76ers To Sign Phil Pressey

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

76ers To Sign Phil Pressey 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 4, 2015 9:41 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers will sign Phil Pressey with their NBA-granted roster exemption.

Pressey has played 125 games in the league over the past two seasons, both with the Boston Celtics.

The Sixers get the extra roster spot due to the season-ending injury to Joel Embiid. 

Brett Brown was asked which position he'd like to bolster with the extra roster spot.

“Point guard,” he said without hesitation. “Point guard, no doubt. Because I think Isaiah Canaan has shown he can play a little bit of one, he can go over to two, he’s physical enough to play one, two or two, one. Whatever the order is, the order is. And we’ve unearthed something in T.J. (McConnell) who is just a real push it point guard and a pass-first point guard. I feel what this team needs to protect ourselves, as much as anything.”

Via Bob Cooney/Philadelphia Daily News

rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Re: 76ers To Sign Phil Pressey 

Post#2 » by rousa27 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 12:22 am

...to be traded for another 2nd round pick.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#3 » by CoreyGallagher » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:03 am

rousa27 wrote:...to be traded for another 2nd round pick.

If we could get a second round pick for a player that we signed with the hardship exemption then that would be spectacular, tbh.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#4 » by jason bourne » Thu Nov 5, 2015 7:42 am

I'm waiting for him to trade Nerlens Noel.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to Wiretap Discussion