LeBron James Undergoes Injection In Back, Likely Out For Rest Of Preseason

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James Undergoes Injection In Back, Likely Out For Rest Of Preseason 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:52 pm

LeBron James received an injection in his back this week and is unlikely to play again in the preseason.

James received a similar anti-inflammatory shot in January when he was shut down for two weeks and responded so well that the plan was always for him to have another one at some point.

By receiving the injection now, James is unlikely to miss any significant time.

James has dealt with back problems the last couple of years, although no one seems to think it’s a significant issue at present. 

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Re: LeBron James Undergoes Injection In Back, Likely Out For Rest Of Preseason 

Post#2 » by DrClutch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:03 pm

PED..
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#3 » by TheSamMitchell » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:38 pm

RealGM needs to start paying for writers.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:02 pm

It wouldn't hurt to let us know what he was injected with. Just squash the rumors before they start. Plus I have chronic back problems. If you know the solution, fill us in LBJ!
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#5 » by Cycklops » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:59 pm

I thought that said rest of season...

chesterisme
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#6 » by chesterisme » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:38 pm

First, the news about him wearing #6 in practice, and now this? Things aren't looking good for the Cavs this season.
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#7 » by jumpstart » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:00 pm

He's doping. He'll never get busted for it, but whatever.
Cycklops
Sixth Man
And1: 2,080

Post#8 » by Cycklops » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:28 pm

How the hell was Michael Jordan so insanely aggressive and tireless for 82 games a year at 40 minutes per game and all natural? (note, this isn't accusing Jordan of using PED's, I'm just amazed by Jordan)
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#9 » by rousa27 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 pm

LeBron haters using irrelevant and irrational arguments against him. Why not accuse Westbrook, Griffin, Howard, AD (after clearly beefing up in the offseason) etc. of using PEDs? Oh right, because LeBron is clearly the best player in the world thus he's obviously doping. :roll:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#10 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:09 am

LeBron has been having back issues for the last few years, he'll be 31 in December....not surprised he's having this issues. Back problems usually plague wingers and bigs, leg issues for guards, but LeBron is smart he'll tweak his game hell he has no choice. I can see him picking his spots on when to attack the paint now and I think he'll cut back on the explosive dunks.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
juduking
Junior
And1: 23

Post#11 » by juduking » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:12 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:It wouldn't hurt to let us know what he was injected with. Just squash the rumors before they start. Plus I have chronic back problems. If you know the solution, fill us in LBJ!

LeBron James had an anti-inflammatory injection in his back earlier this week, Cavaliers general manager David Griffin told ESPN.com
"Ball Don't Lie"!
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#12 » by 7 Footer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:07 am

Injection in butt*
WarriorsEFC
Rookie
And1: 1,111

Post#13 » by WarriorsEFC » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 am

Another shot of PED's. The league really has to do something about this and demand players are tested. Catch up with the rest of the sporting world that doesn't put money and tv rights above cheating in sport. There will always be an asterisk next to Lebron's name when he retires.
73-9 - GTOAT.
HornetsNationYT
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#14 » by HornetsNationYT » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 am

WarriorsEFC wrote:Another shot of PED's. The league really has to do something about this and demand players are tested. Catch up with the rest of the sporting world that doesn't put money and tv rights above cheating in sport. There will always be an asterisk next to Lebron's name when he retires.

Yet nobody wonders how Anthony Davis gained that much weight in a short amount of time. Please stop. Targeting Lebron for no reason at all. I can already predict what you might reply to me.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,039

Post#15 » by vxmike » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 am

Cycklops wrote:How the hell was Michael Jordan so insanely aggressive and tireless for 82 games a year at 40 minutes per game and all natural? (note, this isn't accusing Jordan of using PED's, I'm just amazed by Jordan)

MJ = GOAT

He worked harder than anyone in addition to his natural physical traits.

effort X natural ability = success
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:22 am

juduking wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:It wouldn't hurt to let us know what he was injected with. Just squash the rumors before they start. Plus I have chronic back problems. If you know the solution, fill us in LBJ!

LeBron James had an anti-inflammatory injection in his back earlier this week, Cavaliers general manager David Griffin told ESPN.com

Uh, yeah.... so you don't know either.

I did actually read the the column and that is an extremely general statement. Since it was clearly a legal procedure, reporting specifics would be advantageous to everyone involved.
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#17 » by rousa27 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
juduking wrote:

I did actually read the the column and that is an extremely general statement. Since it was clearly a legal procedure, reporting specifics would be advantageous to everyone involved.

So are you implying that every medical procedure any professional athlete undergoes should be publicly disclosed in medical terms in order to "squash the rumors"? I would guess a corticosteriod or NSAID was injected as they both are anti-inflammatory agents. Simply speculating that whatever the procedure is is shady for rumor or conspiracy purposes is childish. How about Kobe's PRP therapy in Germany? That procedure isn't even FDA approved, shouldn't that raise concerns of something shady going on? Give me a break.
New York Knick
Junior
And1: 114

Post#18 » by New York Knick » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:28 pm

"By receiving the injection now, James is unlikely to miss any significant time."

Oh really! Mr. Silver, are you listening?
PG - Jerian Grant/Galloway
SG - Arron Afflalo/Vujacic
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Williams
PF - Kristaps Porzingis/O'Quinn
C - Robin Lopez/Admundson

Projected record: 42-40 :cheesygrin:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:03 pm

rousa27 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
juduking wrote:LeBron James had an anti-inflammatory injection in his back earlier this week, Cavaliers general manager David Griffin told ESPN.com

So are you implying that every medical procedure any professional athlete undergoes should be publicly disclosed in medical terms in order to "squash the rumors"? I would guess a corticosteriod or NSAID was injected as they both are anti-inflammatory agents. Simply speculating that whatever the procedure is is shady for rumor or conspiracy purposes is childish. How about Kobe's PRP therapy in Germany? That procedure isn't even FDA approved, shouldn't that raise concerns of something shady going on? Give me a break.

I wasn't speculating. I would guess that he probably had a cortisone shot. That is much easier to say than "anti-inflammatory injection" and crystal clear. I didn't suggest that they should be required to reveal anything; I said "it wouldn't hurt"... and it wouldn't.

I also didn't say it as an attack or in a derogatory manner. I was just commenting on the intentional and often unnecessary vagueness of NBA medical reports. Let's try to be less sensitive.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,473

Post#20 » by tsherkin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:04 am

TheSamMitchell wrote:RealGM needs to start paying for writers.

That was a writer for the Akron Beacon or something, not a RGM-generated story, lad.

As to the whole "what was he injected with," I mean that's not really the business of the rest of the world provided that it is a legal substance for the league's sake. That's a man's medical record you're discussing and, athlete or no, he does have rights to privacy in that regard.

Realistically, it is likely some kind of cortisone shot or something similar. Sounds like a SAID injection.

Return to Wiretap Discussion