Kendall Marshall Working Out With 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kendall Marshall Working Out With 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 2, 2015 4:28 pm

Kendall Marshall has been working out with the Philadelphia 76ers at their facility and will likely receive a training camp invitation.

Marshall played for the Milwaukee Bucks last season until he tore his ACL.

Marshall was traded to the Phoenix Suns, the team that originally drafted him, and he was then waived as part of the Brandon Knight trade.

Via Jake Fischer/Liberty Ballers

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Re: Kendall Marshall Working Out With 76ers 

Post#2 » by Stix » Wed Sep 2, 2015 4:37 pm

This guy can't shoot and now he has a torn ACL to boot? Good luck.
igglez
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by igglez » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:06 pm

He can too shoot, and he's obviously healed from the acl. He can drain it, has great vision, good handle, and doesn't turn it over very much. A great pick up, and he will be the starter game 1.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by jlokine » Wed Sep 2, 2015 6:05 pm

igglez wrote:He can too shoot, and he's obviously healed from the acl. He can drain it, has great vision, good handle, and doesn't turn it over very much. A great pick up, and he will be the starter game 1.

i was going to argue that he cant shoot. but did some research, turns out that he did much to improve that aspect of his game. good on him. it's a small sample size, his per 36 ppg is 10.6 at only 28 games last year. with ppg at 4.2. improved his FG% every year. so hopefully he can shoot consistently
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#5 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:35 am

jlokine wrote:
igglez wrote:He can too shoot, and he's obviously healed from the acl. He can drain it, has great vision, good handle, and doesn't turn it over very much. A great pick up, and he will be the starter game 1.

i was going to argue that he cant shoot. but did some research, turns out that he did much to improve that aspect of his game. good on him. it's a small sample size, his per 36 ppg is 10.6 at only 28 games last year. with ppg at 4.2. improved his FG% every year. so hopefully he can shoot consistently

Quoting Per 36 is the dumbest thing to do - you can't project his numbers playing off the bench to be the same if he were playing 36 minutes mostly against starters and better defensive players. Does not work like that!

This guy is a scrub and he's done unfortunately due to his injuries - at least Hinkie hopes so. If he does play well, you can bet your finest diamonds he will be gone for a 2nd round pick before the team gets too good!
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#6 » by jlokine » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:48 am

nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:

Quoting Per 36 is the dumbest thing to do - you can't project his numbers playing off the bench to be the same if he were playing 36 minutes mostly against starters and better defensive players. Does not work like that!

This guy is a scrub and he's done unfortunately due to his injuries - at least Hinkie hopes so. If he does play well, you can bet your finest diamonds he will be gone for a 2nd round pick before the team gets too good!

i dont even know why i even bother...

1. i said small sample size..
2. i said his FG% improved every year
3. i said "hopefully he can shoot consistently" because as a normal human being, i wish well unto others' career, which is the tone of my general comment.

even at 10.6 at per 36, it's not a great number. but it is what it is. his ppg is still just 4.2 and i stated that too. you really gotta stop nitpicking ppl's comments.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#7 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:54 am

jlokine wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:

3. i said "hopefully he can shoot consistently" because as a normal human being, i wish well unto others' career, which is the tone of my general comment.

even at 10.6 at per 36, it's not a great number. but it is what it is. his ppg is still just 4.2 and i stated that too. you really gotta stop nitpicking ppl's comments.

1. Small sample size has nothing to do with extrapolating error from small minutes to 36 minutes in a game. You could have had a very large sample size of games and it would not change this extrapolation error.
2. This is recency bias, as past improvement does not indicate a trend into the future, particularly when related to athletes, and especially so when they are not at a learning level, but have reached the professional level.
3. Hoping he can shoot consistently will not make it so.

Ending remark: Again, refer to 1. 10.6 per 36 does not mean he will be able to score 10.6PPG if he played 36MPG. It would be significantly less because he has tougher competition.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#8 » by TKainZero » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:19 am

Dude is a top tier passer

His shooting is ugly
I don't mean stats, I mean form, that is one ugly shot

Is passing is very good
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#9 » by ooptolebron » Thu Sep 3, 2015 8:56 am

1. per 36 doesnt have to include all of the potential factors. It can still extrapolate the figure to give an idea of what he is producing in that time span regardless of the competition. e.g. for every 36 min of play time against bench opponents he averages so and so.

2. This is not recency bias as he is not claiming that his fg% will continue to rise, he is simply stating the fact that it has as evidence that he is capable of improvement. also where is the recency? He said every year since hes been pro not "last year". So his entire nba career is recent?

He almost avged a dbl dbl in less than 30 min with many nights as a backup pg with a good ast to ratio. Not bad

3. He has avgd 37% from 3 pt range thru his career. Whether he is being hopeful or not kendall is still a capable shooter at the most important shot in basketball

4. You clearly have an agenda against kendall as indicated by your posts. Im not even big on him whatsoever but you clearly reek of desperate troll hater. Just gtfo no body wants to read your uneducated bullsh** trolling. Atleast kendall marshall is a famous exclusive nba athlete while you are some phagut keyboard warrior hater. acl tear or not kendall will whoop your azz and ram your girls all night. Gtfo scrub

nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

1. Small sample size has nothing to do with extrapolating error from small minutes to 36 minutes in a game. You could have had a very large sample size of games and it would not change this extrapolation error.
2. This is recency bias, as past improvement does not indicate a trend into the future, particularly when related to athletes, and especially so when they are not at a learning level, but have reached the professional level.

Ending remark: Again, refer to 1. 10.6 per 36 does not mean he will be able to score 10.6PPG if he played 36MPG. It would be significantly less because he has tougher competition.

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#10 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 10:53 am

Lmao classy :noway:
ooptolebron wrote:while you are some phagut keyboard warrior hater. acl tear or not kendall will whoop your azz and ram your girls all night. Gtfo scrub

nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:

puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#11 » by puja21 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:22 pm

nba2k16 wrote:Quoting Per 36 is the dumbest thing to do - you can't project his numbers playing off the bench to be the same if he were playing 36 minutes mostly against starters and better defensive players. Does not work like that!

in your imagination do both teams swap out their starters for bench players in harmony like hockey lines with any kind of relevant frequency to assume that "bench players match up against bench players" ?

"Does not work like that!" :noway:
Phoen-X
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#12 » by Phoen-X » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:01 pm

Good news, we're thin at the point.
Okafor - Noel - Saric - Wroten - Embiid
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#13 » by HotelVitale » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:14 pm

puja21 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:Quoting Per 36 is the dumbest thing to do - you can't project his numbers playing off the bench to be the same if he were playing 36 minutes mostly against starters and better defensive players. Does not work like that!

in your imagination do both teams swap out their starters for bench players in harmony like hockey lines with any kind of relevant frequency to assume that "bench players match up against bench players" ? "Does not work like that!"

Generally speaking, players produce about as well against bench units as starting ones. It's definitely close enough that you can't say 'all bench numbers are out because the first unit defense is so much better'! That's not empirically true.

That said, I agree with the small-sample size warning--no one should expect Marshall to be as good as his best per-36.
The_Didact_117
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#14 » by The_Didact_117 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 4:40 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

Get over yourself dude
Sic Parvis Magna
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#15 » by Kaner » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:16 pm

The_Didact_117 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
jlokine wrote:

Get over yourself dude

Not possible, from what I've noticed :lol: Just gotta block/ignore and move on.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#16 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 9:48 pm

Kaner wrote:
The_Didact_117 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

Get over yourself dude

Not possible, from what I've noticed :lol: Just gotta block/ignore and move on.

Get over myself?

Great analysis dude!
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#17 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 9:50 pm

puja21 wrote:

in your imagination do both teams swap out their starters for bench players in harmony like hockey lines with any kind of relevant frequency to assume that "bench players match up against bench players" ?

The other commenter owned you

I never said anything like what you said in that they come off and get on the court in unison. I am saying most of his numbers, as a bench player, are against bench players. NOT ALL, but A LOT. Obviously if you're playing 36 mins a game now you will have more time against starters. No matter what, that will be true. And my point is it's harder to play against starters (if there was no disadvantage, there would be no difference between the skill level of starters and bench players). So all I'm saying is you can't perfectly extrapolate like that

Either that or you're picking another fight with me on purpose :noway:
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by puja21 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 8:59 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

I never said anything like what you said in that they come off and get on the court in unison. I am saying most of his numbers, as a bench player, are against bench players. NOT ALL, but A LOT. Obviously if you're playing 36 mins a game now you will have more time against starters. No matter what, that will be true. And my point is it's harder to play against starters (if there was no disadvantage, there would be no difference between the skill level of starters and bench players). So all I'm saying is you can't perfectly extrapolate like that

The other commenter owned me? haha he said nothing to me, but did specifically call your claim out that bench players have a statistical advantage against other bench players. I said nothing about the value or lackthereof of per 36 mins as stat that extrapolates. rather, I disagreed with this :
. I am saying most of his numbers, as a bench player, are against bench players.

Why would you assume that to be true? Teams play match ups of course, it's a match up league... but there is almost no way to quantify that as fact... at least not that I can think of... and as the other poster pointed out, it makes no significant difference when it comes to stats anyway
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#19 » by nba2k16 » Sat Sep 5, 2015 4:12 pm

puja21 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
puja21 wrote:

The other commenter owned me? haha he said nothing to me, but did specifically call your claim out that bench players have a statistical advantage against other bench players. I said nothing about the value or lackthereof of per 36 mins as stat that extrapolates. rather, I disagreed with this :
. I am saying most of his numbers, as a bench player, are against bench players.

Why would you assume that to be true? Teams play match ups of course, it's a match up league... but there is almost no way to quantify that as fact... at least not that I can think of... and as the other poster pointed out, it makes no significant difference when it comes to stats anyway

Come on man

Do you think if Kendall Marshall came off the bench more games, he played more of his minutes against starters? Think about if that makes sense for a second
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by puja21 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 2:09 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
puja21 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

Come on man

Do you think if Kendall Marshall came off the bench more games, he played more of his minutes against starters? Think about if that makes sense for a second

It's fairly obvious there is no way to know if he played more, less, or the same given that most starters play well over 30 mins of a 48 min game

Return to Wiretap Discussion