What are some small trades you think your team should look at during the season?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

What are some small trades you think your team should look at during the season? 

Post#1 » by King Ken » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:14 pm

What are some small trades you think your team should look at during the season? Trades that probably won't put you over the top or make you much better but they serve a need or they are just really good fits for what you do like SA signing for Boris Diaw after being cut from the Bobcats for example. I'll start:

Hawks:

ATL/SAC

Tim Hardaway Jr and a 2016 2nd round pick for Ben McLemore

I like Ben's potential, he's could be available. I don't doubt that Tim could be effective for us but I don't see him supplanting Korver in the next several years and Ben has a lot more potential for our system than he does in Sac. Do far, Ben has underachieved quite a bit but if Ben is available, Atlanta should look into trading for him.

ATL/UTA

Mike Muscala for Elijah Millsap

I feel we need more depth and I am not sold on Muscala as a center. With that said, I think Utah probably values Sap more than Muscala so it is unlikely that this deal will happen. It would reunite the Saps. I think they value Whiety as a #3 C and they value Sap as their #3 PF. Muscala stat wise is one of the better values in the NBA but he can only play limited minutes to really have value in the NBA. He's your typical NBA tweener/Euroleague stud. We had this before with Ayon.

ATL/PHI

Shelvin Mack for Hollis Thompson

While Mack is a solid #3 PG, we could still use some shooting from the 3 spot. Hollis is an average role player but he can shoot the lights off the ball and moves without the ball well. He would fit in our system and would be nice to have as more depth at 3. Lamar can play some PG so Mack's need isn't what it was last year. This is a reasonable deal for both teams. Philly needs a PG who can do a bit of everything. Right now, it's a scoring guard (Canaan), passer (Marshall) and low BBIQ talent (Wroten) and their needs at PG is still there. Mack would clear the air for them as a starting PG.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Re: What are some small trades you think your team should look at during the season? 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:56 pm

PJ Hairston + Brian Roberts + 2nd for James Johnson would help us replace some of the defense we lost with MKG's injury.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,850

Re: What are some small trades you think your team should look at during the season? 

Post#3 » by giberish » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Possibly trade Mo Speights or Jason Thompson for extra guard depth. Something like Speights for Bayless.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#4 » by LApwnd » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 am

Matt Barnes for tpe/future 2nd, Barnes could start for La, we're lacking any sort of toughness at the swing position and MWP if he makes the team is more of a mentor.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,896

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:39 am

Miles Plumlee could probably give some team solid minutes. Id probably move Bayless and let Vaughn/Ennis soak up the few extra minutes at the guard positions as well but he's a Kidd guy so he'll probably stay put.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#6 » by Austincys21 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:59 am

Tarik Black + Jabari Brown for Kent Bazemore
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#7 » by Austincys21 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:00 am

LApwnd wrote:Matt Barnes for tpe/future 2nd, Barnes could start for La, we're lacking any sort of toughness at the swing position and MWP if he makes the team is more of a mentor.

If we are in the playoff hunt come Jan or Feb than yes but expiring contracts of vets aren't worth a pick unless salary of our own is going out.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#8 » by spearsy23 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:28 am

DJ Augustin for TPE at the deadline.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#9 » by Dame Lizard » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:19 pm

an expiring $5 million Chris Kaman to a contending team.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#10 » by californiadude » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:43 pm

I think Mo Speights or Jason Thompson do get traded at some point this season, not sure where though.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,194

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:42 pm

spearsy23 wrote:DJ Augustin for TPE at the deadline.

I'd imagine you could probably get a second round pick for the Bulls or Utah for Augustine.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#12 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:25 am

californiadude wrote:I think Mo Speights or Jason Thompson do get traded at some point this season, not sure where though.

For a scoring wing.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,194

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:37 am

Coxy wrote:
californiadude wrote:I think Mo Speights or Jason Thompson do get traded at some point this season, not sure where though.

For a scoring wing.

Unless you're taking back Swaggy P, I don't think you're getting a scoring wing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#14 » by spearsy23 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

For a scoring wing.

Unless you're taking back Swaggy P, I don't think you're getting a scoring wing.

Does Vince Carter still count as a scoring wing?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:26 am

spearsy23 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
For a scoring wing.

Does Vince Carter still count as a scoring wing?

Nah.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#16 » by spearsy23 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:44 am

Coxy wrote:
Nah.

Then you may want to temper your expectations. Thompson isn't netting any positive player.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#17 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Nah.

Then you may want to temper your expectations. Thompson isn't netting any positive player.

Says you.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#18 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Coxy wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Nah.

Says you.

No, he's really not. He was just salary dumped, and Golden State took him on because he's cheaper and a little better than the alternative (Wallace).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#19 » by Foshan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:23 pm

I would imagine Philly takes on between 5-12M in expiring salary from a tax team for a late 1st/2nd (not in '16 draft). Value of picks TBD by amount of cash taken on.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#20 » by sportscrazy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Jose Calderon and two second round draft picks for Boris Diaw
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.

Return to Trades and Transactions