Kevin Love Could Be Ready For Opening Night

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Love Could Be Ready For Opening Night 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Kevin Love continues to rehab his shoulder and could be ready for the start of the regular season.

"I feel great," Love told Seth Myers. "I actually spent three weeks in Park City, Utah at the Olympic training facility there, rehabbed my shoulder, got in great shape and I feel great. I’m probably about a month, month and a half away. I don’t want to set an immediate deadline now, but I really feel good."

Love re-signed with the Cavaliers at the start of free agency.

Via David Zavac/Fear The Sword

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Kevin Love Could Be Ready For Opening Night 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah, I think most of us expected him to be ready.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#3 » by nba2k16 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:54 am

He better be ready because TT won't be.
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Kaner » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:09 pm

nba2k16 wrote:He better be ready because TT won't be.

:noway: :nonono: I know teenagers don't really pay attention to what goes on behind the scenes, but this is called "negotiating a contract". He has all of the leverage because he knows we can't replace him given our current cap situation. He's holding out, like Bledsoe last year, to get more money. He's staying in Cleveland, despite what trolls keep saying.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#5 » by nba2k16 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Kaner wrote:

:noway: :nonono: I know teenagers don't really pay attention to what goes on behind the scenes, but this is called "negotiating a contract". He has all of the leverage because he knows we can't replace him given our current cap situation. He's holding out, like Bledsoe last year, to get more money. He's staying in Cleveland, despite what trolls keep saying.

1) I am not a teenager, don't just make assumptions like that. I know what negotiating a contract is. He in fact does NOT have all the leverage. He is an RFA. They can tell him simply to wait it out until he lowers his expectations and he can't sign with any other team in the mean time. He would only have the leverage if he was a UFA and another team could sign him right now.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 am

With Kyrie on the shelf and TT holding out - it's a blessing in disguise for Love and he could start the season strong alongside Lebron and average his old Minny #s 25 and 12. And it will be Kyrie who will have to adjust at being the third wheel when he comes back. Expect Love to put some effort on the defensive end as well so Blatt plays him in 4th quarters and it would not hurt his Olympic pitch either. Love made the last Olympic team but many other big men in consideration who are much better defenders like Chris Bosh, Lamrcus Aldridge and Blake Griffin were injured and couldn't participate. And there is now a new batch of forwards added to the pool including a healthy Paul George, Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard. Jabari Parker - a Coach K fave if he has a strong sophomore season returning from injury could also be a late addition into the conversation for consideration.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Kaner wrote:

1) I am not a teenager, don't just make assumptions like that. I know what negotiating a contract is. He in fact does NOT have all the leverage. He is an RFA. They can tell him simply to wait it out until he lowers his expectations and he can't sign with any other team in the mean time. He would only have the leverage if he was a UFA and another team could sign him right now.

Didn't he say that he's willing to sign the qualifying offer? He can't really "hold out" he's going to show up, but he just not going to talk about his contract situation; which by the way LeBron has taught him well.

Return to Wiretap Discussion