George Karl Apologized To DeMarcus Cousins In Offseason

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

George Karl Apologized To DeMarcus Cousins In Offseason 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:30 pm

George Karl admitted apologizing to DeMarcus Cousins during a meeting facilitated by Vlade Divac during the offseason.

Karl had suggested every player on the Sacramento Kings was tradeable.

“What I said, I should not have said,” Karl reiterated Friday. “But we all make mistakes. I make mistakes with game-planning, make mistakes coaching. DeMarcus makes mistakes. I think he was a little surprised (laugh) to hear me say that I make mistakes and that I’m going to ‘bleep up’ again.”

Via Ailene Voisin/Sacramento Bee

tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Re: George Karl Apologized To DeMarcus Cousins In Offseason 

Post#2 » by tasball » Mon Oct 5, 2015 8:35 pm

Cousins attitude makes him tradeable (if you want to win a Championship).

Highly talented, all-about-me player.

Stop sucking up George, you know it, we all know it.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#3 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 10:03 pm

tasball wrote:Cousins attitude makes him tradeable (if you want to win a Championship).

Vivek doesn't know it.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#4 » by MitchB3 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:40 am

tasball wrote:Cousins attitude makes him tradeable (if you want to win a Championship).

Wait don't you mean his attitude makes hard for him to get traded? I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for his attitude teams would be bending backwards for a talent like him.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,225

Post#5 » by King4Day » Tue Oct 6, 2015 12:34 pm

MitchB3 wrote:

Wait don't you mean his attitude makes hard for him to get traded? I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for his attitude teams would be bending backwards for a talent like him.

I believe they already tried bending over backwards to get him but the Kings didn't want to trade him.
I am not certain about the 'all about me' part but Kings fans can probably chime in there. My understanding is that he's very loyal to his team.

He has issues losing his cool but he's extremely talented and IMO, if someone like Rasheed Wallace can win a title on a well put together team, so can Cousins.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#6 » by MitchB3 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:49 pm

DarkHawk wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

I believe they already tried bending over backwards to get him but the Kings didn't want to trade him.
I am not certain about the 'all about me' part but Kings fans can probably chime in there. My understanding is that he's very loyal to his team.

He has issues losing his cool but he's extremely talented and IMO, if someone like Rasheed Wallace can win a title on a well put together team, so can Cousins.

Sheed went to a team that had NO REAL All-Star, and had all their players bought into the system and put aside their egos, so they could win a championship. However cousins doesn't really have that; everyone on that team are still young, they all have some type of ego and not to mention almost everything is done by Cousins.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,230

Post#7 » by tsherkin » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:56 pm

DMC's attitude is not his problem.

If he ever solves his turnover issues, you'll discover quickly that his value will be a lot higher regardless of his attitude. Cut him some slack: the Kings have been a dumpster fire of an organization for several years now. It's hard to be at the center of that, especially with the way they handled Mike Malone, and given his mixture of injuries and illness.

Of all things to attack him for, this is the least relevant. His attitude isn't costing them games: their crap-ass roster and their dullard management are considerably more problematic.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#8 » by nba2k16 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:10 am

Don't think that's gonna make DMC less pissed at the team

Return to Wiretap Discussion