Reggie Jackson Ready To Prove He's Worth $80M Contract

Moderators: -Sammy-, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 216

Reggie Jackson Ready To Prove He's Worth $80M Contract 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Reggie Jackson re-signed with the Detroit Pistons this offseason on a five-year, $80 million contract.

Jackson is embracing the pressure that comes with those type of expectations.

"Always," Jackson said Monday during Pistons media day at The Palace of Auburn Hills. "I've got to live up to trying to win a championship. Money is money. I worked just as hard when people said I didn't have as much, and I'm going to work just as hard after."

Jackson wants to get better now that he has the chance to be a full time starter.

"I want to be the best," he said. "And that's my approach, each and every day. That's what wakes me up and that's what drives me. If I'm not the best or my peers aren't telling me I'm the best, I've got to continue to go and earn that kind of respect.

"Somebody's the best, so I have to go try and prove it."

Via Aaron McMann/MLive

caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Re: Reggie Jackson Ready To Prove He's Worth $80M Contract 

Post#2 » by caronimo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:52 pm

we'll see how he works with SVG. SVG won't take any crap from him.
Sir Cruz
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Sir Cruz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 am

RJ is solid, so is SVG, Reg may not be a knock down 3 point shooter, like other PG's in SVG's system previously, but his ability to get to the basket and open up the players who can shoot will probably compensate rather well - if he stays healthy to do so. Detroit maybe just maybe be playoff bound.
DET_Athletics
Senior
And1: 118

Post#4 » by DET_Athletics » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Sir Cruz wrote:RJ is solid, so is SVG, Reg may not be a knock down 3 point shooter, like other PG's in SVG's system previously, but his ability to get to the basket and open up the players who can shoot will probably compensate rather well - if he stays healthy to do so. Detroit maybe just maybe be playoff bound.

i hate to say it, but i dont want us to be playoff bound this year. we have built a good team, but we are one piece away since we loss moose. we need that top 5 pick this year to be dominate for the next 5+, you plug in a Ivan Rabb or Skal Labissiere, with that money in free agency to go with a upgrade at the 2, and this team becomes very very scary.

Return to Wiretap Discussion