Stephen A. Smith: Kevin Durant More Interested In Lakers Than Wizards, Heat

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stephen A. Smith: Kevin Durant More Interested In Lakers Than Wizards, Heat 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 1, 2015 5:17 pm

Stephen A. Smith reported this week that the Los Angeles Lakers are his preferred team if he decides to not re-sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

“Regardless of how senseless it may (sound), in one breath I’m hearing that if Kevin Durant doesn’t stay in Oklahoma City, L.A. is his primary objective and landing spot as opposed to South Beach or even his home of Washington, D.C.,” Smith said.

Smith also said he's heard the New York Knicks could be in play for Durant.

“I heard Melo, Kevin Durant, Kobe,” Smith added. “And when you take into account that Phil Jackson is on the record saying it might be Kobe’s last year in L.A. — opening the door that there are possibilities for him to go elsewhere. All I’m saying is you just never know.”

Via Stephen A. Smith/ESPN (via Larry Brown Sports)

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Kevin Durant More Interested In Lakers Than Wizards, Heat 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:22 pm

Dang - there go all of our "We're Getting Durant Up North" banners!!
taylorbeastly
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#3 » by taylorbeastly » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:15 pm

It's Steven A. Smith saying this, so it's pretty safe to say you shouldn't believe this story. :lol:
terryboy
Junior
And1: 83

Post#4 » by terryboy » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:16 pm

Didn't he also say that Kevin Love was going to sign in LA aswell.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#5 » by teamLeiweke » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:18 pm

Sounds like he is just making things up for attention.

He "may play" for the Knicks. Stephen always says every player may play for the Knicks. It's bias thinking just cause they are in New York.

I doubt he has any real sources about Durants intentions at all.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#6 » by OrlDave » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:22 pm

Gosh a report where a major FA wants to go to the Lakers? This is new and unique. I'm sure it will pan out like all the hundreds of similar rumors over the years. /s
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#7 » by Dat2U » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:51 pm

I can't believe Stephen A. Smith actually gets paid to make this stuff up. I'm sure Durant is drooling at the idea of playing with an ancient Kobe to go along with vets like Nick Young, Lou Will & Ryan Kelly. Throw in Byron Scott as coach and it should be a no-brainer. :lol:
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#8 » by xJumpManx » Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:52 pm

Never really thought Washington had a chance. I think he will stay in OKC.
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#9 » by caronimo » Thu Oct 1, 2015 8:16 pm

even kevin love stayed in cleveland rather than go to LA
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#10 » by LaRance » Thu Oct 1, 2015 10:37 pm

Now that Westbrook awakened his Sharingan, I don't see Durant leaving OKC
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#11 » by rousa27 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 1:27 am

And I'm sure Love seeks a buyout and joins LA and Westbrook demands a trade to LA and Phil gives up on the Knicks to coach the Lakers and _(enter "disgruntled" star here)_ joins LA as well. That's what my sources tell me anyway. Sounds more like a mad lib than a rumor when it comes to the Lakers...
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#12 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Fri Oct 2, 2015 3:24 am

Well you gotta believe it because Stephen A. was totally right about....
.....ummmm......ya.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:16 am

Stephen A. blows more smoke than a small town in Colorado!
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#14 » by Lindecision » Fri Oct 2, 2015 7:51 am

Makes sense. Gotta make Washington feel like they at least gotta work for it.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#15 » by Sam195 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 8:27 am

I don't get why the Rockets are not considered a real threat to land Durant. They have two of his best friends on their roster in James Harden (former teammate + close brother) and Ty Lawson (Childhood friend + former AAU teammate). Durant also went to college at university of Texas and apparently owns an off-season home there. The lack of state income tax would close the financial gap between what he could get from rockets compared to okc cause his salary and endorsements wouldn't be taxed in Texas. Rockets will also likely resign Dwight Howard who when healthy is arguably one of the league's top 5 centers. With the cap rising - Daryl Morey could easily pull the maneuvering to free the max cap space to land Durant.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#16 » by ontnut » Fri Oct 2, 2015 2:25 pm

Melo Durant and Kobe would be a HORRIBLE idea. How many balls do they expect to play with? That's 3 of the highest usage players in the league on the same team. 3 guys who are very, very well known to be shoot-first players, none of whom are exactly stellar at the defensive end at this point in their careers.
JazKeyz
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#17 » by JazKeyz » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:39 pm

Durant already called Stephen a smith out about this. He was lying and Stephen a smith went on a rant yesterday morning talking about how Durant needs to watch himself when talking about Stephen a smith. I think Durant was right. Stephen a smith was lying about that report and Durant flipped out on him about it
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#18 » by nba2k16 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:58 am

IMO, it's OKC, Clippers or Wizards but only cause of the hometown feel. The idea he'd go to the Lakers, Knicks or Raptors is a joke.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#19 » by nba2k16 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:59 am

ontnut wrote:Melo Durant and Kobe would be a HORRIBLE idea. How many balls do they expect to play with? That's 3 of the highest usage players in the league on the same team. 3 guys who are very, very well known to be shoot-first players, none of whom are exactly stellar at the defensive end at this point in their careers.

Not to mention Lou Will and Swaggy P as well! Steven A needs to put down what he's smoking!

Return to Wiretap Discussion