Kobe Bryant Cleared For All Basketball Activities

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kobe Bryant Cleared For All Basketball Activities 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Kobe Bryant has been medically cleared for all basketball activities.

Bryant is recovering from a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder.

Bryant is in the final season of his current contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Each of the past three seasons have ended with injury for Bryant.

Via Kevin Ding/Bleacher Report

rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Re: Kobe Bryant Cleared For All Basketball Activities 

Post#2 » by rousa27 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Hopefully he stays healthy for most of the season. We won't be seeing much more Mamba from hereon out.
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#3 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 am

Last year in his 35 games, Kobe shot .373fg and .293treys for 22.3ppg.
He's aiming to regain that?
What's the point?
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#4 » by my2bits » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:56 pm

It's popular to complain about Kobe's shot attempts but I haven't heard anybody criticize his skill set which happens to be the most complete in the game. Yes. it's better than Lebron's and when he retires there won't be anybody as fundamentally sound with no obvious weakness/flaws in their game. There are better athletes and younger, more efficient players but not one of them has mastered the nuances of the game like the Black Mamba. When was the last time you heard a professional NBA analyst criticize Bryant's game? Not his shots but his footwork? His spacing? His handle? His form? His acumen? His heart?
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by t-rexCity » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:16 pm

^ But do any of those qualities count if you attempt more shots than anyone in the NBA and shoot 37%?
He's absolutely horrible.
He's either the dumbest guy in the NBA or just as an atrocious aim.
Actually if his aim is atrocious then he's absolutely dumb for attempting all those shots.[/quote]

Stats are used to bring a winning formula and ultimately a championship. Problem is that you are using stats to prove YOUR point. The man has brought the most championships to his team in his era. You're mad cuz Kobe proved you wrong. Nba is about winning championships. It's bcuz of ppl like you we have players who are obsessed about their stats instead of just playing the game.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#6 » by olive_triangurl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:31 pm

^ Championships have nothing to do with what he's doing now.
Last season he shot 10% worse (37%) than his peak (47%).
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#7 » by Note30 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:29 pm

olive_triangurl wrote:^ Championships have nothing to do with what he's doing now.

you try putting an aging player around scrubs who don't deserve to be in the NBA and see how well he scores. In his 19th and 20th he is expected to be the primary options when guys like Wes Johnson and Robert Sacre are starters. The scrubs the lakers had last year make Smush Parker and Kwame Brown look decent.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#8 » by streets talking » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:34 am

Nba analysers said kobe just has to average 20ppg for the next 3years if he wanna pass the number 1 leading scorer after he outdid MJ

And as a SF he wont bother the ball movement as much n will just have to finish plays n got more chance of gettin his 6th ring

Dont blame me blame TV
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,204

Post#9 » by tsherkin » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Have something useful to say or avoid posting in this thread.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#10 » by olive_triangurl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Note30 wrote:
olive_triangurl wrote:^ Championships have nothing to do with what he's doing now.

you try putting an aging player around scrubs who don't deserve to be in the NBA and see how well he scores. In his 19th and 20th he is expected to be the primary options when guys like Wes Johnson and Robert Sacre are starters. The scrubs the lakers had last year make Smush Parker and Kwame Brown look decent.

Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer all are better than Smush Parker/Kwame Brown in my opinion.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,204

Post#11 » by tsherkin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:24 pm

olive_triangurl wrote:Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer all are better than Smush Parker/Kwame Brown in my opinion.

Hill is basically Kwame Brown without being afraid of the world, or the ZOMGDONTPASSMETHEBALLOHNOEZ, deer-in-the-headlights issue Kwame had in LA. Boozer, even as he is now, is better offensively. My MOM is better than Smush Parker, so yes, Lin is definitely better. Nick Young... has like one night in five where he's a useful player and not a counterproductive moron, but yeah, he's still better than Parker. Kwame was an acceptable rebounder and an decent man defender for L.A. He just blew bits on offense.

This team is better than the 05 squad, for sure, but Kobe's older now. One can ask only so much of him before it's trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Hibbert will help defensively, and Lou Williams is a good addition. Better than anything Kobe had post-Shaq and pre-Gasol. But he just hit his career high when he NEARED 16 ppg, right? They're still lacking the pieces that would support a lower-volume Kobe, unless Randle gets going. It'll be a challenging year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion