Glenn Robinson III Agrees To Three-Year Deal With Pacers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Glenn Robinson III Agrees To Three-Year Deal With Pacers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Glenn Robinson III has agreed to a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers.

Robinson, 21, became an unrestricted free agent after the Philadelphia 76ers declined to make him a qualifying offer.

Robinson played 35 games in his rookie season for the Minnesota Timberwolves and 76ers, averaging 2.1 points per game.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Praj
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Glenn Robinson III Agrees To Three-Year Deal With Pacers 

Post#2 » by Praj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:47 pm

if the 76ers didn't resign him, possibly there's 2 reasons behind this, they didn't see him going to be worth whatever contract is given, or they are still finding another undrafted rookies that have the potential to be a better player than him and then afterward trade him into a first round pick :o :o
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,187

Post#3 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Something about all of the Pacers moves feels like a true transition year. I am not sure anyone really has a clue what this team will look/play like until they get into training camp. Monta, Jordan Hill, Rakeem Christmas, Myles Turner, Joe Young, GRIII, Budinger, re-signing Stuckey. I mean just a mismash of players to go with Paul George, George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Shayne Whittington and Solomon Hill.

I mean just a weird roster in general.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:40 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Something about all of the Pacers moves feels like a true transition year. I am not sure anyone really has a clue what this team will look/play like until they get into training camp. Monta, Jordan Hill, Rakeem Christmas, Myles Turner, Joe Young, GRIII, Budinger, re-signing Stuckey. I mean just a mismash of players to go with Paul George, George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Shayne Whittington and Solomon Hill.

I mean just a weird roster in general.

Definitely a transition year. Regardless, I figure the Pacers could very well still make playoffs considering the conference. Early results are indicating we had a strong draft but it was also just the SL. Itll be interesting to see how this team plays...Vogel has never really been known as an offensive coach yet we are making a transition into being a bit more of a fast pace/high scoring team. In years past, that offensive style seems to lend itself to poor defense which is totally counter to how the Pacers have played historically. Being a small market team in the Midwest, its always been important to be good defensively because we typically dont attract the high scorers that negate defensive issues. Pacers have been always been my favorite team and I can't think of a decent Pacer squad that wasnt strong defensively. The years that we have been disappointing seem to coincide with the years team being average of worse on the defensive side. I'm not sure how I feel about playing PG at the 4 spot...great player but he doesnt seem to be built for the PF spot. I could see it being a boon offensively but also a mismatch that any decent low post PF could exploit. It should be an interesting year for Pacer fans.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#5 » by nba2k16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:51 am

Praj wrote:if the 76ers didn't resign him, possibly there's 2 reasons behind this, they didn't see him going to be worth whatever contract is given, or they are still finding another undrafted rookies that have the potential to be a better player than him and then afterward trade him into a first round pick :o :o

Good points, but I think its more likely the 3rd reason. They are afraid he will post some decent numbers and hurt the perpetual tank.

Return to Wiretap Discussion