DeAndre Jordan Parts Ways With Agent

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

DeAndre Jordan Parts Ways With Agent 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm

DeAndre Jordan has parted ways with Relativity Sports.

Jordan has been represented by Dan Fegan and Jarin Akana.

Jordan backed out of his deal with the Dallas Mavericks to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.

Relativity Sports will still receive four percent of Jordan's four-year, $88 million contract.

Via Broderick Turner/Los Angeles Times

nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Re: DeAndre Jordan Parts Ways With Agent 

Post#2 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:05 pm

GOOD.

Get rid of that Dan Fegan who tried to corner DJ into signing with Dallas just because of his friendship with that idiot Cuban. That to me is not the way to handle business and all of Dan's clients should, if I were them, be questioning the man's integrity. How can you trust your agent if this is the way they are going to act?

Well done, DJ. You made all the right choices this summer, haters are gonna continue to hate but we are proud of you!
Cone41
Freshman
And1: 144

Post#3 » by Cone41 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:20 pm

nba2k16 wrote:GOOD.

Get rid of that Dan Fegan who tried to corner DJ into signing with Dallas just because of his friendship with that idiot Cuban. That to me is not the way to handle business and all of Dan's clients should, if I were them, be questioning the man's integrity. How can you trust your agent if this is the way they are going to act?

Well done, DJ. You made all the right choices this summer, haters are gonna continue to hate but we are proud of you!

you are such a tool, lmao. :lol:
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#4 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Cone41 wrote:

Okay ballboy.

Tell me how what I said was incorrect? I will gladly discuss it with you instead of you simply commenting and insulting me
taylorbeastly
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#5 » by taylorbeastly » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Cone41 wrote:

Okay ballboy.

Tell me how what I said was incorrect? I will gladly discuss it with you instead of you simply commenting and insulting me

Did you even read DJ's article that he wrote in regards to free agency? Nowhere does it state his agent pressured him into signing with Dallas. He even admitted he acted too quickly, thought he needed change, and signed the deal himself. You are a tool like that guy said. You have over 1700 posts on these forums and I'm sure 80% of those bash the Mavericks in some way. You spew insults and accusations at organizations without any evidence, just like you did here. Had you read the article, you'd have known he only blames himself.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#6 » by nba2k16 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 pm

taylorbeastly wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Cone41 wrote:

Okay ballboy.

Did you even read DJ's article that he wrote in regards to free agency? Nowhere does it state his agent pressured him into signing with Dallas. He even admitted he acted too quickly, thought he needed change, and signed the deal himself. You are a tool like that guy said. You have over 1700 posts on these forums and I'm sure 80% of those bash the Mavericks in some way. You spew insults and accusations at organizations without any evidence, just like you did here. Had you read the article, you'd have known he only blames himself.

Lmao SMH another ballboy. You are naive to think that Cuban's relationship with Fegan didn't influence DJ. I'm not saying he didn't make a quick decision too soon, but the reason he did is because his agent influenced him
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#7 » by FreeBoosie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:47 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
taylorbeastly wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Okay ballboy.

Lmao SMH another ballboy. You are naive to think that Cuban's relationship with Fegan didn't influence DJ. I'm not saying he didn't make a quick decision too soon, but the reason he did is because his agent influenced him

Won't comment on the article but NBA2k16, you're a Fcuk!n idiot. A lot of people on this site have been coming here for years like I have been but don't post any comments or don't even have an account because we don't have so much time on our hands like you do. Don't go around assuming every nikka here who the site labels as a ball boy is a ball boy or don't know what they talking about. Most people don't even know what you're talking about cuz no one checks whose a ball boy or w.e the next tier is (I don't even know what it is cuz I don't care) You post literally on every article and it's always the dumbest s#!t. You're probably gonna ask for an explanation, like that wack comment u always post about Cuban giving bonus for loyalty or w.e the fcuk u always post. Trolls like u have been coming around here forever but the best thing to do is to not feed the trolls. Go play your Nba2k16 little boy if I hurt your feelings.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#8 » by Yallbecrazy » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:59 am

Wonder whose choice it was after that fiasco. An agent may not want to be linked with a situation like that as it can look bad on the business.
BorkLazer
Senior
And1: 427

Post#9 » by BorkLazer » Tue Sep 1, 2015 1:05 am

Yallbecrazy wrote:Wonder whose choice it was after that fiasco. An agent may not want to be linked with a situation like that as it can look bad on the business.

I think it was the agency's call for exactly the reason you brought up. This whole situation probably left a very bad taste in their mouths and no credible agent, in any field, can have a reputation for having clients not honoring agreements.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#10 » by Slava » Tue Sep 1, 2015 1:07 am

More like Fegan collected his $3.5 mil and dumped his ass.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#11 » by Lindecision » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:34 am

Gonna be hard for Fagen to push his top clients to Dallas from now on. Cuban might want to start buddying up with another agent. Just keep it hush hush this time. :D
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#12 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:40 am

Lindecision wrote:Gonna be hard for Fagen to push his top clients to Dallas from now on. Cuban might want to start buddying up with another agent. Just keep it hush hush this time. :D

Lmao Cuban is insane to think he can keep this strategy going. Guy has no ethics when it comes to his dealings, you can't just buddy up with agents and force them into signing with you. If that's how desperate he is to sign guys, I feel bad for Mavs fans, they deserve much much better than this
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#13 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:41 am

FreeBoosie wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
taylorbeastly wrote:

Won't comment on the article but NBA2k16, you're a Fcuk!n idiot. A lot of people on this site have been coming here for years like I have been but don't post any comments or don't even have an account because we don't have so much time on our hands like you do. Don't go around assuming every nikka here who the site labels as a ball boy is a ball boy or don't know what they talking about. Most people don't even know what you're talking about cuz no one checks whose a ball boy or w.e the next tier is (I don't even know what it is cuz I don't care) You post literally on every article and it's always the dumbest s#!t. You're probably gonna ask for an explanation, like that wack comment u always post about Cuban giving bonus for loyalty or w.e the fcuk u always post. Trolls like u have been coming around here forever but the best thing to do is to not feed the trolls. Go play your Nba2k16 little boy if I hurt your feelings.

Man... you caught feelings hard man I am not sure why you are even commenting but if you don't agree with my opinions it's no reason to talk to me that way...
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#14 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:48 am

BorkLazer wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:Wonder whose choice it was after that fiasco. An agent may not want to be linked with a situation like that as it can look bad on the business.

I think it was the agency's call for exactly the reason you brought up. This whole situation probably left a very bad taste in their mouths and no credible agent, in any field, can have a reputation for having clients not honoring agreements.

True but more likely that DJ dropped Fegan after he forced DJ into signing with his buddy Cuban
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#15 » by GSWBlooded93 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:09 am

FreeBoosie wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
taylorbeastly wrote:

Preach! That guy just straight up complains about everything. I've heard you NBA2k16 talk more about how you're sick of Curry's kid showing up at press conference on tv more than I've actually seen it....
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#16 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:16 am

GSWBlooded93 wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Lmao SMH another ballboy. You are naive to think that Cuban's relationship with Fegan didn't influence DJ. I'm not saying he didn't make a quick decision too soon, but the reason he did is because his agent influenced him

Preach! That guy just straight up complains about everything. I've heard you NBA2k16 talk more about how you're sick of Curry's kid showing up at press conference on tv more than I've actually seen it....

I've mentioned it 2-3 times while Riley showed up close to 50 times on TV...
DogWhistle
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#17 » by DogWhistle » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:27 am

nba2k16 wrote:
GSWBlooded93 wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:

I've mentioned it 2-3 times while Riley showed up close to 50 times on TV...

Please stop posting. You're the worst
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#18 » by ChosunX » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:45 am

How the heck was DJ cornered? Was his family kidnapped or something? Just because he is friends with Cubes does not automatically mean he wants the Mavs to succeed, maybe he just thought it was the best situation for DAJ. What the heck are you proud of? it's like if one of your relatives promises you a business loan, you quit your job to start your business then he changes his mind in the last second. Things got done in the knowledge of DJ coming to Dallas.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#19 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:15 am

ChosunX wrote:

How the heck was DJ cornered? Was his family kidnapped or something? Just because he is friends with Cubes does not automatically mean he wants the Mavs to succeed, maybe he just thought it was the best situation for DAJ. What the heck are you proud of? it's like if one of your relatives promises you a business loan, you quit your job to start your business then he changes his mind in the last second. Things got done in the knowledge of DJ coming to Dallas.

The agent's job is to help a player pick his team based on what he thinks is the best place for his client, and in this case Fegan tells DJ that Dallas is the best place because of his alterior motive to stay buddies with Cuban, how would DJ feel about the guy who he confides in to help him make such a big decision? Players rely on agents for information so if an agent is simply telling his guy to sign with one team, he is cornering him
taylorbeastly
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#20 » by taylorbeastly » Tue Sep 1, 2015 7:19 am

nba2k16 wrote:
ChosunX wrote:

The agent's job is to help a player pick his team based on what he thinks is the best place for his client, and in this case Fegan tells DJ that Dallas is the best place because of his alterior motive to stay buddies with Cuban, how would DJ feel about the guy who he confides in to help him make such a big decision? Players rely on agents for information so if an agent is simply telling his guy to sign with one team, he is cornering him

Once again, you post an accusation without any source whatsoever. It's laughable. Earlier I explained how it was not Faegan who pressured him and even gave you a source for it, and yet you're still posting the same garbage. Not surprising, I guess.

Return to Wiretap Discussion