl with glasses to the senior prom...and telling themselves "well....she's actually cute" ..Zaza..LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#20 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:05 pm

KingKellz wrote:So Kobe get's ragged on for getting his money and Dirk takes a significant pay cut to help Mavs land Zaza :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's karma, for circumventing the cap with those under the table deals between Cuban and Dirk.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Wiretap Discussion