Linda Luchetti Named Utah's VP Of Basketball Operations

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Linda Luchetti Named Utah's VP Of Basketball Operations 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Linda Luchetti has been named vice president of basketball operations for the Utah Jazz.

The longtime Larry H. Miller Group of Companies executive and sports industry veteran joins the Jazz front office in a senior management position and will report directly to general manager Dennis Lindsey.

“We are very pleased to be able to add someone of Linda’s character and caliber to a leadership role within basketball operations,” said Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey. “I am confident that her vision and wealth of experience both within the company and externally will prove her to be a valuable addition to the Jazz.”

Luchetti brings to the Jazz more than 30 years of experience inmedia relations, marketing, community relations, philanthropic work and event management, much of it within the sports realm. She has worked for the Jazz’s parent company, the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, in multiple capacities since 2005, and since 2013 had been serving as the company’s executive vice president of communications, where she was responsible for overseeing internal and external corporate communications for the company and its more than 80 businesses and properties operating in 46 states in the areas of automotive, finance, insurance, real estate, sports, entertainment and retail. Luchetti concurrently served as vice president of communications for Larry H. Miller Charities. 

Via RealGM Staff Report

MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Re: Linda Luchetti Named Utah's VP Of Basketball Operations 

Post#2 » by MeestR » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Wow, that's a lot of corporate experience. But what does that have to do with Basketball Operations? Isn't Basketball Operations have more to do with player movement and acquisition? I don't see any coaching or scouting experience.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#3 » by DJ3thenew23 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Linda! Linda! Linda listen!
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#4 » by JazzMatt13 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 am

So all their businesses they send their best to the Jazz, I'd say Jazz's well being is more important than any other part of their umbrella.

Return to Wiretap Discussion