Excel Parts Ways With Jordan Clarkson

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Excel Parts Ways With Jordan Clarkson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:01 pm

Excel Sports Management has severed ties with Jordan Clarkson.

The Los Angeles Lakers picked Clarkson in the second round of the draft in 2014. He averaged 11.9 points and 3.5 assists in his rookie season and was named to the All-Rookie First Team.

Clarkson's primary agent with Excel was Mike George.

Via ESPN

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,478

Re: Excel Parts Ways With Jordan Clarkson 

Post#2 » by Slava » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:59 pm

streets talking wrote:lol i never knew an agency company could kick you out ... the core player of the future of the nba's greatest franchise cant even keep an agency lol the lakers are doomed in everyways

next karma hit on the line will be deangelo russell tearing his ACL - watch!

get banned.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#3 » by 6_Rings » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:04 pm

D'Angelo is next season's biggest bust. Clarkson will get the minutes at point and get a good deal in the offseason.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:26 pm

Good for Jordan Clarkson. Open Office 4eva
papidulo
Rookie
And1: 651

Post#5 » by papidulo » Wed Sep 2, 2015 9:16 pm

Everytime I remember how the Wizards drafted clarkson, and traded him for 20 bucks and a cup of cinnamon applesauce, I cry a little on the inside.

He's gonna be a 10 million+ a year type of guard.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#6 » by ak7 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 11:00 pm

streets talking wrote:lol i never knew an agency company could kick you out ... the core player of the future of the nba's greatest franchise cant even keep an agency lol the lakers are doomed in everyways

It takes a special kind of stupid to make a post like this.

Congratulations on being that stupid.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#7 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Sep 2, 2015 11:50 pm

papidulo wrote:Everytime I remember how the Wizards drafted clarkson, and traded him for 20 bucks and a cup of cinnamon applesauce, I cry a little on the inside.

He's gonna be a 10 million+ a year type of guard.
Uhhh...the Wizards NEVER drafted Clarkson, they owned the pick then sold it to the Lakers. The Lakers were the ones who actually drafted him.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#8 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Sep 2, 2015 11:53 pm

Never heard of an agency dropping a player, I seriously doubt this has been reported accurately. Usually it's the players that drop the agency in search of a better representative.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 2:38 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Never heard of an agency dropping a player, I seriously doubt this has been reported accurately. Usually it's the players that drop the agency in search of a better representative.

They probably realized the guy won't be as big or have as much potential of being a starter with more of the time and focus being on D'Angelo to become the Lakers future PG
intheair1
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#10 » by intheair1 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:02 am

This is one of the more interesting stories to come thru the wire since the beginning of free agency. This is practically unheard of if it's being reported right. An agency dropping a rookie deal player destined to increase his value exponentially and somewhat unexpected. Theres only 2 or 3 of these types of players a year in the league and im guessing only 25-50 across the entire world of sports. This player signed and was expected to make x amount of money. turns out he will be getting x times x times x type of money. why in the world would the agency be the one to part ways? that is an ass-backwards business strategy even if jordan clarkson ran a pit bull fighting/child abuse/women beating summer camp. there has got to be much more to this story or realgm got it ass backwards and clarkson is simply switching agencies. in that case... poor mike george
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#11 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:27 am

nba2k16 wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Never heard of an agency dropping a player, I seriously doubt this has been reported accurately. Usually it's the players that drop the agency in search of a better representative.

They probably realized the guy won't be as big or have as much potential of being a starter with more of the time and focus being on D'Angelo to become the Lakers future PG
Nah that's not it, I know some guys that are agents and from some convo with them that's not nearly the case. If anything the potential is there for Jordan to have a big season, and he's going to be a restricted free agent after next season. Teams are gonna come hard for him, so him switching agencies or them dropping him (if that's even true) has more to do with the business at hand. Most big agents and GM's have more than mutual relationships, then again we'll have to see who Clarkson signs with for all this to come to light.

If he signs with say Rob Pelinka, then that'll tell you Jordan is serious about some things he want's done.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,432

Post#12 » by JellosJigglin » Sun Sep 6, 2015 2:36 pm

lol hahaha that is hilarious! If there is such a thing as karma then you will surely meet the business end of a flaming run-away greyhound bus for wishing injury on others - watch!

Return to Wiretap Discussion