Kings Offer Peja Stojakovic Role In Front Office

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kings Offer Peja Stojakovic Role In Front Office 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:13 pm

The Sacramento Kings have offered Peja Stojakovic a full-time position in their front office, according to sources.

Vlade Divac has reportedly asked Stojakovic to leave Europe and join the Kings in a player personnel role.

Stojakovic's No. 16 jersey was retired by the Kings in December. He attended summer league in Las Vegas with the Kings in a consulting role to Divac earlier this month, but sources say a firm decision on whether the 38-year-old joins them on a permanent basis might not come before September.‎

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Praj
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Kings Offer Peja Stojakovic Role In Front Office 

Post#2 » by Praj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:51 pm

soon mike bibby, bobby jackson, brad miller, chris webber and gerald wallace are joining as well 8-)
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#3 » by teamLeiweke » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:14 am

Praj wrote:soon mike bibby, bobby jackson, brad miller, chris webber and gerald wallace are joining as well 8-)

Lol.

Don't forget about Doug Christie and White Chocolate as well :)
Red Star
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#4 » by Red Star » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:08 am

teamColangelo wrote:
Praj wrote:soon mike bibby, bobby jackson, brad miller, chris webber and gerald wallace are joining as well 8-)

Lol.

Throw in Scott Pollard while we are at it :D
BROTHERHOOD + UNITY = TORONTO RAPTORS
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:45 am

Red Star wrote:
teamColangelo wrote:

Lol.

If Doug is coming they'll need to find a spot for his wife as well!
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#6 » by nba2k16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:49 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Red Star wrote:
teamColangelo wrote:
Lol.

It's been about 15 times in the last year where I've said "wow, the Kings are really dumb, but there's no way they can do something dumber than this"

And each time I say that, it's like the boy who cried wolf, and it just gets WORSE the next time

Peja was a GREAT player. But he has NO management experience. Signing Divac to lead the group was dumb enough. Again, great player, not ready to run a team. Supporting him by adding another inexperienced former player? Terrible.

Might as well add Isaiah Thomas Jr. as VP Basketball Operations and Greivis Vasquez as Director of Scouting.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#7 » by Phila Tough » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:21 am

Kings fan deserve better.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,840

Post#8 » by cdubbz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:38 am

I dont think management experience is necessary at all. I think Divac is smart and savvy to help the Kings...peja, who knows?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
AJ37
Junior
And1: 322

Post#9 » by AJ37 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Red Star wrote:

It's been about 15 times in the last year where I've said "wow, the Kings are really dumb, but there's no way they can do something dumber than this"

And each time I say that, it's like the boy who cried wolf, and it just gets WORSE the next time

Peja was a GREAT player. But he has NO management experience. Signing Divac to lead the group was dumb enough. Again, great player, not ready to run a team. Supporting him by adding another inexperienced former player? Terrible.

Might as well add Isaiah Thomas Jr. as VP Basketball Operations and Greivis Vasquez as Director of Scouting.

Your constant posting (especially about the kings) is getting quite boring. Take a day off.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#10 » by nba2k16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:07 am

apj37 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:If Doug is coming they'll need to find a spot for his wife as well!

Your constant posting (especially about the kings) is getting quite boring. Take a day off.

Just telling the truth as I see it, if you don't like it don't read it.
Tave
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,356

Post#11 » by Tave » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Ross and the Big Cigarette leading a NBA team on gut instinct--If that's not the best idea for a TV sitcom in the last 20 years I don't know what is.
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#12 » by Sir Cruz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:32 pm

He probably could still shoot the lights out, throw on a jersey Peja, best signing of the summer.
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#13 » by Pukovnik » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Come on people, read before you post. Stojakovic was offered a player personnel position witch isn't executive position. His assignments would most likely be in evaluating players, something a scout would do and there are no better scouts out there then former players. Stojakovic was a top notch shooter, I can bet you he will recognize a good shooter when he sees one. He actually advised Divac to sign Duje Dukan who is a bit raw, but has a terrific shooting technique.

Return to Wiretap Discussion