Kings Agree To Contract With Duje Dukan

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kings Agree To Contract With Duje Dukan 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:37 pm

The Sacramento Kings have agreed to a deal with undrafted Wisconsin forward Duje Dukan, league sources told RealGM on Monday.

Dukan's deal with the Kings will contain guarantees, sources said.

Over five summer league games with the Kings, Dukan averaged 9.2 points and 2.4 rebounds while shooting 41.7 percent from three-point land (10-of-24).

Dukan, a native of Deerfield, Ill., played four collegiate seasons at Wisconsin. The 6-foot-10 big man was a redshirt as a junior.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

AllegedRascal
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Kings Agree To Contract With Duje Dukan 

Post#2 » by AllegedRascal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 am

Shocker since he came off the bench at Wisconsin. Duje can definitely hit the 3 though
DD_reynolds
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by DD_reynolds » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:39 pm

One of the most bizarre NBA signings of all-time. Vivek and Vlade do it again.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#4 » by nba2k16 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:54 pm

DD_reynolds wrote:One of the most bizarre NBA signings of all-time. Vivek and Vlade do it again.

Are you surprised? They are the biggest jokes in professional sports right now

Terrible front office is an understatement
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#5 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:37 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
DD_reynolds wrote:One of the most bizarre NBA signings of all-time. Vivek and Vlade do it again.

How is this bizarre? It's essentially a training camp invite with a little bit of guaranteed money. The dude played well in SL so they rewarded h with a chance. What is the point of summer league and the D-League if players can't be signed from there. It's a showcase people.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#6 » by codydaze » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

How is this bizarre? It's essentially a training camp invite with a little bit of guaranteed money. The dude played well in SL so they rewarded h with a chance. What is the point of summer league and the D-League if players can't be signed from there. It's a showcase people.

It's the Sacramento Kings. Anything we do is bizarre and a joke...
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

codydaze wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

I agree that a lot of our moves have looked questionable/stupid in the past, but this offseason looks like a raging win to me. Vlade knows what it's like to win and he is trying to bring it back to Sac. His moves haven't looked very questionable to me at all. They all look like savvy moves. We really haven't ever been able to bring talent to Sac via free agency and we needed that this summer. Somehow Vlade made it happen. The Rondo move looked great because it's low risk/high reward (this is highly debatable, but really what was the better option?). Belineli, Butler, Acy, and Cauley-Stein all look like wonderful additions. Dukan could be a diamond in the rough or he could be horrible. Either way, it's a super low risk/potentially high reward situation.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#8 » by codydaze » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:31 am

kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:How is this bizarre? It's essentially a training camp invite with a little bit of guaranteed money. The dude played well in SL so they rewarded h with a chance. What is the point of summer league and the D-League if players can't be signed from there. It's a showcase people.

I agree that a lot of our moves have looked questionable/stupid in the past, but this offseason looks like a raging win to me. Vlade knows what it's like to win and he is trying to bring it back to Sac. His moves haven't looked very questionable to me at all. They all look like savvy moves. We really haven't ever been able to bring talent to Sac via free agency and we needed that this summer. Somehow Vlade made it happen. The Rondo move looked great because it's low risk/high reward (this is highly debatable, but really what was the better option?). Belineli, Butler, Acy, and Cauley-Stein all look like wonderful additions. Dukan could be a diamond in the rough or he could be horrible. Either way, it's a super low risk/potentially high reward situation.

I totally agree with you, I was being sarcastic to the other guy haha. I think we have a legit shot at fighting for a low playoff seed this year.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:48 am

kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:How is this bizarre? It's essentially a training camp invite with a little bit of guaranteed money. The dude played well in SL so they rewarded h with a chance. What is the point of summer league and the D-League if players can't be signed from there. It's a showcase people.

The better option was Collison. I know he isn't a big name but he had such a good year for his guys considering what he's come from. He's no star PG compared to other guys in the league but certainly much better than Rondo

I know Rondo is the bigger name but the dude is done. Couldn't buy into a system with a world-class coach in Carlisle and world-class leader in Dirk, on a playoff team with some good strong heads in the locker room

How do you think he will perform in Sacramento where he doesn't have that? I don't see him magically improving his shooting

And to those saying he will play better because he is playing for a contract... he was playing for one last year too and we all know how that went
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:55 am

nba2k16 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
codydaze wrote:

The better option was Collison. I know he isn't a big name but he had such a good year for his guys considering what he's come from. He's no star PG compared to other guys in the league but certainly much better than Rondo

I know Rondo is the bigger name but the dude is done. Couldn't buy into a system with a world-class coach in Carlisle and world-class leader in Dirk, on a playoff team with some good strong heads in the locker room

How do you think he will perform in Sacramento where he doesn't have that? I don't see him magically improving his shooting

And to those saying he will play better because he is playing for a contract... he was playing for one last year too and we all know how that went

I agree that Collison is the better option at point. He played so well with Cuz and Gay. He is a great 3rd/4th fiddle. What I meant by Rondo being the best option was by free agency. What other potential needle-movers were going to come to Sac? I think bringing Rondo in gives us a really good 2-headed monster at pg. He was the best option to gamble on. I am content with having him over the contract that Wes Matthews received.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#11 » by nba2k16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:38 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I agree that a lot of our moves have looked questionable/stupid in the past, but this offseason looks like a raging win to me. Vlade knows what it's like to win and he is trying to bring it back to Sac. His moves haven't looked very questionable to me at all. They all look like savvy moves. We really haven't ever been able to bring talent to Sac via free agency and we needed that this summer. Somehow Vlade made it happen. The Rondo move looked great because it's low risk/high reward (this is highly debatable, but really what was the better option?). Belineli, Butler, Acy, and Cauley-Stein all look like wonderful additions. Dukan could be a diamond in the rough or he could be horrible. Either way, it's a super low risk/potentially high reward situation.

I agree that Collison is the better option at point. He played so well with Cuz and Gay. He is a great 3rd/4th fiddle. What I meant by Rondo being the best option was by free agency. What other potential needle-movers were going to come to Sac? I think bringing Rondo in gives us a really good 2-headed monster at pg. He was the best option to gamble on. I am content with having him over the contract that Wes Matthews received.

Better than the Wes contract that's for sure

Okay i see where youre coming from. However, I think I am just someone who thinks the 2-headed PG is overrated and not necessarily a good thing all the time

Sure it provides insurance and a different look but I think this season will really push down Collison's value and his confidence just cause they will want to give Rondo significant minutes

Which to me is counterproductive. But who knows, maybe it will work out and Rondo can find his touch again

Return to Wiretap Discussion